When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To the original question , I'll go with - if the UK stays inside the customs union/common market etc then there won't be a Indyref2 ; anything less then there will be a referendum. Although I don't know how the SNP deal with a long-term transition period of remaining inside the EU and EU institutions.  Although, I imagine the Tories will have their hardcore LEAVE MEANS LEAVE nuggets to deal with if such a thing happens and they may well bring down May's government.

Brexit really. It all comes down to what type, or if Brexit even happens.

46 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, Randy Giles said:
My usual reminder that RagingRob openly admitted that it's union above all else. He's the ultimate head buried britnat.

Robs usually OK m8. We need to listen to other opinions but so does Rob

Nah. Not having this apologist bullshit. Anyone who has their head buried that far in the sand deserves to be called on it every single chance. He gives no fucks about Scotland or it's future. He'd see this country in flames before he'd see a break up of the union.

f**k him.

Nah. Not having this apologist bullshit. Anyone who has their head buried that far in the sand deserves to be called on it every single chance. He gives no fucks about Scotland or it's future. He'd see this country in flames before he'd see a break up of the union.
f**k him.
Fair enough but Rob can be turned. There is good in him...

Will largely depend on if we remain in customs union and the initial transition period will probably mean that is the case but if we knew we would be out of that at certain point then then that may be time to call.  I would say there would will need to be some sort of vote on that issue  early on in the transitional period out of EU for UK whether that is another referendum on access to single market or Torries with a change of leader can some how have a united position that will match the result and call a general election and outflank labour.  Labours only real hope to be biggest party in election is turn a general election into that issue referendum.

SNP position I think needs to be clear that independent Scotland would be looking to retain that single market access and would guarantee that certainty and would be only if we had government voted by the people that was against that which is hard to see for very long time if ever,  it would perhaps be the preference for EU membership by the party  but this would only be confirmed by a manifesto of election or referendum. There would be no need for a mad rush to get in EU. Also debate that immigration into Scotland is at much more manageable rate and our need to boost working population and European nationals generally have integrated here and more valued. Also really hammer about workers rights, human rights. Possibly Sturgeon could also say she would not seek to be prime minister in first post indy government.  After Yes vote will be period of negotiations etc for 16-18 months and she will be there to get that done by that time she will have been party leader for maybe 6 or 7 years at least. 

Fair enough but Rob can be turned. There is good in him...

He isn’t Anakin Skywalker, mate.

To the original question , I'll go with - if the UK stays inside the customs union/common market etc then there won't be a Indyref2 ; anything less then there will be a referendum. Although I don't know how the SNP deal with a long-term transition period of remaining inside the EU and EU institutions.  Although, I imagine the Tories will have their hardcore LEAVE MEANS LEAVE nuggets to deal with if such a thing happens and they may well bring down May's government.
Brexit really. It all comes down to what type, or if Brexit even happens.

I think it was LTL on here that claimed the best chance the SNP have for independence is a soft Brexit and to this day I have absolutely no idea why that is.

16 hours ago, NotThePars said:

He isn’t Anakin Skywalker, mate.

I think it was LTL on here that claimed the best chance the SNP have for independence is a soft Brexit and to this day I have absolutely no idea why that is.

I think the argument is that only under a soft Brexit can the UK nats be denied their favoured “we’ll enforce a hard border and stop you second-class Northern Brits trading with the rest of us” arguments.

I think the argument is that only under a soft Brexit can the UK nats be denied their favoured “we’ll enforce a hard border and stop you second-class Northern Brits trading with the rest of us” arguments.

Ah I get you. I still don’t think that would have as big an impact as a devastating hard Brexit would on people’s views towards independence.

• 2 weeks later...
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independent-scotland-would-fast-tracked-9798523#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Independent Scotland would be fast-tracked into EU says top Brussels official

Good news, but Scotland and it's Stockholm Syndrome will shite it again..

WATP types will also be true to form. Bars like Bluebells will be shutting down left right and centre in the Spanish retreats.