When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

More to the point Heraldry can and does exist in Republics
The closest example is the Chief Herald Of Ireland based in Dublin
https://www.nli.ie/en/heraldry-introduction.aspx
And that's not a new phenomenom
These are family shields from the Republic of Venice from a manuscript  dated 1350
Reg.lat.1468_0032_fa_0012v.jpg?format=500w&key=9ce9a0b1497dc341ce55277aa8605a5514e939036706c74bfdb4b943acd43ccd

They’re all shite though. A 2 year old could do a better job.

19 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Becoming a republic before becoming a republic?  Now there's a novelty.

The monarchy is merely utilitarian both sides of the border.  You'd never design a country starting with a constitutional monarchy so it will last for as long as it's useful.  The Williamite settlement has, at its root, its own demise and this is sensible.

^^^Exit strategy.^^^

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

Eh? Her/His Majesty might not take kindly to an attempt to do away with the heraldic sfuff. Not my preference but Scotland could become independent and still be a constitutional monarchy. Ever heard of Canada? 

If we can persuade enough people to vote YES I don’t think upon Independemce it will be too difficult to convince them to ditch the parasites and the archaic pish that they represent.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If we can persuade enough people to vote YES I don’t think upon Independemce it will be too difficult to convince them to ditch the parasites and the archaic pish that they represent.

As monarchists love to bang on about how Elizabeth Windsor is descended via a circuitous route from a line of crackpots, why not insist that an independent Scotland would invite the Stuart claimant to the throne? They’d have no cause for complaint. They claim to believe in bloodlines being important.

7 minutes ago, Antlion said:

As monarchists love to bang on about how Elizabeth Windsor is descended via a circuitous route from a line of crackpots, why not insist that an independent Scotland would invite the Stuart claimant to the throne? They’d have no cause for complaint. They claim to believe in bloodlines being important.

I would be totally opposed to this unless it were proven that I was the rightful heir.

Torturing myself by listening to some of the 'Strengthening the Union' "debate" in the HoC. Words cannot do justice to Stephen Kerr's speech, and I don't mean that in a positive sense. 
The standard of debate is fucking atrocious.

The Ulster guy ATM is really remarkable. How the f**k do these goons get elected?

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The Ulster guy ATM is really remarkable. How the f**k do these goons get elected?

You know the answer to that. No more tribal politics than NI.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

My only misgiving about replacing the monarchy is based on what the Americans have elected as Head of State. We’d probably end up with Lorraine Kelly.

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It was a 'debate' in name only. Stephen Kerr's speech was essentially a rant about how offended he was by a 'Tory Scum Out' banner, followed by something about the need to fly more union flegs in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Torturing myself by listening to some of the 'Strengthening the Union' "debate" in the HoC. Words cannot do justice to Stephen Kerr's speech, and I don't mean that in a positive sense. 

The fact that he and his masters are currently trying to break the UK out of a union didn’t crop up at all?

35 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

My only misgiving about replacing the monarchy is based on what the Americans have elected as Head of State. We’d probably end up with Lorraine Kelly.

Why is Lorraine less qualified than George Windsor? From what I’ve seen, the boy has shown only a talent for being dressed like Just William.

1 hour ago, trainspotter said:

There would be nothing wrong with trying to be the nicest country in the world.