When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Here's a question, trolls need not reply. 

If there was a referendum in 2022 and No won, what would your next steps be? 

Are you asking what individuals who support independence would do?

i'd imagine the resounding answer will be very similar to, for example, a Labour voter after the 2019 general election. Just get on with your life and keep voting SNP/Yes until you get what you want.

What would your next steps be in the event of a Yes vote?

I’d be fine, but for them, I would imagine it would entail another five years droning on about our English friends and neighbours. That, and going on silly marches with “Boris is a pure fanny” t shirts.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

The SNP have cracked it though because no matter how shit, difficult, or a damp squib that independence will be it's still going to be better than the shitstorm down south.

This is it in a fucking nutshell and it's utterly bizarre to me that lots and lots of people who deem themselves as clever and sensible still either don't understand it, or pretend that they don't. Yet a genuine fucking idiot like myself finds it glaringly obvious.

Sturgeon and the SNP only have to be slightly better than Johnson and the tories and the incredibly low bar they set.

Stuff like this is a prime example alongside 'but exam passes are down 5%, how can people vote for that woman, she is ruining are country'

Screenshot_20201213-233506.thumb.jpg.a1d3a45378dc2f28db8c804101d8af29.jpg

i have a feeling this was sorta covered recently somewhere in the politics bit

it kinda depends on the margins, would expect it to be extremely tight either way. a narrow Yes win would mean there's plenty to rally behind for unionists (e.g. shifting to trying to keep alignment with Westminster as much as possible post indy, maybe stuff like shifting to protecting/retaining the monarchy after that as a votewinner among the staunch), a narrow No vote would be a kick in the stones but then we'd probably just be getting dragged into one unpopular war or similar bedshitting away from a majority Yes

9 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This is it in a fucking nutshell and it's utterly bizarre to me that lots and lots of people who deem themselves as clever and sensible still either don't understand it, or pretend that they don't. Yet a genuine fucking idiot like myself finds it glaringly obvious.

Sturgeon and the SNP only have to be slightly better than Johnson and the tories and the incredibly low bar they set.

Stuff like this is a prime example alongside 'but exam passes are down 5%, how can people vote for that woman, she is ruining are country'

It's just nice to finally see a Spectator article that isn't encouraging paedophilia.

Because, as we all know, Scottish politics happens in a vacuum unaffected by the larger polity we’re tethered to.

10 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Are you asking what individuals who support independence would do?

i'd imagine the resounding answer will be very similar to, for example, a Labour voter after the 2019 general election. Just get on with your life and keep voting SNP/Yes until you get what you want.

What would your next steps be in the event of a Yes vote?

I'd get on with my life in an independent Scotland. 

In a selfish way, i would be better off with a no vote. But i would be pretty disappointed if it was another no. If people cant see that scotland are better off on their own after however many years of boris and his cronies then I don’t think it will ever happen.

The UK govt will have to do what Canada done to Quebec in their second referendum ie clearly intervene with the ballots to ensure No wins. If they decide they want to play fair about it, then Yes should win, fairly handsomely, therefore I need not worry what I would do. 

Here's a question, trolls need not reply.  If there was a referendum in 2022 and No won, what would your next steps be? 

A good step would giving the Scottish Parliament the powers they had taken away due to Brexit. 

Perhaps actually decentralise more as The Vow promised last time but failed to deliver.

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

The UK govt will have to do what Canada done to Quebec in their second referendum ie clearly intervene with the ballots to ensure No wins. If they decide they want to play fair about it, then Yes should win, fairly handsomely, therefore I need not worry what I would do. 

I don't think there's any doubt they will try to cheat

.Screenshot_20201215-111012_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Was going to wait a generation before posting on here again but got fed up so thought I'd see what was going on.

Judging by the recent posts not much has changed.

I dip in every now and then. Mainly the same moon howlers from six years ago howling the same things.
Quite entertaining reading on occasion.