When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 06/12/2020 at 11:21, Stormzy said:

I'd rather go with the figures from a process used to answer the question rather than speculation from the internet... 

You're so pathetic, I didnt try and take high ground I just pointed out it was strange you were playing whataboutery with racism, that's very unhelpful if you're sincere in wanting to tackle racism. You're actually seething right now bringing Rangers into this, I don't want you to make it to the heads gone section mate calm down. 

What figures are you using? Please enlighten us?

On 15/12/2019 at 18:57, The_Kincardine said:

You will have to try and explain the difference to me.  I can't distinguish between that pair of xenophobes.

On 15/12/2019 at 19:30, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Boris: I will stop EU citizens treating Britain like it's their own home.

Nicola: To EU citizens, Scotland is your home and you are welcome here.

Me, an idiot: These two things seem different.

You, an absolute fucking genius: No, they are exactly the same.

kind of gutted, remembered this hilarity and was going to nominate it for a post of the year/telt of the year  in the general nonsense 2020 thread, but sadly it narrowly misses the cutoff.

oh well, guess ill just have to bump it in here then.

image.png.5372dc7c291080ba7c2e701f2bcc4e44.png

I was reading something on twitter about the argument around the scottish % population against the scottish deficit. It was saying Scotland raises 2.5% less revenue but receives 12.4% more in spending which is why the scottish deficit as a % of the UK deficit is so high. Is that true?

5 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

steamer - "nationalists hate the English"

me - " I don't hate anyone. I would just like to see Scotland wholly governed in Edinburgh (or preferably Glasgow) by directly elected and accountable people who live here and have the best interests of Scotland at heart"

steamer - "you hate the English. all nationalists hate the English"

me - "but I don't hate any nationality or anyone"

steamer - "then let a Parliament elected with a majority vote from the English people continue to make key decisions in Scotland such as nuclear weapons, welfare, EU membership/exit,  foreign policy, defence, Covid furlough schemes etc"

me - "that hasn't worked out very well for Scotland and doesn't seem very fair"

steamer  -"bigot. Xenophobe"

etc etc

of course the irrational steaming counter to this is 'yeah that's what you pretend are the reasons but underneath it all you're a nationalist and therefore it is really about a hatred of something". As someone mentioned elsewhere, this is what the truly bigoted and xenophobic always argue because they are basing it on their feelings and own experiences. Self determination and a more just outward looking society is completely alien to someone who perhaps hates catholics, is proud of British nationalism and all it stands for (currently and previously), or perhaps identifies with core UK Conservative party values. 

Edited by KingRocketman II
apologies for quoting self. what an ego....

I mean have you ever heard such disgusting views in your life?  She should be hounded off social media, fired from her job and prosecuted under the new hate crime laws.  I know there's no evidence whatsoever of her ever acting or talking in a transphobic way ever at all in her entire life, but I know what she's really thinking and she's a disgusting bigot who needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. 

Am I doing it right?   That literally is word for word what was said about Joanna Cherry a couple of pages ago btw.

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I mean have you ever heard such disgusting views in your life?  She should be hounded off social media, fired from her job and prosecuted under the new hate crime laws.  I know there's no evidence whatsoever of her ever acting or talking in a transphobic way ever at all in her entire life, but I know what she's really thinking and she's a disgusting bigot who needs to be wiped off the face of the earth. 

Am I doing it right?   That literally is word for word what was said about Joanna Cherry a couple of pages ago btw.

Not sure if I've getting this right, but is she worried that beardy men in dresses will pose as medical examiners to inspect rape victims?

Just now, welshbairn said:

Not sure if I've getting this right, but is she worried that beardy men in dresses will pose as medical examiners to inspect rape victims?

She works in that field and is telling you that that is actually happening and is opposed by women who don't want it.

Imagine being a woman, raped by a guy with a cock, feeling suicidal, now have to submit to the most embarrassing, humiliating, invasive examination of anyone's life right after it to have any chance of getting justice. Now they're being told if they object to that examination being carried out by someone with a cock they're a bigot.  That's where we are.

15 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

She works in that field and is telling you that that is actually happening and is opposed by women who don't want it.

Imagine being a woman, raped by a guy with a cock, feeling suicidal, now have to submit to the most embarrassing, humiliating, invasive examination of anyone's life right after it to have any chance of getting justice. Now they're being told if they object to that examination being carried out by someone with a cock they're a bigot.  That's where we are.

I think the problem she has knowledge of is female rape victims being examined by male doctors, not trans ones. But she thinks it could be such a widespread danger that female examiners should have their genitals inspected before proceeding. This is unfounded hysteria intended to portray trans people as dangerous predators, when they're a tiny minority generally going about their business like everyone else, rather than an existential threat to womankind. 

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I think the problem she has knowledge of is female rape victims being examined by male doctors, not trans ones. But she thinks it could be such a widespread danger that female examiners should have their genitals inspected before proceeding. This is unfounded hysteria intended to portray trans people as dangerous predators, when they're a tiny minority generally going about their business like everyone else, rather than an existential threat to womankind. 

No its not, its about women being afforded dignity and privacy at their most vulnerable moments.  This is what they say they want in order to have that.  Its not about trans people being predators.

Btw do you like sucking cock?  Cause if you don't you're a bigot.  Expressing gential preference is transphobic now, so if you like dating women, that includes transwomen, or you're a bigot.  Do you have a genital preference?  Cause I do, and I don't think it makes me bigoted. 

4 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

No its not, its about women being afforded dignity and privacy at their most vulnerable moments.  This is what they say they want in order to have that.  Its not about trans people being predators.

Btw do you like sucking cock?  Cause if you don't you're a bigot.  Expressing gential preference is transphobic now, so if you like dating women, that includes transwomen, or you're a bigot.  Do you have a genital preference?  Cause I do, and I don't think it makes me bigoted. 

Have you actually met a trans person? How many do you think are out there? Your second paragraph is deranged, and straight from reddit teenagers pretending to be trans lesbians to wind up the libtards.

Edited by welshbairn

You're denying their existence as transwomen if you wouldn't date a transwoman because she has a dick. Therefore you're a bigot who should be deplatformed and fired from your job.  That's where we are.  

Now I don't think I've ever met a trans person and couldn't give the slightest f**k what other people do with their lives.  People can live any way they choose to and everyone's rights should be protected.  But this is not about equal rights, this is an issue that has been hijacked by a bunch of nutcases.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Have you actually met a trans person? How many do you think are out there? Your second paragraph is deranged, and straight from reddit teenagers pretending to be trans lesbians to wind up the libtards.

No its quoted word for word from what they are saying and what they want to be put into legislation.  And they have the ear of the Scottish government.  I'm literally quoting these people, it is deranged I completely agree, that's the point.  So you're a transphobe now then, same as me.  How does it feel?

10 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Now I don't think I've ever met a trans person and couldn't give the slightest f**k what other people do with their lives.  People can live any way they choose to and everyone's rights should be protected.

But you think they're such a widespread danger that female doctors should have their genitals inspected in case they're trans?