When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

This is going to become quite entertaining if independence continues to look more inevitable over time. Who will blink in an effort to maintain a political career in an independent Scotland?

Will we ever see a day when the Tank Commander claims that, well, I was never against Scotland being self-governing per se, just that it didn't seem that it was something the majority of Scots wanted, but times have changed and...?

It's already happening. Unionist journo Kenny Farquarson saying if indy hits 60% in the polls  then he would have to rethink his position on the Constitution. Now saying he's always been an ambivalent Unionist - could have fooled  me on that one Kenny

Absolutely love that unionist twitter's big line of attack seems to be "you don't get a say unless you live in Scotland".
Mmm-hmm, now let's follow that one through to it's obvious conclusion...

Scottish pro-independence person not in Scotland = Keep your mouth shut.

Scottish anti-independence person not living in Scotland = give them a vote!!!

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

It's an interesting point in general, particularly for Labour politicians. The career progression 20 years ago was cooncillor-MSP-MP-Lord/Lady. As the sozzled appearance of George Foulkes shows, that end point isn't really available to many of them anymore. So they're starting to spin off in different directions. The right in English Labour have decided wrecking on behalf of industries hostile to social democracy was the way to go under Corbyn, so they're all working for private water companies, debt collector trade bodies and so on. Up here it seems a few get (thoroughly undeserved on academic grounds) jobs with universities. That's where Dugdale, Alexander have gone. Various others have flitted in and out of ways to get at the public purse - e.g. Boyack, McLeish. I think it'll be interesting to see where some of the SNP retirees/otherwise leaving parliament end up. Some of their spads have ended up in powerful positions in the private sector - Geoff Aberdein for example works in finance now. This is probably significant as a tell about why these companies hire these people and what it means about their disposition to independence. I was watching an interview with a bond fund manager at Baillie Gifford who said 100% of their analysis was on long term trends and 0% was on short term swings in the economy. If these powerful sectors in Scotland are hiring and paying handsomely for the insights of SNP aligned figures then I think that self interest - more than any principle rattling around in unionist politicians heads - is what will be the thing that shifts these people over.

This isn't a defence of the way the world works, but it is the way the world works.

Got it in one.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm a registered voter still for UK elections. Any indication if I'd get a vote for Indy, or are those details not yet known?

Did you not need to have been resident here for two years to be eligible to vote last time out? Anything else is speculation.

I'd guess you're fucked, however.

23 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/ewan-mcgregor-scottish-independence-bill-maher-brexit-indyref2-b433661.html%3famp

Ewan McGregor has said “it’s time” for Scottish Independence after he voted No in 2014. What a boy. The unionists are, as you can imagine, utterly seething about this - with most of the social media comments being “he doesn’t even live here, he lives in LA!!1!1!1” emoji38.png

I'm sure it was ok for all these twats to vote the way they did though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9FggJE1HjY

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

What 'Indy'?  This is simply a speculative thread on a football website.

A man dressed in full Union Jack clothing, happily entertaining passersby  and giving a cheesy pose for a photograph. - My Scholarship entry - A  'place' I have visited - United Kingdom - WorldNomads.com                                                                                                                                                                         

Kinky looking all over deepest Buckinghamshire for the voting booth to cast his vote in Indy 2