When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rishi Sunak helped to crash the economy in 2008 with a domino effect of over a decade of austerity, the rise of the far right and Brexit, and a huge rise in support for Scottish independence.

Glen Minter: this man is a political genius.

11 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Not set in stone so much as just making the task exponentially harder. I’m not saying it’s going to be as egregious as California voting to destroy worker’s rights because of insane funds going into propaganda efforts but loads of people are going to switch off after independence day and a lot of things will get put in place that will just be tolerated because they’re already in place and well it’s not as bad as it is down south.

11 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

such a cynic, I foresee the opposite, an explosion of political interest as happened after the Parliament opened.

I'll go with the cynicism. An explosion of political interest is  good, and to be welcomed.  An acceptance of 'at least it's not as bad as down south' is a pretty low bar to set. 

Where did one say he was a political genius? 

We could always get the SNP poster boy, Derek McKay to look after the purse strings. Oh wait, he’s too busy trying to groom boys. 

Why do no voters always make it about the SNP? If you don’t like them then just vote them out once we are independent

13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I think it’s valid to want independence because of people like Boris Johnson. I don’t want to be part of a country where 40+% of the voting electorate think he’s suitable to be Prime Minister.

I more meant that not liking the prime minister of the day isn't a great reason to vote for long term constitutional change, and probably makes you quite fickle. It concerns me that if you're polling yes because of Boris now, you might be morel likely to melt and vote no in reality once the Project Fear campaign gets back into full swing.

Albeit I take your point.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I more meant that not liking the prime minister of the day isn't a great reason to vote for long term constitutional change, and probably makes you quite fickle. It concerns me that if you're polling yes because of Boris now, you might be morel likely to melt and vote no in reality once the Project Fear campaign gets back into full swing.

I think most peoples minds are  made up about the Tories, whoever the Prime Minister of the day is. 

Aye I understand that and I think a few people have echoed similar thoughts to yours. People definitely believe we need a referendum while Boris is at the helm and not someone superficially more charming.

Of course, voting No, and ignoring the fact that the SNP could be removed by the people of Scotland from the govt of an Indy Scotland is precisely the same logic as digging out Yessers for bemoaning being repeatedly governed by a party that has been rejected countless times in Scotland, yet rules us anyway.

Thick fucker.