When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well this is nonsense since it was Scotland's desire to be like the big boys and have their own empire that led to the Act of Union.  We showed our slaving and pillaging desire long before there was a political Britain to speak of.  Indeed, since Barbados has been in the news, it was our most famous Fifer, Charles II, who gifted the island to his fellow Scot, James Hay, in 1627 to use as his personal possession.
Still you have to deny shit like this since one of the pillars of Natterism is Scottish Exceptionalism - the wrong-headed notion that Scotland is ideologically superior to England.  What our country's history shows us is that this is utterly moronic.  We're no different to England morally or culturally.  We've seen this only in the past couple of days.  Here, for example, is a prominent Natter politician reveling in the deaths of old folk as it strengthens (or is claimed to) the Natter cause:
angus.thumb.jpg.86d53a1b94e4d6bf8d846318012f7811.jpg
We also saw yet another vile Natter posting this chilling image on social media:
Of course this idea will not be new to those of us who take a passing interest in the Politics subforum since we had our own Scottish Republican Army thread after December's GE - thankfully dealt with swiftly by the mods.
So, in the context of IndyRef2, the idea that we're different to England both historically and currently is complete bollocks.  We're exactly the same.
Your club died m9. Lol!

39 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Clearly North Britons......

Indeed.

It does amuse me to see the cosplaying grievance junkies trying to build a case for partitioning our nation state along ethno-nationalist lines whilst in complete denial of Scotland's history.

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.

I does amuse me to see the cosplaying grievance junkies trying to build a case for partitioning our nation state along ethno-nationalist lines whilst in complete denial of Scotland's history.

Yer club's brown bread. LOLZ

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Indeed.
I does amuse me to see the cosplaying grievance junkies trying to build a case for partitioning our nation state along ethno-nationalist lines whilst in complete denial of Scotland's history.

What fucking business is any of this of yours like?

It's been a while since I used the phrase, "hysterical Falkirk borrower' but glad you've chipped in.  I see nothing has changed.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

it's usually just "ur club died m9" or "lol you don't live here, nothing to do with you, kthxbye" short and sweet patter so it being trolling doesn't sound right either.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:
Indeed.

What fucking business is any of this of yours like?

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Yer club's brown bread. LOLZ

image.png.0d28b2fe247bdc6ff8642be1b14ebce5.png

23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.

It does amuse me to see the cosplaying grievance junkies trying to build a case for partitioning our nation state along ethno-nationalist lines whilst in complete denial of Scotland's history.

As I said. They were North Britons. 

The point being that they may have been from Scotland but Scots they certainly were not. Still quite few like this in Scotland. Thankfully an ever dwindling minority.

7 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

As I said. They were North Britons. 

The point being that they may have been from Scotland but Scots they certainly were not. Still quite few like this in Scotland. Thankfully an ever dwindling minority.

Does that apply to The Bard who accepted his job as a slave master in Jamaica from a fellow Scot who owned said plantation?  Is Burns also a North Briton?

Maybe Fiona Hyslop better reflects the authentic voice of iJock in her bumbling ignorance:

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Does that apply to The Bard who accepted his job as a slave master in Jamaica from a fellow Scot who owned said plantation?  Is Burns also a North Briton?

Maybe Fiona Hyslop better reflects the authentic voice of iJock in her bumbling ignorance:

You and your buck-toothed friend seem to have an awful lot of grievance about what politicians from winning parties in Scotland say. Does that come from your team dying?

I mean if he's not violating forum rules or the like then fine, go nuts I guess, but almost all of Kincardine's contributions to the politics section seem a bit pointless to me.  
I'm not really sure I understand what he gets out of posting here so frequently. It's blatantly not to change any minds with a conciliatory tone, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone go bonkers at anything he's posted, it's usually just "ur club died m9" or "lol you don't live here, nothing to do with you, kthxbye" short and sweet patter so it being trolling doesn't sound right either.
Only possible thing I can think of is that it's to convince/reassure himself as he feels the heat of the neverending dumpster fire at Westminster. If that's the case, fill your boots I s'pose; the polling and SNP electoral results are encouraging as someone that wants to see an independent Scotland, long may it continue.
Your first sentence was more than adequate.

Kincy increasingly adds the square root of f**k all to these threads.

This is a theme you return to regularly and puncturing the sanctimonious posturing of people who choose to view Scotland’s history purely in colonised as opposed to colonising terms has merit in it’s own right especially when black lives matter is very much the zeitgeist.

But aside from that it’s difficult to see how to finesse having some of the same historical blood on our collective hands into an argument for continuing the union in the 21st century

Although it’s precisely the kind of logic that makes sense in a gangster movie

20 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I had a look at the Head Scone thread

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

First Scone?

19 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Kincy increasingly adds the square root of f**k all to these threads.

Apart from the ability to read.  Clearly not your strong suit...

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

This is a theme you return to regularly and while puncturing the sanctimonious posturing of people who choose to view Scotland’s history purely in colonised as opposed to colonising terms has merit in it’s own right especially when black lives matter is very much the zeitgeist.

But aside from that it’s difficult to see how to finesse having some of the same historical blood on our collective hands into an argument for continuing the union in the 21st century

Although it’s precisely the kind of logic that makes sense in a gangster movie

There are two foundation stones upon which independence is built.  The first is an irrational loathing of The Basturt English and the second is the notion of Scottish exceptionalism.

The first is odious and the second is ignorant.