When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm now genuinely convinced he's at it and merely here to entertain the YES majority. Nobody is that lacking in self awareness. Are they?

Nah - looks like he snapped when he realised that to keep championing the UK and UK nationalism meant throwing in his lot with alt-right, anti-Scottish, xenophobic, Europhobic, discount-Tommy-Robinson racists (but at least they’re English, which is what matters). His traditional twee self-loathing appears to have tipped into full-on “I hate everyone and everything wot ain’t English, innit” madness in a bid to ingratiate himself with people who don’t even read the forum (or know he exists). Beautiful to see. What was once a minor case of Scottish cringe from a “we’re shite aren’t we?” old duffer turned into angry Little Englander gammon steak before you could say “oven ready”.

I don't disagree with Kincy's assertion that Scots shaped the Union after 1707 but it just betrays a typically conservative nationalist view of history where individual Scots achieving success means the average dick in the tenement should feel some sort of pride in that. Kincy repeatedly referring to them as "we Scots/ Jocks/ Scotch" is more blood and soil than the average Yes voter.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm now genuinely convinced he's at it and merely here to entertain the YES majority. Nobody is that lacking in self awareness. Are they?

He's on a revenge tip, same as other posters (Supras springs to mind) who've been laughed at in the past, and decided to spam the forum with spite guaranteed to provoke replies and make them the topic of discussion. The constant repetition of moronic catchphrases is meant to mirror the deeply scarring period when his every post was met with "your club died m9", and is a reaction to the great pain suffered during that time.

Like Supras, he'd have been binned by now if he didn't restrict his desperate attention-seeking shite to a small subsection of the site that nobody really cares about. But if everyone could stop quoting it, that'd be grand. A simple "your club died m9" is the only response required.

I'm actually quite enjoying his recent contributions.

You'll notice he rarely posts on any other political issue apart from this one. He's fully aware that the UK is a shambolic, racist bin fire but is doggedly digging his heels in, determined that we should be dragged along with it.

As the UK drifts further rightward, it'll be even funnier to see him try and defend the indefensible or indeed  ignore it all together.

He'd make a great Daily Mail/Telegraph columnist.

12 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Something else came up off the back of some unrelated chat on here recently where I considered integrating 'Transnistria' into my patter and I have to say I'm pleased I swerved it in the end.

The Transnistrian parliament is the only one in Europe which still has a statue of Lenin outside.

Fully on board with following in their footsteps if we can stick this outside Holyrood, or even better up Arthur's Seat to tower over the city.

unnamed-2.jpg.94c5be3775dfbc3e3d68eabedd33e2fd.jpg

Mind a guy I worked with when the Commonwealth Games was on and seeing all the flags and how "we" owned them at one point, beaming about how wee Blighty ran the world yet he doesn't have a pot to piss in or 'own' anything in the 21st century, but he does have his Ranjurs, Ulster (fur noo like) and his 17 teeth.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I'm actually quite enjoying his recent contributions.

You'll notice he rarely posts on any other political issue apart from this one. He's fully aware that the UK is a shambolic, racist bin fire but is doggedly digging his heels in, determined that we should be dragged along with it.

As the UK drifts further rightward, it'll be even funnier to see him try and defend the indefensible or indeed  ignore it all together.

He'd make a great Daily Mail/Telegraph columnist.

Or at least as bad as the rest of them.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I don't disagree with Kincy's assertion that Scots shaped the Union after 1707 but it just betrays a typically conservative nationalist view of history where individual Scots achieving success means the average dick in the tenement should feel some sort of pride in that. Kincy repeatedly referring to them as "we Scots/ Jocks/ Scotch" is more blood and soil than the average Yes voter.

Careful. You’re destabilising his entire worldview. He needs something other than just alcohol to drown out those intrusive feelings of inadequacy and failure that just won’t stop bleeding from the walls of his tenement.

On 19/09/2020 at 17:43, The_Kincardine said:

The second of your posts I've responded to this evening.  You're blessed.

That the UK-supporting parts of Scotland should have support to either continue in the union or to have their own independent future is absolutely right.  I mentioned this a week or two back.

A trick he's missed, though, is that Scottish businesses who don't want to be cut off from the Union should be given support in various ways to move their companies away from the Caledonian Transnistria.

iJock is a nasty, divisive concept and the government of the UK should do all in its powers to limit its impact.

After all the strife that Britain has created in other nations throughout history, why would you even  consider that partitioning Scotland is an option? It would lead to nothing good. Probably even violence. It's like you can't stand the fact that Scotland will be successful without little Englanders like yourself dragging us down.

By the way, aren't you the idiot who had a confederate flag as your avatar? You know what that flag means, right? Of course you do but you used it anyway.

Edited by Anonapersona

9 hours ago, Anonapersona said:

By the way, aren't you the idiot who had a confederate flag as your avatar? You know what that flag means, right? Of course you do but you used it anyway.

What that flag meant was vast wealth for Scottish shipbuilders - with hundreds of vessels being built on the Clyde to a. ship arms to Scotland's big Confederate pals by running Union blockades and b. return raw cotton and tobacco to be processed in the West of Scotland.

Scotland, of course, loved slavery to a much greater extent than England and the cities of Dundee and Glasgow were built on the back of it with Scottish banking houses in Edinburgh and London growing fat through financing it.  Even our bard accepted a job as a slavemaster in Jamaica!

So when a sanctimonious poster like you greets about flags and, "all the strife that Britain has created in other nations" I can look at the Confederate flag and remind myself that it was, disproportionately, we Scots who are guilty.

image.gif

1 hour ago, DublinMagyar said:

I feel guilty for many things. I don't go promoting the the things I feel guilty about

It's a useful aide-mémoire.  

I had a look at the Head Scone thread and the usual Jimmy-bunneted tartan gonks are screaming hysterically about how evil the Tories are.  Forgetting, of course, that the idea of the ruthless exploitation and industrialisation of human capital for person gain - and turning that in to global profiteering -  was made perfect by we Scots.  Not only made perfect, but codified too.

So if you want to step back from a group of people with, historically, blood on their hands, the last thing you'd do is support ScotNatterism.  Then again, if you could do joined-up thinking you'd not be a Natter in the first place.

What that flag meant was vast wealth for Scottish shipbuilders - with hundreds of vessels being built on the Clyde to a. ship arms to Scotland's big Confederate pals by running Union blockades and b. return raw cotton and tobacco to be processed in the West of Scotland.
Scotland, of course, loved slavery to a much greater extent than England and the cities of Dundee and Glasgow were built on the back of it with Scottish banking houses in Edinburgh and London growing fat through financing it.  Even our bard accepted a job as a slavemaster in Jamaica!
So when a sanctimonious poster like you greets about flags and, "all the strife that Britain has created in other nations" I can look at the Confederate flag and remind myself that it was, disproportionately, we Scots who are guilty.
image.gif.8b80844ab1694a4f151a46138bae1281.gif
I had a look at the Head Scone thread and the usual Jimmy-bunneted tartan gonks are screaming hysterically about how evil the Tories are.  Forgetting, of course, that the idea of the ruthless exploitation and industrialisation of human capital for person gain - and turning that in to global profiteering -  was made perfect by we Scots.  Not only made perfect, but codified too.
So if you want to step back from a group of people with, historically, blood on their hands, the last thing you'd do is support ScotNatterism.  Then again, if you could do joined-up thinking you'd not be a Natter in the first place.
Your club died m9

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Whines about bigotry, posts muck like this.