When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Antlion said:

Further partitioning that nation state, I think you mean. It’s already been broken up. But of course neither example of undoing the status quo is as “noxious or reprehensible” as the views of the far-right racists, anti-semites, and Islamophobes you happily share and promote (at least until they’re banned from social media for their hate preaching).

This guy would literally upvote Bawwatching and similar anti semitic idiots on here. 

It's official now BJ is a walking, talking o.g. even his "friends" think so

Boris Johnson should stay out of independence debate, No campaign boss urges
The former head of the Better Together campaign has called for Boris Johnson to stay out of the debate on Scottish independence.image.png.ed533d1eecde9f830646809c5cf9de59.png

In an interview with the Daily Record, Blair McDougall, who led the No campaign to a 55% victory in the 2014 referendum, agreed with Labour MP Ian Murray who said the Prime Minister poses a “greater threat to the UK than any nationalist does”.

Boris Johnson should stay out of independence debate, No campaign boss urges (msn.com)

10 minutes ago, btb said:

Boris Johnson should stay out of independence debate, No campaign boss urges (msn.com)

It’s just common sense but hubris gets in the way.  Johnson and his advisers will know that his popularity in Scotland is rock bottom, they will also know that there will be no political advantage in the recent visit, but his ego is such that a stunt like that is always going to appeal to him.

13 minutes ago, btb said:

Ah yes the PMs best friend/prominent Labour activist doesn't support the Conservative leader. 

This is surprising. 

An argument for Scottish independence: The Tories are putting NHS on open market for private US healthcare companies – Professor Harry Burns

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/argument-scottish-independence-tories-are-putting-nhs-open-market-private-us-healthcare-companies-professor-harry-burns-3114271

Definitely something up at The Scotsman.

21 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Ah yes the PMs best friend/prominent Labour activist doesn't support the Conservative leader. 

This is surprising. 

On the issue of Independence he clearly is on the same side as BJ who he's described as "greater threat to the UK than any nationalist" - as I've said a few pages ago I'd have him up here every week.

Edited by btb

Pat Nevin on five live fighting talk being a massive dick just now.

Basically saying sturgeon should shut up and we should be grateful to the English for giving us vaccines. And that the snp paint anything English as evil and corrupt.

A proper unionist rant. Kincardine would've loved it.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Basically saying sturgeon should shut up and we should be grateful to the English for giving us vaccines. And that the snp paint anything English as evil and corrupt.

That would have been on the BBC.

As I mentioned elsewhere they are ramping up their anti Independence/SNP campaign from all quarters in the run up to May.

Nevin usually comes across as a sensible type so it's likely his rant was to curry favour with his pay masters.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

An argument for Scottish independence: The Tories are putting NHS on open market for private US healthcare companies – Professor Harry Burns

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/columnists/argument-scottish-independence-tories-are-putting-nhs-open-market-private-us-healthcare-companies-professor-harry-burns-3114271

Definitely something up at The Scotsman.

Harry Burns is a legend and absolutely knows the score. The harm from privatising the NHS would drive health inequality so much further. 

3 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Mmm, is it not a Unionist thing to look backwards? It's the looking back to some mythical Golden Age that seemed to be the driving force for Brexit. 

Making an inextricable link between the union and Brexit is just lazy thinking.  Plenty of unionists, such as me, were also remainers and you also get a sprinkling of Natters who wanted to leave the EU.

17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You mean Pat Nevin the footballer?  What an arsehole, but they'll love that, he'll get regular slots now.  Probably see him on Question Time soon.

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What's ironic and infuriating in equal measures is the level of anti-Scottish feeling in England is way higher than the level of anti-English feeling in Scotland and always has been.

Its completely acceptable for anti-Scottish racism to be splattered all over the front page of national newspapers, and commentators from all across the political spectrum to spout racist shite about Scots.  The sort of thing you would never, ever, ever see up here about English people.

Anti English-ness in Scotland is only really a thing when their football team plays, anti-Scottish-ness in England is an every day thing that is part of the public lexicon and doesn't even cause a stir its so ingrained and so accepted. 

25 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Aye but it's Pat Nevin.  I'd probably prefer to wear an♥ Nikla badge.

4 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

What's ironic and infuriating in equal measures is the level of anti-Scottish feeling in England is way higher than the level of anti-English feeling in Scotland and always has been.

Its completely acceptable for anti-Scottish racism to be splattered all over the front page of national newspapers, and commentators from all across the political spectrum to spout racist shite about Scots.  The sort of thing you would never, ever, ever see up here about English people.

Anti English-ness in Scotland is only really a thing when their football team plays, anti-Scottish-ness in England is an every day thing that is part of the public lexicon and doesn't even cause a stir its so ingrained and so accepted. 

Having worked in England for 6 years, albeit in the 90s, I can confirm this view is definitely a lot more prevalent in the South, I still have friends in Newcastle - they laughed when I joked they'd be better off as the South of Scotland than the North of England during the independence referendum but a couple of them have asked (mostly in jest) if the option is still open - just sayin' like.

Edited by btb

1 minute ago, btb said:

Having worked in England for 6 years albeit in the 90s I can confirm this view is definitely a lot more prevalent in the South however I still have friends in Newcastle - they laughed when I joked they'd be better of as the South of Scotland than the North of England during the independence referendum but a couple of them have asked (again in jest) if the option is still open - just sayin' like.

Yeah I'm sure it is. The north of England are much more amenable to us and much more like us.

But you see literal racist rants about Scottish people in national newspapers all the time. Its completely acceptable. You would never see an anti-English racist rant in a Scottish newspaper, absolutely no chance whatsoever you would ever see anything of the sort. Yet we're constantly told we're the ones who are anti-English.

Take someone like Kelvin Mackenzie, guilty of regular anti-Scottish racism. And people might say aw but he's a racist idiot, aye he is, but the point is someone like that would never get to be the editor of a national newspaper here, and if he printed some of the things about English people that Mackenzie did about Scots he'd be fired on the spot.  

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Making an inextricable link between the union and Brexit is just lazy thinking.  Plenty of unionists, such as me, were also remainers and you also get a sprinkling of Natters who wanted to leave the EU.

But those setting the narrative...

The British prime minister has vowed to push through Brexit — even without a deal. Boris Johnson has backed an October 31 deadline to leave the EU, calling it the beginning of a "new golden age for the United Kingdom."

Writing in July 2016 after the UK’s vote to leave the EU, David Davis, the Conservative government’s first secretary of state for Brexit, foretold a golden age of global trade deals.

I mean look at some of the things the actual fucking Prime Minister has said and printed about Scottish people.  Outrageous, there is no chance whatsoever anybody who said similar things about English people could become First Minister of Scotland.  He is an open anti-Scottish racist, going back decades. Yet we're the ones with the anti-English problem?  Are you having a fuckin laugh?