Colkitto

When will indyref2 happen?

Indyref2  

452 members have voted

1. 1. When will indyref 2 take place?

30 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
22 hours ago, ancientnoise said:
Christ. Where to start with that response?
Drinking so much gin in the morning isn't good for you mate.

Just ignore the puddle drinker.

Philyerpants isn't the puddle-drinker.

L4L/Donny is the b*****d step-child od Albert Einstein/Stephen Hawking compared to him.

This is slightly unrelated, but I was speaking to someone the other week who claimed it's illegal to fly a saltire outside your house all year round.  Apparently, it's only allowed on special occasions (like St Andrew's Day) and it's only the Union Flag that's allowed to be flown all year round as it's the official flag of the country (in this case the UK).  I'd never heard of this before, but it sounded like nonsense to me.  Anyone else heard of this?

19 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

This is slightly unrelated, but I was speaking to someone the other week who claimed it's illegal to fly a saltire outside your house all year round.  Apparently, it's only allowed on special occasions (like St Andrew's Day) and it's only the Union Flag that's allowed to be flown all year round as it's the official flag of the country (in this case the UK).  I'd never heard of this before, but it sounded like nonsense to me.  Anyone else heard of this?

Wiki comes to the rescue. As far as I know there are no rules for private citizens although you might get into a bit of bother flying the ISIS flag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Scotland#Protocol

53 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

How very colonial.  Scotland has been the target of cultural suppression from London for centuries.  Wouldn't surprise me at all.

7 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

How very colonial.  Scotland has been the target of cultural suppression from London for centuries.  Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Reading your posts makes me wish I'd voted No.

Its one of these half truths, the Lion Rampant is apparently only allowed to be flown with the permission of the queen as it’s a royal standard etc, the reality of it is that its an archaic point of order and in no way an actual crime. I think your friend was just mixed up.

7 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

You can fly when she says so. GSTQ.

gettyimages-618569182-1-1524568183.jpg

Its one of these half truths, the Lion Rampant is apparently only allowed to be flown with the permission of the queen as it’s a royal standard etc, the reality of it is that its an archaic point of order and in no way an actual crime. I think your friend was just mixed up.
It's about like that shenanigans with the illegal badges for certain teams.

I was astounded when we got grassed up by an Airdrie and actually had to change. I couldn't believe a modicum of sensibility was used to get the whole thing in the sea.

I was astounded when we got grassed up by an Airdrie and actually had to change. I couldn't believe a modicum of sensibility was used to get the whole thing in the sea.
Nothing that Airdrie do would astound me mate

What did they do? Sorry never heard of this before? Airdrie Utd and its fans are a shower of shite.

What did they do? Sorry never heard of this before? Airdrie Utd and its fans are a shower of shite.

Really?

Some football badges are illegal, but only if someone reports it to some archaic royal charter pish.

Ayr had to get a whole new badge. All caused by some wee grass fae Airdrie.

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/ayr-united-face-legal-action-over-team-badge-1-3952853

Really? 
Some football badges are illegal, but only if someone reports it to some archaic royal charter pish.

Ayr had to get a whole new badge. All caused by some wee grass fae Airdrie.

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/ayr-united-face-legal-action-over-team-badge-1-3952853

Surprised a scumdrie utd fan actually knew what Heraldic law is. However id have dingied it because im a republican.