When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

You have to remember that the best analogy for politics is pro-wrestling and this is like the face bringing up the heel's trash talk from 5 weeks earlier.

Thinking on it that's a valid comparison, yeah.

Ewan McGregor's face turn was great. I think Billy Connolly has teased one but he hasn't fully committed to it yet.

edit: Salmond probably the most high profile heel turn I can think of along with Wings and his descent into madness.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 18/09/2020 at 11:37, Gordon EF said:

https://thecritic.co.uk/the-need-for-a-uk-secession-clarity-act/

Beautiful tear-stained rant in this rag I've never heard of before. I particularly like this idea that when Scotland votes Yes, the parts that vote No should stay a part of the United Kingdom.

The second of your posts I've responded to this evening.  You're blessed.

That the UK-supporting parts of Scotland should have support to either continue in the union or to have their own independent future is absolutely right.  I mentioned this a week or two back.

A trick he's missed, though, is that Scottish businesses who don't want to be cut off from the Union should be given support in various ways to move their companies away from the Caledonian Transnistria.

iJock is a nasty, divisive concept and the government of the UK should do all in its powers to limit its impact.

44 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Something else came up off the back of some unrelated chat on here recently where I considered integrating 'Transnistria' into my patter and I have to say I'm pleased I swerved it in the end.

39 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Declaring my street a sovereign republic after voting differently in the last council elections.

You Leith outliers will have a big problem when the New Town makes Passport to Pimlico a reality.

56 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That the UK-supporting parts of Scotland should have support to either continue in the union or to have their own independent future is absolutely right.  I mentioned this a week or two back.

A trick he's missed, though, is that Scottish businesses who don't want to be cut off from the Union should be given support in various ways to move their companies away from the Caledonian Transnistria.

iJock is a nasty, divisive concept and the government of the UK should do all in its powers to limit its impact.

Normal English folk finding their arses kissed by the self-hating Scottish weirdo who staggers round the pub insisting on starting a whip round ahead of the queen’s official birthday each year.

3723AA77-1012-40A3-B57C-3DE771DFBB1B.jpeg

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye...like the pro EU areas of the UK got to continue in the.........oh wait...

Seriously this latest Yoonatic ploy to promote the partition of Scotland is not just craven and cringeworthy from the so called "proud Scots"........it's downright evil given the the very real recent troubled history caused by the same tactic in Ireland. 

On behalf of the decent majority. Just no. That's all.

4 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Seriously this latest Yoonatic ploy to promote the partition of Scotland is not just craven and cringeworthy from the so called "proud Scots"........it's downright evil given the the very real recent troubled history caused by the same tactic in Ireland. 

On behalf of the decent majority. Just no. That's all.

The 'decent majority' gave their opinion six years ago.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The 'decent majority' gave their opinion six years ago.

Very good.....and they will do so again in the not too distant future. With or without Westminster approval.

And this time, as is consistently shown in polling, the majority will vote for Scotland (all of it) to become an independent state.

You might even get your EU citizenship back through your Scottish passport👍

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I do like the 'without Westminster approval' thought.  How do you see that working?

Being a cultured student of these nations  histories, I am sure you are aware there is a very real legal case for a Scottish claim of right and the sovereignty of the Scottish people. As such, a resounding democratic mandate would be impossible for any lawful government to ignore.

Mind you we are going to have to deal with the current Westminster mob who are self confessed law breakers right enough.

20 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Being a cultured student of (1) these nations  histories, I am sure you are aware there is a very real legal case for a Scottish claim of right and (2) the sovereignty of the Scottish people.

1. I'd use an apostrophe.
2. We donated our sovereignty to wur big English pals in both a magnificent and prescient gesture in 1603.  Said act propelled Scotland from a medieval backwater on to the world stage.  We then formally made our unbreakable bond in 1707.

Really, the history of Scotland for (almost)  half a millennium has been the story of the Scottish tail wagging the English dog so I haven't a fucking clue what you're on about.

Edited by The_Kincardine

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Really, the history of Scotland for (almost)  half a millennium has been indistinguishable from that of England so I haven't a fucking clue what you're on about.

No it hasn’t. Case in point: you’re still recognisably an embarrassing drunken joke quite distinct from the people you work for in the motherland.

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

To be fair, I don’t think this particular John Bull cliché has ever pretended to be anything other than deeply ashamed of his Scottishness - at least since his bosses stopped seeing it as a colourful joke and started seeing it as just as disgustingly foreign as the Irish or French.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Much like cirrhosis, this is happening and you should probably start to deal with it.

Edited by Gordon EF