Jump to content
Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

705 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

SNP confirmed quite a lot of their candidates for May 2021 today. Got to say looking at the list in and around the west of Scotland in particular its not very inspiring? 

It’s not particularly inspiring in the rest of Scotland either. Given how bad the opposition are, I don’t think they’ll have anything to worry about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Nuclear powered vacuum cleaners will probably be a reality in 10 years"

Alex Lewyt, CEO of Lewyt Vacuums, 1955

"We didn't like their sound and guitar music is on the way out"

Decca rejecting The Beatles, 1962

"Almost all of the many predictions now being made about 1996 hinge on the internet's exponential growth. But I predict the internet will go supernova in 1996 and catastrophically collapse"

Robert Metcalfe, developer of Ethernet.

"It's no for a generation"

Alistair Jack, unknown pipsqueak, 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Farmer Jack, (A.K.A. Pontius Pilate), Governor of the Scottish Territories, and who was elected by a massive majority by the Scottish People to represent them at The English Colonial Headquarters, has decreed by proclamation that there will be no Scottish Second Referendum for the next 25 years.

This was overwhelmingly welcomed by all of the Scottish people.

Farmer Jacks head Flunkey and Chief Hole Reamer Fluffy said that any scurrilous attempt to distort the proclamation will be dealt with severly. 

The very fact that this has raised only a few comments on here, and has virtually disappeared from online editions of Scottish newspapers, shows that nobody really takes this proclamation seriously. 

They've tried this nonsense before, and support for independence continues to increase. If the uber-Yoons are hanging their coat on a 'yoiu cannae dae this' order, they're going to be sadly disappointed.

Everyone knows that a 2nd referendum is coming, and the Scottish populace will rubber stamp it in May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

SNP confirmed quite a lot of their candidates for May 2021 today. Got to say looking at the list in and around the west of Scotland in particular its not very inspiring? 

The ship is mightier than the crew.

Voting will mostly be for the Party and not so much for the candidate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2020 at 08:25, Stellaboz said:

Aye so it is. Just like staying in the EU by voting no. 

We did stay in the EU though... then decided to leave. Politics is fluid etc..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The very fact that this has raised only a few comments on here, and has virtually disappeared from online editions of Scottish newspapers, shows that nobody really takes this proclamation seriously. 

They've tried this nonsense before, and support for independence continues to increase. If the uber-Yoons are hanging their coat on a 'yoiu cannae dae this' order, they're going to be sadly disappointed.

Everyone knows that a 2nd referendum is coming, and the Scottish populace will rubber stamp it in May. 

Or it shows the apathy sinking in as people forget about the silly notion of Independence, this thread is called when will it happen. Perhaps time to change the title after what 5 years or something? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Or it shows the apathy sinking in as people forget about the silly notion of Independence, this thread is called when will it happen. Perhaps time to change the title after what 5 years or something? 

Pish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, git-intae-thum said:

Pish

Did you vote 5 years ago for before 2020? 

This thread will very soon be like BRALT, funny at first but then as time goes by the people that frequent it get sadder and sadder, more and more unhinged, the Norman's and MT's of this world. The thread where hope dies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Did you vote 5 years ago for before 2020? 

This thread will very soon be like BRALT, funny at first but then as time goes by the people that frequent it get sadder and sadder, more and more unhinged, the Norman's and MT's of this world. The thread where hope dies. 

^^^^^

Point and laugh material

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

^^^^^

Point and laugh material

For the past 5 years? When did you vote on this poll? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jack is obviously just voicing the opinion of his fascist overlords. It kind of presses the need for a credible plan B however.

 

The plan is pretty obvious - if there is majority for independence after May's elections but a Section 30 is denied again then push for a referendum through the Referendums (Scotland) Act.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The plan is pretty obvious - if there is majority for independence after May's elections but a Section 30 is denied again then then push for a referendum through the Referendum (Scotland) Act.

 

Or start shooting people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re SNP candidates - the party, like the country at large, has an inbuilt bias towards seniority, longevity, time-servers and the like. Blazers, effectively. 

It's not always a bad thing in fairness - e.g it seems like all of the headbangers challenging incumbents lost. But it makes for generally uninspiring choices.

You can't discount the fact as well that the membership is so large now and on average probably less engaged than the activist base, that it gives anyone with any kind of profile an advantage regardless of their actual politics. Which probably explains some of the results that are quite inexplicable when you look at the actual qualities of the people involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smart move by Nic. How often is Scotland portrayed on the world stage like this?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18854615.watch-nicola-sturgeon-quoted-world-leader-nbc-news-election-report/

Quote

THE First Minister’s tweets have been read out on American news broadcaster NBC as an example of how “world leaders” are reacting to the aftermath of the US election.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Smart move by Nic. How often is Scotland portrayed on the world stage like this?

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18854615.watch-nicola-sturgeon-quoted-world-leader-nbc-news-election-report/

 

All for this as it'll have the worst people absolutely seething.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....
Stormzy red dot makes my point perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willing to be lumped in with the worst people by laughing at how tinpot that is. The National is so good.
It's the front of the paper equivalent of "Paolo Maldini claims the atmosphere at Ibrox/Parkhead is the greatest in Europe" type shite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...