When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, HTG said:

I've not really given it much thought in the context of when Indyref2 will take place. 

I daresay if it were a thread in its own right where politics, gender identity and cock sucking rules were all up for a serious discussion I'd be all over it like a rash.  Or maybe not. 

Agreed.....I think it has no place on this thread. The last page or two have been howlers.

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

Are people seriously taking issue with or ridiculing the right of a victim of sexual assault to be allowed to choose the gender of the person examining them????

Not me for sure, that's what the Government is aiming to do with the legislation. Can't find the full text, maybe because its not finished yet.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/forensic-medical-services-victims-sexual-offences-scotland-bill-revised-data-protection-impact-assessment/pages/2/

https://www.gov.scot/publications/analysis-responses-equally-safe-consultation-legislation-improve-forensic-medical-services-victims-rape-sexual-assault/pages/4/

Edited by welshbairn

Spent most of the day arguing on twitter yesterday with unionists. They spent the whole talking over the GERS figures and trying to say how scotland costs the uk so much money and how we have such a great deal. I simply asked them why the UK is so desperate to keep us if we were costing us so much money. They cant seem to answer this.

42 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

In a way it's funny that Labour have been completely unable to capitalise on the one thing that might dent the SNP in constituencies with big populations under 40 and seem to be hell bent on making the same mistake.

How very  Scotch Labour.

tenor-32.gif.29d9cfd35802448b2ef0eb933af4c3ba.gif

Spent most of the day arguing on twitter yesterday with unionists. They spent the whole talking over the GERS figures and trying to say how scotland costs the uk so much money and how we have such a great deal. I simply asked them why the UK is so desperate to keep us if we were costing us so much money. They cant seem to answer this.

I have given up arguing with people like that as they will not be won over. I had one reply that it’s because we are all part of the ‘British family’.
They were also stating that Scotland was too poor to do it alone. When I listed other countries that were smaller and were independent including some Baltic states, the reply I got was ‘they all have their own central banks’ As if there is something that will prevent Scotland from setting one up when we become independent again.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I think you will be disappointed if you think the anti-trans successes on the NEC are going to make this go away as a wedge issue.

It's only a wedge issue for those to choose to make it so.

Heres the thing. It doesn't matter if they are pro  or anti or whatever. As long as they have independence as their priority that's what most members of the SNP care about. 

We are talking about a tiny amount of divisive individuals on both sides of this whole GRA argument who have decided to make this issue more important than independence. It's no. 

1 minute ago, git-intae-thum said:

It's only a wedge issue for those to choose to make it so.

Heres the thing. It doesn't matter if they are pro  or anti or whatever. As long as they have independence as their priority that's what most members of the SNP care about. 

We are talking about a tiny amount of divisive individuals on both sides of this whole GRA argument who have decided to make this issue more important than independence. It's no

For some people it is, obviously. There's a lot of people in this country, including independence supporters, who are keen for the government to do things within their power prior to independence, and the GRA is a part of that as is free school meals etc. The debate may be pretty toxic at times but again if you think it's derailing independence you should take that up with those who are making it a wedge issue and undermining the stability and swell of support the current SNP leadership have overseen. 

I'm not sure you can put them so neatly into two separate boxes. If you're not able to sell a more tolerant society as the thing to be gained by independence then can you blame people, particularly the young for whom this is such a non-issue, for asking what's the point?

Cause the SNP have correctly surmised that these people are hostages after the last general election

Eta: and a lot of morons are doing the work of the right by acting like you can postpone these conflicts til after independence and think you’ll have any chance of accomplishing anything progressive when the psychos are sitting inside the castle laughing at you

I wonder if there will be a kick in the balls for the SNP at local elections as a result? Are we seeing people holding their nose and voting for them at WM and HR because of the alternative? A dangerous position to adopt imo, pissing off your voters for no obvious electoral advantage because they don't have anywhere else to go.
I dunno about the other point. I can't fathom there being an opportunity to set in stone anything that can't just be undone later.

Not set in stone so much as just making the task exponentially harder. I’m not saying it’s going to be as egregious as California voting to destroy worker’s rights because of insane funds going into propaganda efforts but loads of people are going to switch off after independence day and a lot of things will get put in place that will just be tolerated because they’re already in place and well it’s not as bad as it is down south.

9 hours ago, Aufc said:

They are eager to keep us for our resources, especially water, I would imagine. That, and not wanting to get embroiled in a messy divorce off the back of the EU messy divorce. Whilst acknowledging this, I still don’t think it’s a good enough reason to go it alone. The lack of political talent in Scotland is breathtaking and I genuinely believe that they are not capable of running a country.

They are eager to keep us for our resources, especially water, I would imagine. That, and not wanting to get embroiled in a messy divorce off the back of the EU messy divorce. Whilst acknowledging this, I still don’t think it’s a good enough reason to go it alone. The lack of political talent in Scotland is breathtaking and I genuinely believe that they are not capable of running a country.

The Tory cabinet is full of political talent right enough.

37 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

"They"

It's this type of empty headed natterism that proves you separatists are worse than Hitler for hating the basturt English!

Wait a minute....................

15 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I didn’t suggest for one minute that it had. That said, Sunak has more talent in his little finger than the entire SNP has.

ha. it is amazing how someone who has yet not displayed breathtaking incompetence in that Government is held up as an example of a political giant.