When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Doesn't the Sun usually support the SNP at least in the Scottish edition?

The Sun supports whoever is likely to win. If it's liable to be close, you'll find out who has the owner's interests at heart.

public-news-old-20830-master.Scottish_Su

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The Sun supports whoever is likely to win. If it's liable to be close, you'll find out who has the owner's interests at heart.

public-news-old-20830-master.Scottish_Su

Salmond doing a Blair with Murdoch (well, maybe not shagging his wife) nullified a lot of the criticism. 

28 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

There's interesting stuff to learn about that period and I *think* Sturgeon's done that, my evidence being she's obviously keeping the folk of the 'if we'd just called no voters racist baby murderers more vociferously' school of thought at arms length.

She doesn't play golf either so a certain Carnoustie poster on here can't give her this advice like he did for Salmond when he caddied for him

Douglas Ross doing his best HB impression by desperately trying to denigrate the Scottish response to coronavirus compared to England despite all the evidence. Some bois.

Does he not have the self-awareness to realise his argument is essentially that the SG have been as gallingly incompetent as Westminster?

Edited by Gordon EF

Douglas Ross is best ignored at the best of times, but he'll be frantically trying to get back in Boris' good books after he badly misjudged the room and resigned as the Tories forced the whole Cummings thing to 'blow over'.

Douglas Ross doing his best HB impression by desperately trying to denigrate the Scottish response to coronavirus compared to England despite all the evidence. Some bois.
Does he not have the self-awareness to realise his argument is essentially that the SG have been as gallingly incompetent as Westminster?
Nobody in society who are Yes or swaying to Yes cares what he says....

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

I seem to remember most people thinking Salmond doing his face while holding a copy of the Sun was a worrying sign he wasn't reading the mood music accurately in 2014.

I've searched high and low for it and can't find it but there was a great article written in the aftermath of the vote about Salmond ignoring concerned advisers because he had great polling from his secret Canadians, who I assume were Cambridge Analytica or whoever. There's interesting stuff to learn about that period and I *think* Sturgeon's done that, my evidence being she's obviously keeping the folk of the 'if we'd just called no voters racist baby murderers more vociferously' school of thought at arms length.

I don't imagine it was the Daily Record but here it is anyway..

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/revealed-secret-opinion-poll-convinced-4313922

Salmond later denied the story..

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/451232/undefined-headline-804/

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Douglas Ross is best ignored at the best of times, but he'll be frantically trying to get back in Boris' good books after he badly misjudged the room and resigned as the Tories forced the whole Cummings thing to 'blow over'.

Oh yeah, that is painfully clear. The only saving grace for him is he's too stupid to realise he's the one that's made a arse of himself in a cabinet of morons.

Might take a little longer if the SNP go about implementing this rehashed version of OBAF that is being talked about. On the face of it I’d say it’s another disaster in waiting.

Anyone else getting pissed off at whoever runs All Under One Banner? Consistantly posting shite on Facebook and getting slated for it by their followers, then now organising demos and protests in the midst of a pandemic and again, their followers telling them not to. 

Their obsession with wanting a referendum right now at this present time is getting more ridiculous by the way. I genuinely feel now that the greatest risk to a Yes vote is our own kind... 

I had no idea about AUOB and I only followed them this year as I was going to go to the big march in Glasgow couldn't find my snorkel and flippers that morning so patched it.

At first I was getting annoyed at the Anti Tory banners then the Anti Tory posts on facebook, don't get me wrong - f**k the tories, but we need to encourage people from all parties to get on board for independence. Unfortunately the far left element who seem to be involved at AUOB are treating this as an "us v them" situation, how the f**k are you meant to encourage people to join our cause with that attitude? They're like the Aberdeen fans in the Tartan Army questioning a Rangers fan why the f**k are they at a Scotland game... (true story by the way, happened to my auld man). 

The marches are always great to watch but what people want to see is examples of how Scotland can do things better on our own and right now people are seeing this hence why the polls are going up and up, and that's with no campaigning! 

Lastly, one thing I don't understand about the indy marchers. They pick up their phone, keys, wallet and then have the huge decision whether to take a Scotland flag, or a catalan flag, Palestinian flag or Ireland or whatever, why? I don't get it. 

44 minutes ago, Ross. said:

And was just as widely disliked, which is why it resulted in a highly embarrassing repeal.

Disliked by James Kelly and some Old Firm fans who saw their freedom to sing bigoted crap and stir up hatred threatened.

Kelly gets disproportionate access to the press to put forward his views.......see the BBC article by, surprise surprise, Sarah Smith as an example.

8 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I had no idea about AUOB and I only followed them this year as I was going to go to the big march in Glasgow couldn't find my snorkel and flippers that morning so patched it.

At first I was getting annoyed at the Anti Tory banners then the Anti Tory posts on facebook, don't get me wrong - f**k the tories, but we need to encourage people from all parties to get on board for independence. Unfortunately the far left element who seem to be involved at AUOB are treating this as an "us v them" situation, how the f**k are you meant to encourage people to join our cause with that attitude? They're like the Aberdeen fans in the Tartan Army questioning a Rangers fan why the f**k are they at a Scotland game... (true story by the way, happened to my auld man). 

The marches are always great to watch but what people want to see is examples of how Scotland can do things better on our own and right now people are seeing this hence why the polls are going up and up, and that's with no campaigning! 

Lastly, one thing I don't understand about the indy marchers. They pick up their phone, keys, wallet and then have the huge decision whether to take a Scotland flag, or a catalan flag, Palestinian flag or Ireland or whatever, why? I don't get it. 

Best stick the Simpsons, mate.

12 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I kind of feel like the extent of MI5's efforts last time was like, getting the red arrows to say they won't do blue and white smoke only air shows. Even the tools GCHQ use that Snowden leaked were about editing online polls and whatnot.

I don't doubt that the security services will have people undercover in the SNP.  It wasn't so long ago that a police officer was found to be working undercover with tree huggers in England