When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, git-intae-thum said:

Hope so. But this is last chance saloon time for the current SNP leadership I fear.

I agree, but the current leadership will never have a better chance than they have right now. My only worry is that the Tories might be out on their ears in a VONC  within the next 2 to 3 years and a Keir Starmer led Labour Govt, might appear to some to be an acceptable alternative.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I agree, but the current leadership will never have a better chance than they have right now. My only worry is that the Tories might be out on their ears in a VONC  within the next 2 to 3 years and a Keir Starmer led Labour Govt, might appear to some to be an acceptable alternative.

A VONC any time soon is only going to lead to an even more reactionary RW government at Westminster. Until England sorts all this Brexit rubbish out, Labour are unelectable for a decade at least.

But that is an irrelevance.

The issue for us is how we get to that next step. If Sturgeon et al gain a majority in 2021, and them fail to lead us to independence.........then it's time for a new Indy party.

12 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Doubt it with an 80 seat majority, most that will happen is a reshuffling of the cabinet and a new Tory leader/PM.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

A VONC any time soon is only going to lead to an even more reactionary RW government at Westminster. Until England sorts all this Brexit rubbish out, Labour are unelectable for a decade at least.

But that is an irrelevance.

The issue for us is how we get to that next step. If Sturgeon et al gain a majority in 2021, and them fail to lead us to independence.........then it's time for a new Indy party.

I can't think of anyone within the SNP better qualified than Sturgeon to lead us to independence.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Doubt it with an 80 seat majority, most that will happen is a reshuffling of the cabinet and a new Tory leader/PM.

I doubt very much if a new Tory PM and new cabinet would change the mood prevailing just now in Scotland.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Tories have no reason as it stands to grant an independence referendum and a thumping majority does little to change that without significant pressure being exerted from the parliament and civil society.

To put it simply....the current leadership are weak. Very very weak.

It ain't gonna stand.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

If there is a thumping majority come next May, it's hard to see how the govt can refuse Indyref2.

Interesting article here from the NS.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2020/09/boris-johnson-s-independence-problem-england-not-scotland

Very good.

But what happens when Boris says no?

4 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Civil unrest, martial law?

I honestly don't know but it sure as hell will be very interesting! 

That's worrying. 

But it should not need to be that way.

Mibbes instead of involving itself in wokey  new labour type crap for the last 6 years the SNP should have been working on legal avenues to independence.......and a financial case to put to the Scottish populace........

That's no been done. That's down tae: Sturgeon.

Like I said. Last chance saloon time.

58 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Mibbes instead of involving itself in wokey  new labour type crap for the last 6 years the SNP should have been working on legal avenues to independence

So right after the referendum, during and in the aftermath of the Brexit campaign, the SNP should have been wanking into the wind looking for a legal avenue for the next indyref. Got it.

6 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

That's worrying. 

But it should not need to be that way.

Mibbes instead of involving itself in wokey  new labour type crap for the last 6 years the SNP should have been working on legal avenues to independence.......and a financial case to put to the Scottish populace........

That's no been done. That's down tae: Sturgeon.

Like I said. Last chance saloon time.

That's just "Yes Da" nonsense.

Concentrating on a new IndyRef campaign right after the last one would have been political suicide. I'm also unsure what you mean by "wokey new labour type crap". 

Sturgeon is, by a country mile, the best leadership option within the SNP. No one else even comes close. Cherry is a divisive gobshite, Humza is alright but a bit bland and Kate Forbes needs another couple of years at least in the type of post she's in now. 

The very fact that the polls are now steadily showing some daylight between Yes/No proves that NS's strategy so far is a sound one. 

I find the hatred towards Sturgeon from the Yes Da’s absolutely bizarre.

She’s the most popular politician in the UK. That is absolutely remarkable given she’s dedicated her life to breaking up the UK. Her Scottish approval rating is +50 (Johnson is -50). That’s obviously inflated a little bit at the moment with a bit of a pandemic boost but nonetheless they’re almost unprecedented numbers.

What exactly do the Yes Da’s want? Joanna Cherry to piss everyone off, become a joke figure, shout daily about independence and sink the idea for a decade?

42 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

That's just "Yes Da" nonsense.

Concentrating on a new IndyRef campaign right after the last one would have been political suicide. I'm also unsure what you mean by "wokey new labour type crap". 

Sturgeon is, by a country mile, the best leadership option within the SNP. No one else even comes close. Cherry is a divisive gobshite, Humza is alright but a bit bland and Kate Forbes needs another couple of years at least in the type of post she's in now. 

The very fact that the polls are now steadily showing some daylight between Yes/No proves that NS's strategy so far is a sound one. 

I agree (and have said so many times) with the wait and give the union enough rope strategy. However the truth is that with regards to independence.....and planning and policy...... we have hardly progressed since the white paper. That is ridiculous after 6 years

It is not "yer da" nonsense. It is the truth. 

9 minutes ago, Paco said:

I find the hatred towards Sturgeon from the Yes Da’s absolutely bizarre.

She’s the most popular politician in the UK. That is absolutely remarkable given she’s dedicated her life to breaking up the UK. Her Scottish approval rating is +50 (Johnson is -50). That’s obviously inflated a little bit at the moment with a bit of a pandemic boost but nonetheless they’re almost unprecedented numbers.

What exactly do the Yes Da’s want? Joanna Cherry to piss everyone off, become a joke figure, shout daily about independence and sink the idea for a decade?

6 years of inactivity with regards to independence.