When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Do people just throw random banned names at people or something? Stormzy isn't even remotely like McSpreader.

He might have got a bit more bitter over the years but he sounds much the same to me, and they both claim a borders connection and share a lack of knowledge about Scottish politics.

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He might have got a bit more bitter over the years but he sounds much the same to me, and they both claim a borders connection and share a lack of knowledge about Scottish politics.

Is their anything specific in my apparant lack of knowledge you'd like to point out. I can't remember discussing anything of the sort with yourself. 

You're clearly very shite at analysing language unless this other guy is somehow similar to me, let me guess, he doesn't circle jerk and he doesn't support SI? 

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

McSpreader was barely literate, as I recall.

You can at least work out what point Stormzy is making.

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

How profound. Why is mocking someones blind loyalty towards a political group and their naive assertion that the politicians truly deeply care for the country rather than funnily enough, being career politicians seen as trolling but when someone mocks something I've said it's fair game? 

Imagine actually believing all politicians are self serving sleekit people but not the ones that happen to be selling the ideology you support. I think that's a pertinent point and someone is entitled to come along and reply "wow that's tragic" all they like, I wouldn't call it trolling. I would say daily checking of ones profile to down vote could be considered trolling but oddly yet again it's not that that anyone is focussed on, it is the guy with the opposing views.. I'm sure you would rather this place was a united front as it helps to convince you the rest of the country supports SI but I'm here to be your little reality check and to burst that bubble. The circle jerk is no more as I have broken the chain, sitting their with trousers on whilst the majority of you (trousers at the ankles) look around stunned at the audacity.

tbf I think generally it's harder to aim "oh you're only in it as a career politician" at most in the SNP ; for starters there's no cushy route into a House of Lords position available as there would be for other parties, and SLab were - up until fairly recently at least - a fairly straightforward brand to win a seat with across most of Scotland. It's a pretty recent, rapid rise for the SNP since 2000.

There's the odd donkey in a yellow rosette sneaking through the cracks (Natalie McGarry and Michelle Thomson) but taking a position of Scottish independence against every single other Unionist party + the mainstream media doesn't open near as many doors as happily dancing to the UK Govt tune would.

Easy to forget that the Greens back indy too and Patrick Harvie is firmly one of the good guys.

edit: cant mind who exactly but might be being a touch harsh on one of McGarry/Thomson there

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

tbf I think generally it's harder to aim "oh you're only in it as a career politician" at most in the SNP ; for starters there's no cushy route into a House of Lords position available as there would be for other parties, and SLab were - up until fairly recently at least - a fairly straightforward brand to win a seat with across most of Scotland. It's a pretty recent, rapid rise for the SNP since 2000.

There's the odd donkey in a yellow rosette sneaking through the cracks (Natalie McGarry and Michelle Thomson) but taking a position of Scottish independence against every single other Unionist party + the mainstream media doesn't open near as many doors as happily dancing to the UK Govt tune would.

Easy to forget that the Greens back indy too and Patrick Harvie is firmly one of the good guys.

edit: cant mind who exactly but might be being a touch harsh on one of McGarry/Thomson there

That's a fair post but the career politicians is a slight side step from the conversation that you've quoted me from. The quote I was responding to is

"you cannot sit there and say that they do not have the best interests of scotland at heart."

To me, this is an incredibly naive thing to think about any politician. Perhaps less about the career element it's more about believing in the integrity of someone's argument because it chimes with yours rather than applying the same level of scrutiny to all politicians no matter what the argument is about. It's like someone supporting Brexit because "Bojo will stick up for are British people" imo. 

24 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
16 hours ago, welshbairn said:
N6KZa3iVMdUytggCFe5jWa-1024-80.jpg&key=b838cd4e2059a062cb7fe38fc8519b533746d66a9a632c77242c56df221d1383
heilheil.jpg&key=52ee0807f69383a0982cc6a6adf249e9176a616fc2924f36f249bfba28fd6f57

Mind when he was a United fan?

I am sure he claimed to be a Dundee Utd fan in the 80's.

Found an article where he describes his first ever game Celtic v Dunfermline in 1962  - "“My father took me to my first game against Dunfermline in 1962. We won but I don’t know the score. I just remember the sea of green and white. There were 70 to 80,000 Celtic fans really crammed in – it was the biggest crowd I’d ever seen,” he says, as his famous piercing blue eyes turn a tad misty. “The Irish flag flew then, as it does now over Parkhead, and I thought I was at home.”

Then had a look at the crowd for that particular game (below)  Seems that this is the first recorded use of the Seville calculator.......

26 December 1962Division One Celtic 2 – 1 Dunfermline Athletic hideGlasgow
15:00 GMT       Stadium: Celtic Park
Attendance: 17,233

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Ehhhh, I'm not so sure about that especially if you're intending to stay in Scotland. 

Found an article where he describes his first ever game Celtic v Dunfermline in 1962  - "“My father took me to my first game against Dunfermline in 1962. We won but I don’t know the score. I just remember the sea of green and white. There were 70 to 80,000 Celtic fans really crammed in – it was the biggest crowd I’d ever seen,” he says, as his famous piercing blue eyes turn a tad misty. “The Irish flag flew then, as it does now over Parkhead, and I thought I was at home.”
Then had a look at the crowd for that particular game (below)  Seems that this is the first recorded use of the Seville calculator.......

I doubt very much his Dad took him to Celtic vs Dunfermline - his Dad taught with my Mum at Harris and was an Arab.

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

McSpreader was barely literate, as I recall.

You can at least work out what point Stormzy is making.

Yeah, "ha ha, stupid nats" seems to be the main theme. I just get a bit bored of English trolls coming on here with ever changing names thinking they're being immensely witty with their never changing catch phrases. If they were genuinely putting the case for the Union I'd welcome their input, but it's just you're too wee, too poor and your politicians are whiney and ungrateful. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by welshbairn

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, "ha ha, stupid nats" seems to be the main theme. I just get a bit bored of English trolls coming on here with ever changing names thinking their being immensely witty with their never changing catch phrases. If they were genuinely putting the case for the Union I'd welcome their input, but it's just you're too wee, too poor and your politicians are whiney and ungrateful. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is the schtick Tarmo tried before he got himself way above his intellectual level and had to be expelled to save himself and us.

It is indeed so tiresome and my mind drifts back to the skyline of 2014 when even posters of cerebral certainty wouldn't engage beyond generic pro union "I'm happy enough with what I have thank you very much".

Thing is what we had as part of the union of countries is no more and it is incumbent upon any serious contributor to pitch up with their justifications. Anything less isn't worth engaging with.

The Irish flag flew and I thought I was at home.
He really fucking hates Scotland, such a c**t

I doubt very much his Dad took him to Celtic vs Dunfermline - his Dad taught with my Mum at Harris and was an Arab.

I played football with his younger brother in the mid 70's. As far as I remember, the whole family were DAB's