When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, git-intae-thum said:

6 years of inactivity with regards to independence.

apart from a significant increase in those who state that they support and would vote for independence. thats the one and only clear measurement indicator to confirm that the current strategy is correct and effective. 

Just now, KingRocketman II said:

apart from a significant increase in those who state that they support and would vote for independence. thats the one and only clear measurement indicator to confirm that the current strategy is correct and effective. 

That is great. It means nothing though when Boris says no. 

I hope there is an alternative plan and I am wrong. 2021 will be an interesting year.

5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

What is pathetic is throwing about petty insults in an attempt to shut down debate.

Oh here we go. Shutting down debate? Lol.

6 years of inactivity? They've also had 6 years of running governance in Scotland from Holyrood, you think they've not been working on the main goal in any way, shape or form?

Do you think that ignoring every other issue in the country and banging the Indy drum would have helped the cause? I don't, if the SNP were to have run things utterly woefully then the polls would be nowhere even near 50/50 never mind showing a positive swing in yes' favour. 

3 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

That is great. It means nothing though when Boris says no. 

I hope there is an alternative plan and I am wrong. 2021 will be an interesting year.

Do you think Boris is going to magically say yes if someone else is FM? Jesus Christ. 

As you no progress in 6 years, that's arrant nonsense. We're now consistently seeing polls favouring a Yes vote, that's down to several years of fairly solid, if unspectacular government. This in itself is vital to a Yes vote. Folk aren't going to vote for a something largely proposed by a party which is making a complete mess of everything. 

What precisely do you think the SNP should have been doing in recent years that you can definitively show that they haven't been working on?

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Oh here we go. Shutting down debate? Lol.

6 years of inactivity? They've also had 6 years of running governance in Scotland from Holyrood, you think they've not been working on the main goal in any way, shape or form?

Do you think that ignoring every other issue in the country and banging the Indy drum would have helped the cause? I don't, if the SNP were to have run things utterly woefully then the polls would be nowhere even near 50/50 never mind showing a positive swing in yes' favour. 

The polls look great.......but will they still do so when there is finally a referendum? 

My point is we have hardly moved since the 2014 white paper. We will need good luck selling that message against the full force of a hostile media.

2 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

The polls look great.......but will they still do so when there is finally a referendum? 

My point is we have hardly moved since the 2014 white paper. We will need good luck selling that message against the full force of a hostile media.

What do you propose then? 

6 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Do you think Boris is going to magically say yes if someone else is FM? Jesus Christ. 

As you no progress in 6 years, that's arrant nonsense. We're now consistently seeing polls favouring a Yes vote, that's down to several years of fairly solid, if unspectacular government. This in itself is vital to a Yes vote. Folk aren't going to vote for a something largely proposed by a party which is making a complete mess of everything. 

What precisely do you think the SNP should have been doing in recent years that you can definitively show that they haven't been working on?

Aye, this is why BritNats have spent so much of their energy trying desperately to condemn literally everything the SNP have done (and fulminating that the stupid public don’t seem to accept their interpretation). They’ve decided to frame independence as being all about the SNP not doing their “day job” (yet curiously object to dependence being all about the Tories and their lack of competence) and so it’s essential that the SNP perform at least competently as a government.

8 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

When a swaying soft no asks what currency there pension is going to be paid in, I would have thought after 6 years we would have a better answer than 2014's standard retort "it's our pound too"

When they ask how we plug the 13 billion black hole in public finance....what do we say? Well researched people know this deficit figure to be rubbish, but trying to sell "Luxembourg theory" economics and explaining multiplier effects on the doorstep ain't gonna cut it. Where are the fully researched, easy to find Scotgov publications that can dispute this figure. They don't exist. After 6 years!!!

These are the type of questions that need answering if we are to win.

These are the difficult questions that have been dodged.

2 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

When a swaying soft no asks what currency there pension is going to be paid in, I would have thought after 6 years we would have a better answer than 2014's standard retort "it's our pound too"

When they ask how we plug the 13 billion black hole in public finance....what do we say? Well researched people know this deficit figure to be rubbish, but trying to sell "Luxembourg theory" economics and explaining multiplier effects on the doorstep ain't gonna cut it. Where are the fully researched, easy to find Scotgov publications that can dispute this figure. They don't exist. After 6 years!!!

These are the type of questions that need answering if we are to win.

These are the difficult questions that have been dodged.

The Growth commission, like it or loathe it, exists. The SNP conference held a vote on it. So you are looking at holding the pound through a transition period until a central Bank can be put in operation.

Fairly straight forward I'd say, in terms of policy rather than execution.

Not like that question has been dodged.

Just now, MixuFruit said:

I was reading a thing about the Leave campaign vs the Independence campaign which was quite illuminating - Leave studied why Independence lost and decided to deliberately avoid talking about what the UK would look like after leaving the EU so as not to get bogged down in opponents attacking specific details. I suppose that's an explanation for why the SNP haven't been very definite.

Anyway as folk have said, agitating to replace the most popular politician in the Scotland, let alone the whole party, is not serious talk.

Yeah, one issue in 2014 was that independence looked too much like a party manifesto.

Six years is a lifetime if you spend your life greeting about a referendum result but it's a minimal amount of time for a significant chunk of the population to change their minds. The '45%' types really, really wanting something was never going to make it happen five minutes after losing a referendum - the clue is in the name. Continuing to win elections and gradually building support for Independence isn't doing nothing. If the Yes Da's had been running the SNP since 2014, the entire movement would be stone dead.

10 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I can't think of anyone within the SNP better qualified than Sturgeon to lead us to independence.

Oh so correct, presently she is the most able and skillful politician within teh UK, as the Blurt finds to her cost on every FMQ's.

The tories are well aware of her capabilities and thats why the tory print media fill their headlines with anti Sturgeon venom.

Imagine her in a face to face debate with Boris, she'd wipe  her arse with the clown.

We are told repeatedly by westminster fools, the print media and posters on here that Scotland is a financial waste pit which costs the UK government far too much.

If that is the case then why don't the fuckers lets us go???????  

Surely that would be the answer financially for them to cut us loose.

Edited by SandyCromarty

I can see the rationale behind building up a significant and consistent poll lead in advance of pushing civil unrest or parliamentary obstruction to force another referendum.

Nobody wants to say it but that’s the next step if Boris ignores the “irrefutable mandate” of a thumping SNP/ pro-indy majority particularly if a legal route to a referendum is unsuccessful or ignored.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I was reading a thing about the Leave campaign vs the Independence campaign which was quite illuminating - Leave studied why Independence lost and decided to deliberately avoid talking about what the UK would look like after leaving the EU so as not to get bogged down in opponents attacking specific details. I suppose that's an explanation for why the SNP haven't been very definite.

Anyway as folk have said, agitating to replace the most popular politician in the Scotland, let alone the whole party, is not serious talk.

The SNP did the same, thought if they didn't talk specifics about currency, EU, pensions etc they could get away with vague "nothing to worry about, move along please" lines. The difference between Remain and Better Together was more more significant in my mind, BT were actively promoting the so called benefits of the Union and put an emotional spin on it, Remain's campaign barely said anything positive about the EU and based their campaign solely on fear, forgetting that BT had a positive track as well as project fear.