When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Bit of a sideways move anyway?

Yes, but you tend not to come out of those two posts as shiny and clean as when you went in. I've always though Humza is potential future leadership material, and I don't think it would help to have him seen as tarnished simply because he had a spell in charge of a department that is perpetually in a state of crisis/controversy.

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

You wouldn't want providing functioning public services to get in the way of the political stuff!

Health and Education are inherently dysfunctional regardless who is in charge. There's no point in throwing one of your potentially better prospects under the bus when somebody with a a bit less of a profile will get the exact same mediocre results, have the exact same shite flung at them by all comers, and not have the resultant baggage potentially skew perceptions before they reach what should be the peak of their careers. It's a job for the steady but unspectacular hands, or folk on the downside of their career.

12 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

You're a polis though - people in the area affected always hate the minister, it's the same as hating the CEO of your company which plenty people do. I have worked in numerous arms of the public sector and people always hate the relevant minister because everyone's an armchair cab sec when it comes to their job. 

Its nothing to do with where I do or dont work, his performance is poor. 

Angus Robertson is surely a possibility as the Health Secretary? Assuming Freeman stays until the election, of course.

There was probably a plan to have him in a ‘better’ role but putting someone competent into health might let Sturgeon get a day off now and then.

32 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

You're a polis though - people in the area affected always hate the minister, it's the same as hating the CEO of your company which plenty people do. I have worked in numerous arms of the public sector and people always hate the relevant minister because everyone's an armchair cab sec when it comes to their job. 

I used to work in educational publishing and folk were always giving it the 'God, that Michael Gove eh?'. I mean, the guy is a smiley wee shite but they used to talk like he was their arse hole boss. Found it quite annoying.

Edited by Gordon EF

3 hours ago, tirso said:

What about non sanctioned political activity in a country like Belarus ?  Or an independence campaign banned by Westminster ?

I'm not saying it's a killer blow but I can see some issues.

Or if you're a legal asylum seeker and not permitted to work or claim. Or even an illegal one. There should be a way of surviving when you can't get a bank account, or the authorities don't like you for whatever reason, or you just don't like banks and the whole system. No cash means total control.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I used to work in educational publishing and folk were always giving it the 'God, that Michael Gove eh?'. I mean, the guy is a smiley wee shite but they used to talk like he was their arse hole boss. Found it quite annoying.

He is demonstrably insane and stupid though and tried to mould the curriculum to reflect both those traits. One of the most insidious members of a party filled with insidious dickheads.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

He is demonstrably insane and stupid though and tried to mould the curriculum to reflect both those traits. One of the most insidious members of a party filled with insidious dickheads.

Yeah, but you just got the same chat no matter who the Education Secretary was.

10 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I'd say Kenny McAskill, just for pissing off the US over Megrahi.

Yes that is very immature of me but the compassion shown for a man dying was, for me anyway, a positive move.

"Let's get rid of corroboration, the supreme court are a bunch of wankers" MacAskill?

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Someone is going to have to replace Mike Russell as minister for being ignored by Westminster Brexiteers

Unless we're kidding ourselves that Brexit will actually be done and dusted by next May

Stephen Gethins is yer man there surely?...

Those pesky civic nationalists at it again.  Apparently it's fine to use a racial slur against unionists and to want them expelled from Scotland.:

housejocks.JPG.c1d16b7be912cf925015dc6edbb84a5e.JPG

At least Eliza has the whole currency issue covered.  If only Andrew Neil had interviewed her that would have saved so much time:

currency.JPG.98c0c65e686ce839a03c9da235b8b074.JPG

In other news, it's GERS Week - pronounced with a soft 'g' of course.

I expect to see lots of 'stop trying to do Scotland down' type comments as the Naterati squirm about how much they are beholden to we taxpayer from London and The SE.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Those pesky civic nationalists at it again.  Apparently it's fine to use a racial slur against unionists and to want them expelled from Scotland.:

housejocks.JPG.c1d16b7be912cf925015dc6edbb84a5e.JPG

The first tweet you quote is from a unionist wanting "YES traitors" to be "expelled from Scotland", you drunken old sot.