• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

469 members have voted

1. 1. When will indyref 2 take place?

16 minutes ago, Lex said:

' can't get any lower '

Woof. What a call.

Would you like me to spell out the gist of that last sentence so your dense lump of wood can make sense of it? 

Say lex makes a good case here, this is worrying, he's right to look at those figures and draw that conclusion and

oh

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at 12:02, Lex said:

I am against that fwiw. Not that it will make much difference, I don't think there's any chance of us voting to leave the EU. All the major parties - SNP included - will be campaigning for us to vote to stay in.

oops

Have any of our unionist friends told us yet how we resolve our 'deficit' without the necessary powers to do it? #gers

Or have we forever and a day to just simply accept 'their' 'dependency' without doing anything about it?

It utterly baffles me that Unionists, from dribbling quarter wits like our own Lex, to supposed intellectual heavyweights like Alex Massie and Fraser Nelson see Scotland performing badly as part of the UK as a reason against independence.

It's also saddening to see so many shriek in delight at Scotland's deficit.

Surprised to see this news omitted from my cursory glance at this subform:

Try a cursory glance at the general politics forum.

Have any of our unionist friends told us yet how we resolve our 'deficit' without the necessary powers to do it? #gers

Or have we forever and a day to just simply accept 'their' 'dependency' without doing anything about it?

Abolish the Scottish parliament and muck in with RUK

44 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar said:

Do we simply ignore the democratic will of the people who voted to create the Scottish Parliament?

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar said:

Fcuk off, I'm no longer interested in Westminster, they don't look after Scotland's differing requirements anywhere near as well as I'd like.

Fcuk off, I'm no longer interested in Westminster, they don't look after Scotland's differing requirements anywhere near as well as I'd like.

And Holyrood does??

Do we simply ignore the democratic will of the people who voted to create the Scottish Parliament?

They probably wouldn't notice.

8 hours ago, Lex said:

Surprised to see this news omitted from my cursory glance at this subform:

Gers figures: Scottish economy deficit almost £15bn

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-37167975

This is utterly devastating news for separatists.  I'm sure they will try to spin it and blame it all on big bad Westminster.

The sad reality is no one is buying it.  Scotland still isn't interested in independence, and an another referendum isnt on the horizon.

Why isn't it? Simple.  Nicola knows she would lose badly.

Again.

Why not, they are the ones spending most of the money that lead to the deficit, after all. They are the ones who set the tax system up in a way that creates a drag in tax take in Scotland, after all.

Gers, above all else is a terrible indictment of how Westmisnter has run, and continues to run Scotland.

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar said:

And Holyrood does??emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

On the whole it does better with the powers that it does have.

Potentially only 4% more police officers in Scotlandsince 2008 = disaster.

Upto 20% less police officers in rUK = move on nothing to see here.

They probably wouldn't notice.

As much as we have polar political views... this is indeed a good comment
A lot of apathy in Scotland just now. Not really a nation of fierce warriors afterall

3 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Got to be in the next two years or sturgeon has egg on her face.

No, it's got to be when she thinks YES can win, she's been battling for ages to avoid getting Westminster's semen up her jacksie so a little egg won't bother her.

3 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

She promised that if their was a material change of circumstances then there would be a referendum on independence. There has been. She's going to bottle it.

I've not witnessed any material change, we're still waiting to see if May and her pals bottle it before we contemplate anything.

12 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

She promised that if their was a material change of circumstances then there would be a referendum on independence. There has been. She's going to bottle it.

No, she said a material change in circumstances was grounds for one, not that there definitely would be. As it is, there actually hasn't been a material change in circumstance, only once article 50 has been invoked, only once there is a UK negotiating position, and some idea of what brexit will look like, and only once it is clear that position will not guarantee Scotland's continued membership of the EU will she be in a position to call one.

Edited by renton