When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

They have always hated foreigners.  They had to wait until the right set of circumstances presented itself.

That was a self serving and profiteering xenophobe (Farage) frightening a gutless PM (Cameron) into thinking his political party and personal reputation was at stake and panicked into calling a referendum that was hijacked and manipulated and led to the basest fears and prejudices being exposed and exploited.

I'll accept that. 

But, now that they've got what they wanted, where do they go now?

The Gincardine you mean?
Some real undertones of anger in The_Alcoholic's posting these days. Absolutely delicious stuff. Keep it coming [emoji23]
I have to say my heart sinks when i see posts like this. It's a horrible way to communicate on a politics forum (or any forum).

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

Do you hate Indians as much as you hate blacks, Jewish folk, Muslims, and continental Europeans? 

You seem pretty woke here, where was this energy when you down voted me pointing out Bawwatchings post was antisemitic? 

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Kincy seems to have turned into a complete parody.

From someone who could post a reasonably argued defence of the Union to this crumbling wreck of poster.

The idea of anyone putting forward a defence of the union seems to be long dead. Pro union posters now seem to be comprised entirely of The Kincardine’s abusive rants and links to alt-right racists, and cancerous trolls on their umpteenth sock accounts.

Just now, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

I'll accept that. 

But, now that they've got what they wanted, where do they go now?

That’s a good question.  There’s a lot of parallels between what is happening n the USA and England at the moment, very polarised politics that could take years to resolve itself.  The situation in Scotland is, thankfully, different and I hope we can extricate ourselves before too long.

The sad thing is that in both countries the finger of blame is being pointed in the wrong direction and support is/has been given to those responsible for the problems.

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Kincy seems to have turned into a complete parody.

From someone who could post a reasonably argued defence of the Union to this crumbling wreck of poster.

It's quite sad really.

That's essentially unionism in microcosm.

So is anyone going to admit to voting before 2020?

Considering we are on page 1234... (how mildly satisfying to type btw)

I want receipts, fess up... 

Edited by Stormzy

I have to say my heart sinks when i see posts like this. It's a horrible way to communicate on a politics forum (or any forum).
Your heart sinks? [emoji23] I'm genuinely unsure whether your melodramatic pish, or your tragic belief that Kincardine has any interest in actual debate is sadder here. Jesus.

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

So is anyone going to admit to voting before 2020?

Considering we are on page 1234... (how mildly satisfying to type btw)

I want receipts, fess up... 

Why don't you use the "See who voted for this" option?

Are all Yoons a little bit simple?

I voted "before 2025", btw. You voted "after 2030". We both know it's inevitable, it's just a matter of when.

No, [mention=43879]pandarilla[/mention] is not a Tory.  He’s just a guy who thinks that everything can be resolved by writing a strongly worded letter to someone.

I don't think everything can be resolved. I just think it's better to have a genuine conversation than to do anything else. What are the superior alternatives?

We can all jump on the bandwagon and call someone an alcoholic - but it's tedious (and also not a topic that should be used to ridicule someone).

I massively disagree with Kincardine on pretty much every political issue i can think of, but on a variety of other topics I've found him to be a very decent poster over the years.

I generally try (although it's not always easy) to treat communication on here as I'd treat it in real life.

34 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, pandarilla said:
If anyone has a clip of the wee speech from trainspotting 2 it would be apt right now. It's the bit about rangers fans being from a lost time, desperately trying to cling on to something that doesn't exist anymore. The world has moved on and they're trapped, and increasingly frustrated.

The Gincardine you mean?

33 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Some real undertones of anger in The_Alcoholic's posting these days. Absolutely delicious stuff. Keep it coming emoji23.png

Same shit from you braindead tragic duo.. 

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

Why don't you use the "See who voted for this" option?

Are all Yoons a little bit simple?

I voted "before 2025", btw. You voted "after 2030". We both know it's inevitable, it's just a matter of when.

What's a Yoon? 

It's certainly not inevitable... I wanted to see if anyone was vocal enough to admit they were wrong rather than call them out so to speak. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

What's a Yoon? 

It's certainly not inevitable... I wanted to see if anyone was vocal enough to admit they were wrong rather than call them out so to speak. 

Why did you vote "after 2030" then, Yoon? You specifically voted for an option that presupposes it's going to happen. 

Feel free to red dot me again for pointing out that you appear to be a little bit simple.

Yup.  Unionists won because of auld fuckers, Rangers fans and Orangemen.  Oh and lies from Tories and the MSM.  That's the mantra and sad to see you following it.
The true truth is that almost 500 years of partnership with England and 300 years of being the same nation state has meant that we're almost indistinguishable from each other and there is almost nothing distinct about Scotland.
So to redraw a line between the Tweed and the Solway is to set us back almost half a millenium - which is pretty tragic.
Scotland currently finds itself in a crumbling house with a demented flatmate. The manifestations of dementia are often anger, aggression and indiscriminate lashing out; the sort of thing that has become increasingly evident in England as right-wing nationalism tightens it's grip on a troubled and troubling society. If you consider that to be 'indistinguishable' from the Scotland of 2020 then fine, but don't be surprised when the Section Order is served on the Union.

13 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't think everything can be resolved. I just think it's better to have a genuine conversation than to do anything else. What are the superior alternatives?

We can all jump on the bandwagon and call someone an alcoholic - but it's tedious (and also not a topic that should be used to ridicule someone).

I massively disagree with Kincardine on pretty much every political issue i can think of, but on a variety of other topics I've found him to be a very decent poster over the years.

I generally try (although it's not always easy) to treat communication on here as I'd treat it in real life.

So your a wimp in real life too?  I respect that, though I disagree with it.