Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

635 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 14/02/2020 at 23:50, Grahame said:

Both because I don't believe my country should be oppressed.    

You wanting Scotland to remain in the UK for Team:Rangers reasons is moronic but it's at least a reason.    

Surely even you can't think the current situation whereby Scotland entered into the Act of Union but is forbidden to leave is just and correct.   

The current PM is an absolute disgrace.  

Oppressed - will you just get her. Pitiful.

On 15/02/2020 at 19:11, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

It's a very leafy area in Aberdeen. Very affluent. 

Bit stabby, though?

12 hours ago, Grahame said:

Absolutely no idea what you're typing.  

It's ridiculous to suggest that Scotland is oppressed by being part of the UK.

Oppression doesn't just mean jackbooted soldiers throwing babies in the sea, though I can appreciate why some would prefer people to think of it in these terms.

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Bit stabby, though?

Only been one stabbing in the 10 years I've lived here as far as I know.

A bit off topic - but it does relate to Indy - those c*nts RBS, you know the bank with 'Scotland' in the name, who the taxpayer had to give a load of money to bail out for being useless, greedy shitehawks? Changing their name AND threatening to take their ball cos apparently they hate their home nation so much. IMG_20200217_084032.thumb.jpg.4ce0b0f87ddb3e586dd0edd50be8e8d7.jpg

The press will of course refer to them as NatWest now when covering stories related to independence as that's their official name right?

1 hour ago, Utter Roaster said:

A bit off topic - but it does relate to Indy - those c*nts RBS, you know the bank with 'Scotland' in the name, who the taxpayer had to give a load of money to bail out for being useless, greedy shitehawks? Changing their name AND threatening to take their ball cos apparently they hate their home nation so much. IMG_20200217_084032.thumb.jpg.4ce0b0f87ddb3e586dd0edd50be8e8d7.jpg

That headline's one of the best incentives for Independence I've seen in a while.

https://theferret.scot/north-sea-oil-250-billion-tax-break/

£250bn: the cost of giving tax breaks to North Sea oil firms

The UK government has lost over £250 billion in 13 years by giving generous tax breaks to North Sea oil companies, according to an expert report.

I like it. 19.2 billion per year is a better number than 12.6 billion.

22 hours ago, Grahame said:

"Oppression is an unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority"

The Scottish Parliament's full membership - of all colours - voted by a clear majority are for indyref yet the governmental authority in London has exercised it's powers to unjustly block the legalities of the vote.    

Perhaps you might be able to provide a different interpretation of the word "oppressed", or perish the thought  the dictionary was right and you were pitifully wrong?   

PS  Perthshire> SouthLanarkshire  

You have a persecution complex. If you were Syrian, Uighur or a Rohinga Muslim you might get a hearing, but Scottish?

Grow up ya  dick. Pathetic drama queen.

You have a persecution complex. If you were Syrian, Uighur or a Rohinga Muslim you might get a hearing, but Scottish?

Grow up ya  dick. Pathetic drama queen.

Nothing disputing the actual content of what Grahame said plus an odd implication Scottish independence is only valid if British soldiers are shooting at us.

14 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Nothing disputing the actual content of what Grahame said plus an odd implication Scottish independence is only valid if British soldiers are shooting at us.

Well the Government have my authority. 

Oppressed - really pathetic and trivialises real persecution and oppression

1 minute ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

It's not our fault you follow Clyde.

It's a word without an agreed upon definition that has interpretations ranging from Hutus and Tutsis to preventing MPs from voting on matters of UK law that will affect Scotland.

The important thing is the substance of the issue, not what someone would call it.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

It's a word without an agreed upon definition that has interpretations ranging from Hutus and Tutsis to preventing MPs from voting on matters of UK law that will affect Scotland.

The important thing is the substance of the issue, not what someone would call it.

Clearly it has more substance for you than it ever will for me. It still looks and sounds like trying to make a big deal out of not terribly much when you look at the real problems around us.