When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lol, the media will smash Starmer too, they're just waiting for the right time.

He'll get crucified for being head of the CPS and not prosecuting Saville or the muslamic rayguns who abused are girls in Rotherham. A 'human rights lawyer' who wants to let nasty forrins off the hook to rob yer nana.

He'll be asked why he served in Corbyn's shadow cabinet whilst Jezza was planning the next holocaust and why he was trying to ruin are glorious brexit.

He'll also not be facing Johnson, but probably some other cretin, likely Gove, who'll be running as an insurgent against the lefty liberal establishment.

20 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Clearly, Lab would also need to win seats in Scotland, but who knows what will be in play here in 2024.

Another scenario less fantastical than this to add to my previous one: The reincarnation of Mary Queen of Scots AND Robert the Bruce.

Edited by NotThePars

Fantastical of course.....and of course post Indy we are headed for a pretty permanent SNP govt. Nobody knows what the landscape will be in 2024, though I think Starmer will still be Labour leader.....the 'no' Labour seats in Scotland by then 'if'......an Indy Ref 2 either hasn't been held, or has been held and lost, a further 4 years of SNP govt at Holyrood.....might even have a conclusion to the Salmond 'case' by then, fantastical though....(what was the last 'fantastical'..point...Brexit wouldn't be a problem for an Independent Scotland in any shape or form-you must be running out of historical figures to resurrect @NotThePars...we shall see.

Edited by Jedi

20 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/its-year-leigh-turned-tory-19437264

These folk will all be clinging on by the next election and I'd think it quite unlikely they'll be philosophical about the consequence of their choice after 4 years of getting Brexit good and hard when it comes to stepping into the ballot box once more.

The split in the north of England is all about age anyway. The tories and their press just need to get enough dummies frothing at the mouth about something (the eu, immigrants, culture wars, the jocks) to replace the ones that die for a couple more election cycles and we're done anyway. There'll be f**k all left to salvage.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

I'm confused as to why a genuine Labour supporter would ever for vote for the Tories. Is staying in a Union governed by people who despise your values more important than seeing your values put into practice? Genuine question. 

Edited by Academically Deficient

I'm confused as to why a genuine Labour supporter would ever for vote for the Tories. Is staying in a Union governed by people who despise your values more important than seeing your values put into practice? Genuine question. 
It's possible that they are liars

1 minute ago, DublinMagyar said:
3 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

It's possible that they are liars

Yes, never discount an obvious possibility.

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I dunno where this notion comes from, it's not the ANC in 94 we're looking at

Sturgeon would have a pretty entrenched power base if she had just led the country to Independence. With the 50 plus % which had just voted for it, most would presumably continue to support the SNP. The remaining 45 whatever % would still be split between 3 parties which gives the SNP an unassailable lead, as now.

I know that there is a narrative that voting would split into left/right but given that the SNP is neither, it might still be easier to support what is 'seen' as a 'centrist' group. 'New' parties coming to the fore? Can't see it....so SNP for the long haul it would be.

1 minute ago, Academically Deficient said:

Staunchness disguised as solidarity? 

Staunchness and solidarity eh?

Would make a good slogan for a left wing Rangers supporters group.

Friedrich Engels Loyal RSC. @G51

1 minute ago, DublinMagyar said:

Anyone who has ever voted Labour and then switched to Conservative or vice versa, does not understand politics and should be given a free, lifelong membership of lib dems until they pass an exam

Of of the most depressing political listens I have ever had was this time last year on the radio, when all these folk in the 'Red Wall' said 'voted Labour all my life, but switched this time cause we had to get Brexit done in' it'