• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

500 members have voted

1. 1. When will indyref 2 take place?

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

On the subject of what type of campaign should be run, its got to be a mix, hopeful but short sharp injections of the lies of the last campaign. It won’t be won on twitter, need billboards, adverts etc, the people who we need to target don’t read twitter.

There's a lot being made of how many boots on the ground that Labour, and Momentum in particular, are organising on a permanent election footing. That sort of thing needs to be developed up here even before an official campaign begins. Speaking of my time in both parties, it was Slab that were much more active at involving their members in all the processes of the party and trying to do public shit. The SNP have a far bigger member base and are much better organised so I don't know why they aren't utilising that more. That could just be relevant to Glasgow though as that's where I was (trying) to be active.

1 minute ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Scotland, and particularly Glasgow, which is largely the same thing, has had a century of left-wing hegemony in the sense that this is the way the country is conceptualised. In due course the 2014 referendum will be spoken about in the same tradition as Mary Barbour, the battle of George Square, the UCS work-in and the poll-tax non-payment campaign. It's not so much that people still remember the miners strike - to have memories of it as an adult you have to be in your mid-50s at this point - but the way in which history and culture are used and created has been done in a very political manner. Assuming the independence campaign sticks to its left wing principles, it fits very well into this story and tradition. However you can't just weave that tapestry overnight - it's an organic process that happens very slowly and in a piecemeal fashion until suddenly everything seems extremely clear in retrospect.

My touchstone is always the original devolution campaign - it took 18 years between 79 and 97 to go from defeat on a technicality to overwhelming victory, in a campaign where arguably politicians were playing catch up to the general culture. Even allowing for the chaotic nature of modern politics and the huge incoming crisis/opportunity of Brexit, it's broadly always been my view that we need at least as big a cultural shift before independence is likely.

Politics is all about the story you tell and the Scottish pro-independence left has a good one with storied history and a coherent offer, but it doesn't coalesce overnight because politicians aren't *really* in control of it. Brexit provides an opportunity because it offers a potential rupture where a sudden shift allows a new story to be told - if all of a sudden there are food shortages and traffic jams, and independence campaigners can sieze the narrative to say that this means we should be independent, that may be a pivotal point. The Shock Doctrine, effectively - but for good instead of evil.

Aye. Essentially taking the vision that already existed in 2014 but pointing at Brexit and dispelling the myth that choosing the left wing vision means taking the economically reckless "utopian" decision.

Edited by NotThePars

27 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

The general electorate, as we have seen time and again, are barely sentient mouthbreathers. Tell them spaghetti hoops and tv phone in votes will be outlawed or some shit and watch them come running.

Nah, that won't work. The "Blethers Together" campaign will tell them that residents of an independent Scotland will no longer be able to vote on the X Factor. Pure anarchy will ensue.

Edited by BawWatchin

7 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

What kind of lies could we possibly make up that would help us any further?

Any lies would have to be negative.

The state pension will be £300P/W

Minimum wage of £10 per hour

Cap utility bills at £40 per month

Free public transport

Write it on the side of a bus. That seems to work

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

The state pension will be £300P/W

Minimum wage of £10 per hour

Cap utility bills at £40 per month

Free public transport

Write it on the side of a bus. That seems to work

I said lies. Not things that are actually possible to achieve.

Aye. Essentially taking the vision that already existed in 2014 but pointing at Brexit and dispelling the myth that choosing the left wing vision means taking the economically reckless "utopian" decision.

Something I heard was old guard pre 2014 SNP local members are a bit bolshy about post 2014 members and this friction puts off new members and turns them into paper members. Pay the sub but no shoe leather offered.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Something I heard was old guard pre 2014 SNP local members are a bit bolshy about post 2014 members and this friction puts off new members and turns them into paper members. Pay the sub but no shoe leather offered.

Could believe that. There's only one kind of bolshy we need though.

leninstalin.jpg

Ah, the Sillars of the movement. 

ETA: nah that's clearly Trotsky isn't it?

Edited by NotThePars

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Russia will invade if we don't vote Yes

If there's another referendum, I'd kind of be expecting Putin and the lads to be giving us hauners tbh.

1 minute ago, JamieThomas said:

If there's another referendum, I'd kind of be expecting Putin and the lads to be giving us hauners tbh.

images (2).jpeg

13 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I'd rather he gave us all commie style Ushanka's to get us through these late winters. A few litres of premium Russian vodka to warm us up from the inside would go a treat as well.

quitegood.png

Sturgeon - "A Tory Unionist cabal" That's more like it. More if this kind of rhetoric:thumsup2

It's getting to the point where Sturgeon will have exhausted every possible avenue and have no option but to go for a Section 30.