Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

694 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You can't say that is the case at all. You may suspect it to be but that's not proven.

Yes I can, yes it is. No suspicion needed, just the facts:

image.png.a3017d9f6fe7f5e9e654c2217062e983.png

image.png.3f4ccd2cc324a76387abdb425596257b.png

8 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I've answered your questions yet you seem to be very reluctant to tell me why I should be more optimistic over an Independent Scotland than I am being contended now, shouldn't be that hard to tell me some of the positives. 

I'm not at all reluctant to expound on the subject.

• Scotland is a country and countries should be governed by the people who live there.
  • I think independence gets us PR and northwestern European social democracy within my lifetime.

5 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:
13 minutes ago, Stormzy said:
You can't say that is the case at all. You may suspect it to be but that's not proven. 
I've answered your questions yet you seem to be very reluctant to tell me why I should be more optimistic over an Independent Scotland than I am being contended now, shouldn't be that hard to tell me some of the positives. 

You also can't know for certain that the majority are satisfied just now. The polls suggest they aren't. Do you want to test the polls democratically?

So you think we should have referendums based on polls? 

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

So you think we should have referendums based on polls? 

on elections.

If a party puts in a commitment to hold a referendum and wins a majority then it do be that simple

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Yes I can, yes it is. No suspicion needed, just the facts:

image.png.a3017d9f6fe7f5e9e654c2217062e983.png

image.png.3f4ccd2cc324a76387abdb425596257b.png

I'm not at all reluctant to expound on the subject.

• Scotland is a country and countries should be governed by the people who live there.
  • I think independence gets us PR and northwestern European social democracy within my lifetime.

Polls again... jesus. They aren't the best indicator, the 2014 referendum was more accurate. 

Your first point is absolute birthday caird pish and your second is your personal politics, you've not really sold the idea to me or anyone else. I'm not surprised people arent convinced to change the status quo over those two reasons provided. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Polls again... jesus. They aren't the best indicator, the 2014 referendum was more accurate. 

Your first point is absolute birthday caird pish and your second is your personal politics, you've not really sold the idea to me or anyone else. I'm not surprised people arent convinced to change the status quo over those two reasons provided. 

If I wanted the spectre of independence to go away, I would simply win elections on that prospectus.

Just now, NotThePars said:

If a party puts in a commitment to hold a referendum and wins a majority then it do be that simple

Which is theoretical at this point. If the SNP fail to win a majority would you concede it's then not something Scottish people support. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Which is theoretical at this point. If the SNP fail to win a majority would you concede it's then not something Scottish people support. 

why do they need a majority?

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Depends on if the Greens put in the same commitment and takes them over the line

Just now, MixuFruit said:

why do they need a majority?

Because he said if they win a majority..... 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Because he said if they win a majority..... 

who cares what NTP says (sorry brother)?

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Depends on if the Greens put in the same commitment and takes them over the line

Lets just say that they dont get supported by the Greens on this basis, would that be enough for you to be persuaded that your countrymen think differently to you? 

Sure. If there's no parliamentary majority for another referendum then there won't be another referendum.

39 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Nobody gives a single f**k about whether an uber Yoon is optimistic or pessimistic about Scotland as an independent country. You'll be unhappy when it happens but you'll get on with it just the same.  And this isn't about if it happens - it is definitely going to happen. 

Over and above the Brexit vote which has given the Independence movement momentum the westminster tories have now handed us another gem with this latest ploy of theirs by passing a Brexit bill which breaks International Law and also represents a power grab on devolved governments within the uk framework.

Total tory knobs, playing into our hands.

5 minutes ago, HTG said:

Nobody gives a single f**k about whether an uber Yoon is optimistic or pessimistic about Scotland as an independent country. You'll be unhappy when it happens but you'll get on with it just the same.  And this isn't about if it happens - it is definitely going to happen. 

An uber Yoon... you typed all of that with a straight face? 

Almost impressive levels of arrogance/stupidity on display here. 

What is your objective here? To turn yessers into no? Or something else? 

53 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Lets just say that they dont get supported by the Greens on this basis, would that be enough for you to be persuaded that your countrymen think differently to you? 

I don't think a good chunk of independence supporters think the same as me lol but aye I guess. By that wager tho you would have to accept that an SNP/SNP-Green majority would be evidence that a majority wanted a referendum which going by all the polling seems very likely.

15 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

What is your objective here? To turn yessers into no? Or something else? 

Answer my question previously if you expect an answer. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

The majority are content though. As proven in 2014. You're not making any points here, please reign in the waffle in future posts. 

One day a unionist will come in here with an actual conversation.