When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

No, it hasn't. Older people never had access to the level of knowledge that young people have today. There's a world wide encyclopaedia of knowledge called the "internet" now. Watch an old person spend half an hour scratching their head while trying to figure out how to switch a laptop/pc/tablet on.

Their "knowledge" comes from the state broadcaster and right wing newspapers. They don't know shit.

An entire generation written off as they don't hold the same viewpoint as yourself. Dearie me. These old people don't know what they are missing not being able to read wings over Scotland. with hindsight  these old people who don't know shit called it bang on with Salmond and his half truths during the referendum. 

Just now, AyrExile said:

An entire generation written off as they don't hold the same viewpoint as yourself. Dearie me. These old people don't know what they are missing not being able to read wings over Scotland. with hindsight  these old people who don't know shit called it bang on with Salmond and his half truths during the referendum. 

Those old people will be dead soon. The next generation will be people with a vastly greater wealth of knowledge, having had access to far more superior sources of information that go beyond being spoon fed by the state broadcaster and backwards thinking journalists. They can't stop the world from moving forward, because they won't be around forever to do so. Even a nice wee pension buff from their beloved conservative party won't extend their lives that much longer. Good riddance.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Good post.
However if I was sturgeon I'd take a bigger gamble.
Full independence or dissolve the devolved parliament. Straight question... let's settle this once and for all.. let the old c***s shite it as they might lose their freebies

Mother Nature is taking care of them and we should see the vibrant new generation voting for a new Scotland by the time indyref2 comes about.

Sturgeon is also hoovering up the woman vote too. :thumsup2 

8 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

Those old people will be dead soon. The next generation will be people with a vastly greater wealth of knowledge, having had access to far more superior sources of information that go beyond being spoon fed by the state broadcaster and backwards thinking journalists. They can't stop the world from moving forward, because they won't be around forever to do so. Even a nice wee pension buff from their beloved conservative party won't extend their lives that much longer. Good riddance.

So will this newly educated bunch be able to understand GERS figures then? Actually I think older people will be replaced with similar who realise in the grand scheme of things the standard of living in the uk is good, politicians are all out for themselves and whilst independence could be a good thing until it's backed up with numbers that stack up then it's a risk too far. 

Just now, AyrExile said:

So will this newly educated bunch be able to understand GERS figures then? Actually I think older people will be replaced with similar who realise in the grand scheme of things the standard of living in the uk is good, politicians are all out for themselves and whilst independence could be a good thing until it's backed up with numbers that stack up then it's a risk too far. 

Of course they can. There are plenty of experienced young accountants out there who understand the figures better than anyone. Reading the figures is one thing, understanding them is something else. Old people look at the figures, don't understand what they're looking at and turn to the Daily Express for an explanation.

20 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Mother Nature is taking care of them and we should see the vibrant new generation voting for a new Scotland by the time indyref2 comes about.

Should indyref2 not get a different name seeing as though we would be switching bed partner  rather than standing on our own two feet? What about the effect on the vote of the true independence voters who wish Scotland to go it completely alone? 

41 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Whilst I admire your optimism for the future all generations are vibrant and radical when young. As they age/get more experience many become more conservative.

This generation will be no different

46 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Should indyref2 not get a different name seeing as though we would be switching bed partner  rather than standing on our own two feet? What about the effect on the vote of the true independence voters who wish Scotland to go it completely alone? 

Well in essence we will be having a 2nd independence referendum. Can't really see what else you could call it :blink:

Any independence voters who want to come out of the EU completely will need to make a choice of Scotland in the UK but out of the EU and an independent Scotland in the EU. If they would rather see Scotland remain in the UK perhaps their priorities are all wrong... 

29 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Whilst I admire your optimism for the future all generations are vibrant and radical when young. As they age/get more experience many become more conservative.

This generation will be no different

Polling on 16 to 35 year olds has pro-independence preference in the region of 75%. I don't see that changing much.... 

22 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Well in essence we will be having a 2nd independence referendum. Can't really see what else you could call it :blink:

Any independence voters who want to come out of the EU completely will need to make a choice of Scotland in the UK but out of the EU and an independent Scotland in the EU. If they would rather see Scotland remain in the UK perhaps their priorities are all wrong... 

Really. Would you automatically back a side who has shifted the goalposts to further their own cause and denied your ideal outcome in the process?

56 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Polling on 16 to 35 year olds has pro-independence preference in the region of 75%. I don't see that changing much.... 

We'll see!

FWIW I would like to an indy Scotland in the EU ( added bonus it would stop my mate in Ireland phoning me with " greetings from the EU " )

3 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

The biggest ageism shown in this country is institutional ageism. 

By the boomers against the young.

That's right. If they are in care in the community they shouldn't get tae vote. No representation without taxation. Feck that cradle to grave stuff. We should all have the desired traits i.e. be young. The auld yins should be sterirlized before they can reproduce cause they will only reproduce more auld yins

2 hours ago, Cream Cheese said:

Good point. Why do old conservative thinking people with outdated fascist views and a nipple twisting delight for all things royalty, think that they can talk down to the younger generation and act as if they know better, when they refuse to move forward?

Quite right. Next time ma mammy asks for dig money I'll tell him to get it aff his maw cuase he's a fascist git with nae right to be hear/here. A always get confused with these 2

Quite right. Next time ma mammy asks for dig money I'll tell him to get it aff his maw cuase he's a fascist git with nae right to be hear/here. A always get confused with these 2

You get confused with more than those two reading that mess.

No, it hasn't. Older people never had access to the level of knowledge that young people have today. There's a world wide encyclopaedia of knowledge called the "internet" now. Watch an old person spend half an hour scratching their head while trying to figure out how to switch a laptop/pc/tablet on.

Their "knowledge" comes from the state broadcaster and right wing newspapers. They don't know shit.

Aye, really??? You need to get out more, as I was the one informing young work colleagues what was happening with the general election and the EU referendum, and I'm on my tablet BTW. Thanks for being so ageist and know-all when I thought you were one of the sensible guys on here [emoji2]

52 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Aye, really??? You need to get out more, as I was the one informing young work colleagues what was happening with the general election and the EU referendum, and I'm on my tablet BTW. Thanks for being so ageist and know-all when I thought you were one of the sensible guys on here emoji2.png

Informing them of what? There was no informative information out there from either side in the EU referendum. They were both full of crap with their own set of delusional tribal minded followers who didn't really have a grasp on what either outcome would mean.