When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't think you're reading my posts.

I've said a few times now that the main concern would be England squeezing us long-term.

There is absolutely no doubt they will attempt to do this. You'd need to have zero knowledge of history or politics to think that.

After the last indy ref Scotland became a bit of a laughing stock in the world for shiteing it, met people from other countries that left the UK and they couldnt fathom why we didnt. 

I was in Ghana at the time and to a man anyone who spoke to me about independence thought we were mental for trying to leave the UK.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

This. There is zero doubt that a Yes vote would return the biggest perty this nation has ever seen. The streets would be filled with people celebrating and crying with joy, cars peeping their horns, people hanging out their windowsills. Even soft no voters would be very quickly swept up in the euphoria as a nation rejoices, it would be utterly irresistible. A stark contrast to the No vote of 2014 which resulted in a terrible, gloomy atmosphere and small groups of vile Scottish gammons taking to the streets to cause trouble.

Aye, what would happen is ten years after independence there would be virtually no unionists left, it would be a niche belief held by soley crackpots.  

2 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

I don't think you're reading my posts.

I've said a few times now that the main concern would be England squeezing us long-term.

There is absolutely no doubt they will attempt to do this. You'd need to have zero knowledge of history or politics to think that.

That's the reality all countries big and small live with. Brazil is massive yet has been being 'squeezed' by the USA for half a century.  Brazil is still an independent country.  

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

That's the reality all countries big and small live with. Brazil is massive yet has been being 'squeezed' by the USA for half a century.  Brazil is still an independent country.  

Brazil is 4,500 miles from the USA.

You can move on to someone else now. I'm off to watch telly.

4 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

Yeah. And when the EU isn't around anymore?

When will be EU no longer be around exactly?

Who knows if England will even be around then, at least in current form? Independence or more significant devolution for London could be the next big issue for an rUK, places like Yorkshire may move to demanding significant autonomy too.

Guest TheJTS98
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

When will be EU no longer be around exactly?

Who knows if England will even be around then, at least in current form? Independence or more significant devolution for London could be the next big issue for an rUK, places like Yorkshire may move to demanding significant autonomy too.

I'm off to watch the telly now. But I'll bet you a fiver that Yorkshire is part of England for longer than the EU exists?

Just now, TheJTS98 said:

Brazil is 4,500 miles from the USA.

You can move on to someone else now. I'm off to watch telly.

Canada isn't. Why hasn't the US invaded Canada?  Why does Canada have a higher standard of living than the USA?  Why does Canada conduct the majority of its trade with the USA despite there being a hard border between the two?

Have you ever heard of 'democratic peace theory'?  No two democracies have ever gone to war in human history. Never, not once, anywhere in the world at any period in history.
This is why this is utter pish right from the get-go.  It doesn't even merit discussion. 

More pish from you. Its been happening from Athens vs Syracuse in 415 BC to Armenia vs Azerbaijan in 2020 AD.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

More pish from you. Its been happening from Athens vs Syracuse in 415 BC to Armenia vs Azerbaijan in 2020 AD.

You might need to take it up with the academia, as they don't agree with you.  Glad you wasted a good chunk of time desperately scrabbling for something to prove me wrong though. I must be absolute box office. 

23 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Have you ever heard of 'democratic peace theory'?  No two democracies have ever gone to war in human history. Never, not once, anywhere in the world at any period in history.

This is why this is utter pish right from the get-go.  It doesn't even merit discussion. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/timeline/factfiles/nonflash/a1138501.shtml#:~:text=Britain declared war on Finland,and Finland's alliance with Germany.&text=By March 1944%2C the Romanian,on 24 August that year.

Oh oh.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

You might need to take it up with the academia, as they don't agree with you.  Glad you wasted a good chunk of time desperately scrabbling for something to prove me wrong though. I must be absolute box office. 

It was academia who told me, back when I studied international relations. It's first year stuff. Do you subscribe to Fukuyama's End of History theory as well?

Nobody needs to scrabble to prove you wrong, you drag your arse across this forum making a tit of yourself on a daily basis.

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

It was academia who told me, back when I studied international relations. It's first year stuff. Do you subscribe to Fukuyama's End of History theory as well?

Nobody needs to scrabble to prove you wrong, you drag your arse across this forum making a tit of yourself on a daily basis.

No that was laughable at the time. 

If that's the case you have summarily failed, so well done. 

5 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Give me the confidence of a poster on a football forum who desperately scrabbles around to prove a widely accepted theory taught to students of IR all over the world wrong five minutes after first hearing about it.

What the f**k?  GB declared war on Finland.  That's a fact.  The "no two democracies" thing is bullshit.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

What the f**k?  GB declared war on Finland.  That's a fact.  The "no two democracies" thing is bullshit.

Give me the confidence of a poster on a football forum who desperately scrabbles around to prove a widely accepted theory taught to students of IR all over the world wrong five minutes after first hearing about it.

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

So is this satire or are you saying the UK didn't declare war on Finland when it allied with Nazi Germany?