Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

728 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder how the 'mandate' is framed going into next year's election and whether it's only an SNP majority or a pro-independence majority which qualifies. I wonder how each party is going to frame it. I'd imagine the SNP won't want to concede to the latter because it might lose them some votes to the Greens from leftier indy supporters but it's also far riskier with the weird system we have to bank on an SNP majority. 

The idea it has to be an SNP majority I think came from Alister Jack speaking off the cuff. It's daft though. Parliament legislates based on votes of MSPs, not parties.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

FURIOUS MELTDOWN IN CAR CRASH INTERVIEW.....

They must have linked the wrong interview tbf, but f**k me, this is some shambolic journalism. Even for that shitrag

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1346376/SNP-Nicola-Sturgeon-news-Sophy-Ridge-Sky-News-Alex-Salmond-latest-vn

Too lazy to write their own headlines these days so they leave it some no mark on twitter.

Viewers tweeted that the interview showed "what Nicola Sturgeon is really like".

One user said: "Ms Sturgeon all over the place on #Ridge. It would be refreshing if she actually answered the question."

Another remarked: "Sophy Ridge has got Sturgeon flustered about covering up for Alec Salmond's behaviour."

Others described the interview as a "car-crash" and claimed Ms Sturgeon was "all over the place".

4 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I’d be surprised if I don’t win the lottery next week and wake up tomorrow with a 10 inch banger. 

Why would you bother buying a lotto ticket if the latter happened?

Edited by Lurkst

Did that Scott Arthur guy not have a youtube channel just of clips of the SNP saying stuff like 'we should improve society somewhat' and every single one was labelled CAR CRASH - TRAIN WRECK - BIN FIRE etc.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Did that Scott Arthur guy not have a youtube channel just of clips of the SNP saying stuff like 'we should improve society somewhat' and every single one was labelled CAR CRASH - TRAIN WRECK - BIN FIRE etc.

He did this...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/politics/labour-councillor-escapes-disciplinary-action-over-humza-yousaf-tweet-237400

Edited by Sunrise

I'm blocked because I called him out on his no politics/not liking incel edgelords but allowing the SI versions to go balls out.
What did he say? 
Basically, that you're a dick.

Whether or not it ends up having any influence on another Indy ref remains to be seen, but this Salmond/Sturgeon feud will get very ugly. Salmond is just keeping his powder dry amidst Covid, but he’s not going to go away quietly. Two headstrong people heading for a very messy culmination.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

I'm blocked because I called him out on his no politics/not liking incel edgelords but allowing the SI versions to go balls out.

What did he say? 

BAMO

47 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:
1 hour ago, Stormzy said:
What did he say? 

Basically, that you're a dick.

Good point, well made. 

I'd love to share the contents of the revelatory and quite shocking content but I'm afraid to say that I cannot summon the energy to engage with any poster that I judge to have ill intent as part of their modus operandi and even less so if they are careless and indulgent enough to declare that this is indeed the case.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/121491048_2943116025789118_4098041724707134335_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=2IR6v5kvN8EAX-5Q1lX&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=452e4489d6f20ded0b5f73429ade278c&oe=5FA95E3C

Sad news that Paul Kavanagh, has had a stroke. A very funny and insightful writer on the indy front.

Indeed. Absolutely streets ahead of any other Indy blogger over the last couple of years. 

At what point does this become a positive feedback loop?

And at what point do redoubts in 'civic society' call it a day and switch teams?