When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Regarding the point about other European countries leaving the EU, I think the desire is there, but the practicalities are horrendous due to most of them being in the eurozone.

For them to leave would be an operational nightmare!!
Fortunately, we retained the pound which made it substantially easier.

There's a big difference between thinking the desire is there and the desire actually being there.

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

The "basket case member state" has just left the EU ya numpty - don't you read the news?

Has Spain left numpty? With its 50% youth unemployment!! They’ll miss the EU subsidies for Bull fighting. 
If you seriously think that Britain is a basket case, you really are stupid.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wrong

Greece, Italy, most Southern European states are far worse.

Interestingly both have signed up to a large investment in the European semiconductor sector which should see Europe step up to compete with the large tech manufacturing in China, Taiwan and South Korea.

https://www.eenewseurope.com/news/145bn-boost-europes-semiconductor-industry/page/0/1

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wrong

Greece, Italy, most Southern European states are far worse.

Don’t waste your breath Dawson, the civic and joyous Nat fanboys just won’t accept that. It doesn’t sit well with them. They’ll demonise Britain at any opportunity. It’s all they know. That said, they do enjoy the money and “free things” that comes with being in the Union.

7 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Has Spain left numpty? With its 50% youth unemployment!! They’ll miss the EU subsidies for Bull fighting. 

Spain doesn't have 50% youth unemployment. It's still dreadful but it's not 50%

6 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Don’t waste your breath Dawson, the civic and joyous Nat fanboys just won’t accept that. It doesn’t sit well with them. They’ll demonise Britain at any opportunity. It’s all they know. That said, they do enjoy the money and “free things” that comes with being in the Union.

Paying for things via borrowing is free? I’d better cancel my direct debits to my credit card. Incidentally, nice to see you throwing Northern Ireland out.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Minter

16 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Ah, it never takes long for British Nationalism to resort to Boris Johnson’s xenophobia and racism. What next; is the filthy EU subsidising sauerkraut and frog’s legs?

Incidentally, the bit in bold is precious. Can you go one day without humiliating yourself? No wonder scum like Johnson can fill your head with garbage; there’s little else in there.

Edited by Antlion

12 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Thanks, I’ll give it a rest for a bit.

Some real nutters on here. Impossible to debate with.

Actually, can I recommend the pro independence site, ‘wings over scotland’.

They are very tolerant, very polite and can handle a few Britnats with a bit of panache and intelligence.

Interestingly, around 90% of them can’t wait to see the back of the Murrells.

Give it a go.

11 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Spain doesn't have 50% youth unemployment. It's still dreadful but it's not 50%

That’s encouraging, I’ve not checked for a while but I do know at one stage in the not too distant past, it was above 50%. What a nice way to treat your young folks.

But apparently it’s Britain which is the basket case though.

There's a big difference between thinking the desire is there and the desire actually being there.

I don’t think it’s controversial to say that there’s a bubbling undercurrent of euroscepticism in a few EU member states. From what I gather it isn’t a majority anywhere but it still exists.

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t think it’s controversial to say that there’s a bubbling undercurrent of euroscepticism in a few EU member states. From what I gather it isn’t a majority anywhere but it still exists.

I don’t think anyone’s denying Euroscepticism exists; it would be unhealthy if it didn’t. But the poster didn’t claim that it existed - he claimed it was rife and indicated the EU was failing. That’s just pure Farage, who peddles this idiocy knowing morons will lap it up in their crusade against Johnny Foreigner.

Edited by Antlion

They are very tolerant, very polite and can handle a few Britnats with a bit of panache and intelligence.
Give it a go.
Why do I have a mental image of someone wearing a cravat and a zipped cardigan with suede patches at the shoulder, sipping Earl Grey tea below a portrait of Her Maj ?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

55 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Give it a go.

It's really easy to not make false claims.

I don’t think anyone’s denying Euroscepticism exists; it would be unhealthy if it didn’t. But the poster didn’t claim that it existed - he claimed it was rife and indicated the EU was failing. That’s just pure Farage, who peddles this idiocy knowing morons will lap it up in their crusade against Johnny Foreigner.

That’s fair. I think there was a case that it was a substantial and seething minority a few years ago and I think there was definitely a belief among some Brexiteers that they were the new dambusters but we’ve jumped ship and nobody’s followed! I’m mixing my metaphors again.

36 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Why do I have a mental image of someone wearing a cravat and a zipped cardigan with suede patches at the shoulder, sipping Earl Grey tea below a portrait of Her Maj ?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Probably closer to this. Ironically, those who worship all things UK most blindly tend to be those whom the UK establishment is absolutely mortified by. Can you imagine what would be going through Boris Johnson’s tiny mind if ever confronted by one of these proudly British Scotch loyalists? The balding b*****d would probably wash his hands in bleach (whilst whistling the entirety of Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg).

9343E79B-637D-4686-B9EA-7899CC4E4AEA.jpeg

3 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

It’s delusional because Scotland has been told that there is a long winded process and it’s not remotely a given that membership will be granted.

The fact that the electorate of many member states are eager for exit referendums would tend to indicate that it’s failing. That along with propping up basket case member states and being unaccountable would make it a club not worth joining. There are obviously many other reasons.

Well, obviously, but is there a meaningful amount of support in any other member state for leaving the EU?

It's a matter of fact that no, there's not, and what's more, support for the EU rose in almost every member state immediately after the UK voted to leave. Many of those who say in polls that they want to leave the EU are just registering disapproval of some things the EU is doing. When faced with the actual prospect of leaving, they step back.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2019/10/14/the-european-union/ 

FWIW I think one of the reasons why the UK stands out is our incredibly Eurosceptic/ pish media. They are obsessed with the most minor characters in American politics, but how much coverage have you seen of the person who will probably replace Merkel as Europe's most powerful person, or when that will happen?

2 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

But what’s presented to the contrary is factual though. Don’t be so puerile. 
There is plenty anti EU sentiment beyond these isles, only the delusional think otherwise. 

After the UK, the next highest proportion in any country who say their countries membership of the EU has been a bad thing in 20%.

2 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Of course the UK isn't a basket case, but it does have a lower GDP PPP per capita than Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. This has been the case for a while now. You have to travel quite far to find someone with a weaker economy than ours. Why do you think that is?