When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The Daily Record suggesting not very subtly that the polling company is pro-Remain and might be trying to scare people away from a hard Brexit.

You missed the big story.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-left-red-faced-13186408

Haven't seen them accuse the polling company of bias, just the group who hired them.

11 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I've maintained since 2014 support for independence has risen. It pretty much has too.

Nobody will have voted Yes 4 years ago and having seen the state of the country changed to a no vote.

Factor in the many no voters I know personally who are now Yes and sprinkle that with 4 years of passed away no voting pensioners.

Are you basing this on how people vote in Scotland since 2014?

Or something else. 

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Crùbag said:
That poll gets interestingier and betterer...

Is it an official poll carried out by an approved pollster?

Apparently Wings has the details. 16-17 yos were included but no EU nationals. Also done mostly in east central belt and Perthshire IIRC - areas not known for proIndy sentiment.

Only one poll, I know, but if I were a Unionist, I wouldn't feel as if the UK were at all safe. Given there's no official campaign and that the full horror of Brexit has still to unfold, I can only see the pro-Yes numbers rising.

Apparently Wings has the details. 16-17 yos were included but no EU nationals. Also done mostly in east central belt and Perthshire IIRC - areas not known for proIndy sentiment.
Only one poll, I know, but if I were a Unionist, I wouldn't feel as if the UK were at all safe. Given there's no official campaign and that the full horror of Brexit has still to unfold, I can only see the pro-Yes numbers rising.
Agree, but some bitter yoons on here thing the independence movement/idea is dead in the water.....

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Agree, but some bitter yoons on here thing the independence movement/idea is dead in the water.....

Fellow Scots, I think you mean. 

Full poll results availableto download  here

Scotland Poll - The full tables for Deltapoll’s survey across Scotland for Our Future, Our Choice (OFOC) and Best for Britain. It looks at positions taken on the constitutional future of Scotland in the event of different Brexit-related scenarios.

Date Published - 03/09/2018

Client - Our Future, Our Choice and Best for Britain.

Methodology - Deltapoll interviewed an online sample of 1,022 adults aged 18+ between 24-29th August 2018. The data has been weighted to the profile of all Scotland adults. Deltapoll is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules.

Headline questions asked (in order of asking):

Q0. In the Referendum on the 23rd of June 2016 on whether the UK should remain in or leave the European Union, which way did you vote, or did you not vote?

Q1. In a referendum on independence for Scotland held tomorrow, how would you vote?

Q2. Imagine the UK remains in the European Union. In a referendum on independence for Scotland how would you vote?

Q3. If the UK leaves the European Union as planned, in a referendum on independence for Scotland how would you vote?

Q4. When the Prime Minister, Theresa May, puts the final Brexit deal to Parliament, do you think MPs should vote for or against it if

...It leaves us economically worse off for the long term

...It means we are subject to EU rules for a limited  amount of time

...It means we are subject to EU rules permanently

...It means we are BOTH worse off and subject to EU rules for at least the next two years

Q5. If it is the case that ‘the will of the people’ has moved on such that a majority of the UK public no longer want to leave the European Union, do you think it would be right or wrong to carry out Brexit based on the 2016 referendum result?

Not at all leading. No siree!

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You missed the big story.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fan-left-red-faced-13186408

Haven't seen them accuse the polling company of bias, just the group who hired them.

Aye that's what I meant. 80% accurate as per. :)

40 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Full poll results availableto download  here

Scotland Poll - The full tables for Deltapoll’s survey across Scotland for Our Future, Our Choice (OFOC) and Best for Britain. It looks at positions taken on the constitutional future of Scotland in the event of different Brexit-related scenarios.

Date Published - 03/09/2018

Client - Our Future, Our Choice and Best for Britain.

Methodology - Deltapoll interviewed an online sample of 1,022 adults aged 18+ between 24-29th August 2018. The data has been weighted to the profile of all Scotland adults. Deltapoll is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules.

Headline questions asked (in order of asking):

Q0. In the Referendum on the 23rd of June 2016 on whether the UK should remain in or leave the European Union, which way did you vote, or did you not vote?

Q1. In a referendum on independence for Scotland held tomorrow, how would you vote?

Q2. Imagine the UK remains in the European Union. In a referendum on independence for Scotland how would you vote?

Q3. If the UK leaves the European Union as planned, in a referendum on independence for Scotland how would you vote?

Q4. When the Prime Minister, Theresa May, puts the final Brexit deal to Parliament, do you think MPs should vote for or against it if

...It leaves us economically worse off for the long term

...It means we are subject to EU rules for a limited  amount of time

...It means we are subject to EU rules permanently

...It means we are BOTH worse off and subject to EU rules for at least the next two years

Q5. If it is the case that ‘the will of the people’ has moved on such that a majority of the UK public no longer want to leave the European Union, do you think it would be right or wrong to carry out Brexit based on the 2016 referendum result?

Not at all leading. No siree!

A Wings Spunk Biscuit.

(I always assumed one would want to to this type of dare, but not everyone agrees with my thinking.)

Edited by Jambo99

10 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
10 hours ago, Crùbag said:

I might be a unionist, but the independence movement is only growing. And will do while we have a Tory UK government and a pathetic Labour Party in Scotland. 

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:
I might be a unionist, but the independence movement is only growing. And will do while we have a Tory UK government and a pathetic Labour Party in Scotland. 

But you are voting yes in the next referendum. How does that make you a unionist?

I Don't remember saying I would vote yes, maybe I did, memory fades a bit in later years. I would be quite happy to remain in the UK under a Labour government. But as that seems unlikely, then I would indeed consider voting yes. Financially I would be better off down south, but that's not my main concern.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

57 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

I Don't remember saying I would vote yes, maybe I did, memory fades a bit in later years. I would be quite happy to remain in the UK under a Labour government. But as that seems unlikely, then I would indeed consider voting yes. Financially I would be better off down south, but that's not my main concern.

For how long? Is a Labour government 30% of the time worth Tory carnage the other 70%?

13 hours ago, Crùbag said:

It doesn't really matter where it was done, these things are weighted statistically to be reflective of the whole country. The error isn't necessarily skewed in favour of either side.

The big challenge I see is that if the UK pursues a Canada + type trade agreement etc, that effectively means that an independent Scotland would be in a different customs area and that's something that businesses will shit themselves with, even more than they did in 2014 when the proposal had both sides in the single market. It seems counterintuitive but I think the worst possible EU deal can do a lot of harm to the independence movement. Maybe instantly, the yes side would massively benefit from the political fallout but when it comes to a real campaign, there's another really big stick to be used that's as economically significant as the currency union last time around (which doesn't really seem to have an agreed solution articulated yet).

4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Delighted to read that you're not closed off to the option of Scottish independence.    How you vote in the future is of course entirely up to yourself.  

...a life time of voting well....trying to keep the lowlands red.

Only to see societal norms and views, in another more populous country, shift further right than ever imagined.......and then having to watch the beloved party having to shift right to match the consensus in that other country to stand a chance of election.

Life long labour voters in Scotland ^_^