Jump to content
Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

728 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Arent a section of the TA not amongst some of the biggest forelock tuggers? Love going abroad wearing kilts but essentially about as unionist as the club deck?
The ones I've met are all nationalists, and the vibe in places like the shed pre match (organised by one of the official groups) is very yes dominated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
4 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:
Arent a section of the TA not amongst some of the biggest forelock tuggers? Love going abroad wearing kilts but essentially about as unionist as the club deck?

The ones I've met are all nationalists, and the vibe in places like the shed pre match (organised by one of the official groups) is very yes dominated.

Odd, the TA I've met are proddy bigots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Odd, the TA I've met are proddy bigots.

I know that it runs contrary to the accepted P&B wisdom but sometimes people who follow the same football team as each other don't share all the same political opinions and cultural values

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Odd, the TA I've met are proddy bigots.


Not quite TA, but a Facebook page that did the round during the 2010 World Cup - “I only support two teams: Scotland and whoever England are playing” - which has a cack-load of followers for that time, changed its picture to a choob waving the Scottish and U.K. flags shortly before the first indyref, staying they were proudly supporting the union. The demograph exists...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I know that it runs contrary to the accepted P&B wisdom but sometimes people who follow the same football team as each other don't share all the same political opinions and cultural values

Yeah, but the TA i've met are all proddy bigots. Anecdote!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kejan said:

Most Scotland fans I've met (as described) have tended to be huge nationalists.

Their rugby version tended to be unionists /best of both world types. 

 

God do you know I forgot about best of both worlds. Reckon they'll try to wheel that out next time? Be hard to say with a straight face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

God do you know I forgot about best of both worlds. Reckon they'll try to wheel that out next time? Be hard to say with a straight face.

Whenever the next referendum is I think there's likely to be a lot of background "cancel devolution" chatter from BetterTogether2 so I doubt it. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried both though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Whenever the next referendum is I think there's likely to be a lot of background "cancel devolution" chatter from BetterTogether2 so I doubt it. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried both though 

I wonder how effective that'll be to put the idea of it into voters minds. Every time the SNP have highlighted very credible power grabs going back a number of years now, the UK government has just gone "lol no it isn't" and the press just move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I've always thought so, but I dunno if anyone has ever done any polling.

Wings Over Scotland did polling a while back. Dont remember the details other than the surprisingly high % of Yes voters in the Rangers end.

My impression was that there was at clear majority for Yes amongst fans of clubs, so you would assume that's the same for the National team.

My experience of Leigh Griffiths' goals v England a Hampden would suggest there weren't too many BritNats supporting Scotland in the stadium.

Edited by Academically Deficient
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Most Scotland fans I've met (as described) have tended to be huge nationalists.
Their rugby version tended to be unionists /best of both world types. 
 
Yeh, I went to Dortmund for Germany v Scotland game few weeks before 2014 referendum. It was a sea of Yes tbh, appreciate it was unlikely No voters would speak up, but it was definitely a Yes Camp. Only met a couple of chaps who said they were voting No, older in age and wearing the silly feathered hat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know where all these Yoon TA types hang about cos on the away trips I have been on, going all the way back to Euro 96, the vibe from has always been very much pro independence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't know where all these Yoon TA types hang about cos on the away trips I have been on, going all the way back to Euro 96, the vibe from has always been very much pro independence.
It's something used by folk who hate the tartan army. Of course there'll be a few no voters - but it's certainly not a general trend. The opposite is true.

But some folk absolutely love to hate the tartan army. It's something that's always baffled me. A very particular kind of self loathing, especially because the folk doing it tend to support independence themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's something used by folk who hate the tartan army. Of course there'll be a few no voters - but it's certainly not a general trend. The opposite is true.

But some folk absolutely love to hate the tartan army. It's something that's always baffled me. A very particular kind of self loathing, especially because the folk doing it tend to support independence themselves.

I dont hate the tartan army, not got a problem with the tartan army in the slightest. I find the singing doe a deer as we get pumped off a third world country a bit cringey but id rather they did that than behave like Russian or English fans abroad. Admittedly the ones ive met who are anti independence fit the older demographic, I know there’s a fair few bankies fans who are prominent TA members who are very pro indy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I've always thought so, but I dunno if anyone has ever done any polling.

Bit harsh. Some members of the Tartan Army are bound to have had their hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Whenever the next referendum is I think there's likely to be a lot of background "cancel devolution" chatter from BetterTogether2 so I doubt it. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried both though 

 

8 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I wonder how effective that'll be to put the idea of it into voters minds. Every time the SNP have highlighted very credible power grabs going back a number of years now, the UK government has just gone "lol no it isn't" and the press just move on. 

The Internal Market Bill when passed by the hol will be the beginning of the end of devolution.  

The press will ignore it, just as they have with the mp pay rise announced today of £3500.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

The Internal Market Bill when passed by the hol will be the beginning of the end of devolution.  

The press will ignore it, just as they have with the mp pay rise announced today of £3500.  

Good excuse for the annual 'MPs should be paid more' debate.

MPs in Papua New Guinea are paid ten times wot are brave boys get. It ensures only the best are selected for election, and corruption is unheard of. Discuss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Good excuse for the annual 'MPs should be paid more' debate.

MPs in Papua New Guinea are paid ten times wot are brave boys get. It ensures only the best are selected for election, and corruption is unheard of. Discuss.

Looked this up as it sounded fantastical and it is, they get about 50 grand a year. 

MPs should obviously get the national average pay rise for a public sector worker on that kind of salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image

Image

Image

Deary me.

ETA: No idea why P&B has decided to supersize the images.

Edited by Ludo*1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Image

Image

Image

Deary me.

ETA: No idea why P&B has decided to supersize the images.

“The shadow health secretary”. Some boy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...