Jump to content

When will indyref2 happen?


Colkitto

Indyref2  

758 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I think this has seriously hurt the Indy movement. Lots of people seem to have sympathy for Boris, the situation and all the fuckery in between. 

That sympathy is soft as shit though. A combination of his illness plus the fact that people tend to rally around leadership in times of crisis (a tide that will raise the good ship Sturgeon equally) that does not necessarily last much beyond that. Even Gordon Brown's polling numbers went up in the aftermath of the banking crisis...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can the next “Better Together” campaign please have “THANK THE MIGHTY BORIS FOR SAVING YOU FROM YOURSELVES” emblazoned on all its anti-Scottish propaganda? Should sway a few softer opponents of Scottish independence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

The case for independence is dying by the day. To rely on oil and gas revenues which are at an all time low and its costing more to produce a barrel than it is to sell it. Tourism has been decimated. The renewables sector is owned by foreign companies and is reducing manufacturing in Scotland, this was happening before Covid. Exports have also taken a dive. The SNP government has shown that it is incompetent in running heavy industry ie shipbuilding and offshore wind components. Scotland is currently getting bailed out by the Tory Westminster government, not long now until Oor Nicola is publicly thanking the Mighty Boris for saving Scotland from itself.

Where’s Boris mate?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Working from home, but you knew that anyway. Thanks for your contribution.
Your post earlier on was a very strange take on the whole thing. I think you're at the wind up but who knows.

The world is being bailed out by massive borrowing, and Scotland is no different. The idea that the UK is somehow saving us is nonsense. The UK controls the budget.

Sturgeon has been head and shoulders above all wm politicians, and that's not really up for debate. It's only those with a preexisting hatred of the woman that can't see that.

And oil has taken a hit, but oil was always a bonus in the wider Scottish economy. Anyone who still thinks it's the main driver hasn't been paying attention.

I'd like us to be bolder though, and use this time to transition to a community-owned and greener economy.

Common weal are doing a lot of policy work on this and I'm hoping sturgeon takes note.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Your post earlier on was a very strange take on the whole thing. I think you're at the wind up but who knows.

The world is being bailed out by massive borrowing, and Scotland is no different. The idea that the UK is somehow saving us is nonsense. The UK controls the budget.

Sturgeon has been head and shoulders above all wm politicians, and that's not really up for debate. It's only those with a preexisting hatred of the woman that can't see that.

And oil has taken a hit, but oil was always a bonus in the wider Scottish economy. Anyone who still thinks it's the main driver hasn't been paying attention.

I'd like us to be bolder though, and use this time to transition to a community-owned and greener economy.

Common weal are doing a lot of policy work on this and I'm hoping sturgeon takes note.

Pie in the sky stuff there, what has Oor Nicola done that stands her head and shoulders ? All she is doing is being a puppet for her Tory bosses, where has the money come from for keeping companies and people afloat, not the Scottish government.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pie in the sky stuff there, what has Oor Nicola done that stands her head and shoulders ? All she is doing is being a puppet for her Tory bosses, where has the money come from for keeping companies and people afloat, not the Scottish government.
The money will be coming from Scottish taxpayers and borrowing.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Hymlick Manouvre said:

Pie in the sky stuff there, what has Oor Nicola done that stands her head and shoulders ? All she is doing is being a puppet for her Tory bosses, where has the money come from for keeping companies and people afloat, not the Scottish government.

It’s something that the Nats have never been able to answer. Exactly what are Nicola and wee Jeane doing just now that is so much better than Westminster?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

It’s something that the Nats have never been able to answer. Exactly what are Nicola and wee Jeane doing just now that is so much better than Westminster?

Running the most efficient NHS in the UK. It's pretty f*cking obvious, Minterboy.

https://www.businessforscotland.com/scotlands-nhs-outperforms-the-rest-of-the-uk-heres-why/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pie in the sky stuff there, what has Oor Nicola done that stands her head and shoulders ? All she is doing is being a puppet for her Tory bosses, where has the money come from for keeping companies and people afloat, not the Scottish government.
It’s something that the Nats have never been able to answer. Exactly what are Nicola and wee Jeane doing just now that is so much better than Westminster?
She has appeared every day since the crisis broke, and explained with openness and honesty. Not attempting to bluff and bluster, and instead she's clear on the details.

Like i said, there's a works of difference in their handling of the press conferences.

I'd love for the Scottish govt to have the economic control to make meaningful policy differences - but you're going to attack them either way.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

Running the most efficient NHS in the UK. It's pretty f*cking obvious, Minterboy.

https://www.businessforscotland.com/scotlands-nhs-outperforms-the-rest-of-the-uk-heres-why/

Ah, Scotland prospering as part of the UK. No wonder the sensible majority don’t want to throw it away. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, renton said:

That sympathy is soft as shit though. A combination of his illness plus the fact that people tend to rally around leadership in times of crisis (a tide that will raise the good ship Sturgeon equally) that does not necessarily last much beyond that. Even Gordon Brown's polling numbers went up in the aftermath of the banking crisis...

You're right. People are obvs more reluctant to believe their leaders are useless chancers when those people are presiding over decisions that might actually kill loved ones. It'll be interesting to see how Boris's approval ratings fair say six months after we're over the worst of this. Ofc it doesn't help that our press are court jesters more interested in holding the public to account than the govt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Can we just ignore Manky's new alias please?

Don't quote him ffs.

Oh Christ, is that who this one is?

What's going on with the misspelling of Heimlich Manoeuvre? Am I missing something dreadfully clever due to my Nationalist stupidity?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...