When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, AyrExile said:

That’s way out my price range and for special occasions only. 

Let's compare.

AyrExile prefers to buy Highland Earl blended whisky. £11.50 duty + £2.50 VAT (£14.00)  of the total price of £15.00 is paid in tax to the UK government. That's a tax rate of 93.3%.

I prefer to drink Talisker malt whisky. £9.21 duty + £5.45 VAT (£14.66) of the total price of £32.70 is paid in tax to the UK government. That's a tax rate of 44.8%

It's only the excessive tax rates charged on my occasional tipple that's stopping me moving to Carlisle right now.

From what I can decipher from last few pages, Ayr Exile has been sitting in front of his laptop drinking overpriced Aldi Whisky whilst making a complete c**t of himself. Whilst gilphead visited the shops with his wife, took a one second picture of some whisky, bought a nice Talisker and is sitting next to his warm fire.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

This thread is sorely missing the input of @The_Kincardine.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:
This thread is sorely missing the input of [mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention].

The Gincardine don't you mean?

36 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Surprised that nobody's opened up a parody account with that moniker TBH.

Oh you two are embarrassing me with my popularity.  I was even referenced on a Celtic thread in the week.

What it is to be cardboard box office.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh you two are embarrassing me with my popularity.  I was even referenced on a Celtic thread in the week.

What it is to be cardboard box office.

You're almost up there with virginton, and I don't make that comparison lightly.

So, while you're here, any input to Whiskygeddon?

12 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You're almost up there with virginton, and I don't make that comparison lightly.

So, while you're here, any input to Whiskygeddon?

It has mostly passed me by, young Dave.  I'm not a great spirits drinker.  I just have the usual whisky, vodka, gin and armagnac in the kitchen cupboard.

I tend to buy cases of red wine from Majestic in High Wycombe or have Tesco deliver tins of Old Speckled Hen.

303 pages since I last checked this thread, and absolutely nothing changed since then.

‘ BUT BREXIT1!!1!2! ‘

Nope, still voted no, still would vote no.

Tub thumpers gonna keep tub thumping and slapping each other’s backs in that comfy echo chamber though, of which this sub forum is part.

Good. In the meantime, the rest of us will get on with it.

303 pages since I last checked this thread, and absolutely nothing changed since then.

‘ BUT BREXIT1!!1!2! ‘

Tub thumpers gonna keep tub thumping and slapping each other’s backs in that comfy echo chamber though, of which this sub forum is part.

Minter

20 minutes ago, Lex said:

‘ BUT BREXIT1!!1!2! ‘

Get on with what exactly?

^slapping each other’s backs in the echo chamber.

No one that you need to listen is listening guys, but keep talking to each other.

Hopefully it will help you deal with it all a bit better.