When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

You asked for an explanation of how Alex Salmond's words had been misinterpreted. I provided that.

I'm also aware that the line you quote is from the preamble to "Scotland's Future", not from anywhere within the body of the report. Do you not think that the details of a document carry more import than one line of a limited executive summary?

No I asked how the phrase had been misinterpreted.  

Can we assume that any part of the document that no longer fits todays world can be ignored on the basis that x, y or z section is more important.

At the end of the day, the Scottish Government published the document and right from the start of the document stated that it was "once in a generation".  I would say this was fundamental to context of the document.  If you disagree then so be it.

Quite clearly it was a mistake to both say it and commit it to paper.

30 minutes ago, strichener said:

Can we assume that any part of the document that no longer fits todays world can be ignored on the basis that x, y or z section is more important.

At the end of the day, the Scottish Government published the document and right from the start of the document stated that it was "once in a generation".  I would say this was fundamental to context of the document.  If you disagree then so be it.

Give it a rest.

Perhaps they thought it was a once in a generation opportunity.

Turns out it wasn't.

And the material change?

Very True, there was little difference then and there's little difference now between the landed gentry and wealthy land owning English and Scottish, it has been and always will be a class battle but that's a narrative that scares so many people.............
It's a reason why for a long time I was not a supporter of independence.

18 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Not particularly helpful to "blame" any particular group for the last referendum.

However one extremely influential group that overwhelmingly voted to reject independence was the over 55's. Scots born and non Scots born.

Given that as seen UK pensions are some of the lowest among any developed countries. This is an area the independence organisation can work on.

It would not be too ambitious to suggest we should be matching the pension spend of our nearest European counterparts.

I remember seeing the response to a question in a poll after the referendum that in part made me laugh and in part made me furious.

It asked how long it should be to the next Independence Referendum.  A significant percentage of over 60s ticked the ‘Never’ box.

These c***s wanted to dictate policy for future generations even after they were dead.  It was an insight to a tragic mindset.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I remember seeing the response to a question in a poll after the referendum that in part made me laugh and in part made me furious.

It asked how long it should be to the next Independence Referendum.  A significant percentage of over 60s ticked the ‘Never’ box.

These c***s wanted to dictate policy for future generations even after they were dead.  It was an insight to a tragic mindset.

Just the same as your vote for Brexit determines the shambles that youngsters will have to face long after your dead? Talk about hypocrisy.

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Just the same as your vote for Brexit determines the shambles that youngsters will have to face long after your dead? Talk about hypocrisy.

^^^^ desperately trying to make a valid comparison and failing miserably. 

17 hours ago, sophia said:

Give it a rest.

Perhaps they thought it was a once in a generation opportunity.

Turns out it wasn't.

No, I will happily continue to pick up on this until people stop trying to revise history.   Currently it still is a once in a generation as I don't see any real moves to drive it forward.  Lots of talk, little action but probably for the best.

Edited by strichener

13 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
17 hours ago, strichener said:

And the material change?

Wasn't mentioned until after the last one was lost.  Entirely irrelevant to the original comment.  

Don't get me wrong. I'll still vote for independence but Theresa is correct that now is not the time although her reasoning is entirely different to my own.  If we held a referendum at the moment we would lose again and that would, unfortunately, kill it off for potentially more than a generation.

The polls need more movement in my opinion.

5 hours ago, strichener said:

Wasn't mentioned until after the last one was lost.  Entirely irrelevant to the original comment.  

Don't get me wrong. I'll still vote for independence but Theresa is correct that now is not the time although her reasoning is entirely different to my own.  If we held a referendum at the moment we would lose again and that would, unfortunately, kill it off for potentially more than a generation.

The polls need more movement in my opinion.

The polls don't need to move, we just need to actually live under Brexit for a decent period then everything will happen naturally.

On 08/03/2019 at 09:17, Jeremiah Cole said:

The fact that you read the Daily Mail, believe the Daily Mail and resort to abuse highlights that your avatar is indeed very ironic. :rolleyes:

Try educating yourself about pensions instead of believing every bit of fake news that you read.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/02/retirees-in-these-countries-receive-100-of-a-working-salary/

https://www.ftadviser.com/pensions/2018/02/13/uk-state-pension-worst-in-the-developed-world/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/05/uk-state-pensions-ranked-worst-developed-world/

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/dec/05/oecd-uk-has-lowest-state-pension-of-any-developed-country

That's a lot of fake news, buddy.

15 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Labour desperately need some Lib Dem tactical voting in the European elections to get David Coburn’s seat, assuming we end up voting in them.

At the moment the SNP could get a 3rd MEP and gain a seat[m

I expect the UKIP vote would increase a bit if there's another EU election.