When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, edinabear said:

I thought indyref2 was happening in October?

It would be if Scotland wasn’t a prisoner of the UK, and denied its democratic processes by that same UK - you know, all that stuff the UK government said was unacceptable about the EU, but worse?

Perhaps you can explain how the UK both demands and refuses the rights of nations to make their own laws, exercise democracy, and protect their own interests. How can “sovereignty” and “taking back control” be both incredibly important and yet must be denied at all costs?

3F52EC25-7593-4AFE-9D4B-F505AE79F9B6.jpeg

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Why do folk pursue the "I really don't care about this" line after a few dozen unhinged posts? Self-pacifying gesture?

Anyway, hopefully next Christmas is a better time for all in the Jedi household.

It always ends the same way for this poster, no matter the opening gambit for the new account. In the endless pursuit of negative attention, the resort to scattergun abuse of TEH NATS begins…

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

It would be if Scotland wasn’t a prisoner of the UK, and denied its democratic processes by that same UK - you know, all that stuff the UK government said was unacceptable about the EU, but worse?

Perhaps you can explain how the UK both demands and refuses the rights of nations to make their own laws, exercise democracy, and protect their own interests. How can “sovereignty” and “taking back control” be both incredibly important and yet must be denied at all costs?

3F52EC25-7593-4AFE-9D4B-F505AE79F9B6.jpeg

Does the democratic will of a nation acknowledge that the majority in Scotland is quite clearly unionist?

1 minute ago, edinabear said:

Does the democratic will of a nation acknowledge that the majority in Scotland is quite clearly unionist?

European unionist, yes. We’ve not yet been allowed to express an opinion on whether we want to be part of anti-unionist, separatist, xenophobic Brexit Britain. The UK seems terrified of letting us do so.

35 minutes ago, edinabear said:

1. Do you agree that there has been a significant political change since the first IndyRef?
2. Do you agree that the people of Scotland should have the opportunity to vote in a second Indyref?

By all means answer these questions with as much detail as you wish but at least answer them clearly.

The 'new' account which as can be seen from my profile was registered in 2014...but clearly a long term alias nonetheless.

There has been a significant political change in the UK since the last Ref with Brexit, yes. There has also been a significant chance with the Tory govt changing leaders twice in this Parliament without a public mandate Nd there should therefore be a GE in the near future 

On the question of an IndyRef...there should be one, based on the SNP holding a majority of seats in the Scottish Parliament and having cited that in their manifesto 

Edited by Jedi

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

The 'new' account which as can be seen from my profile was registered in 2014...but clearly a long term alias nonetheless.

There has been a significant political change in the UK since the last Ref with Brexit, yes. There has also been a significant chance with the Tory govt changing leaders twice in this Parliament without a public mandate Nd there should therefore be a GE in the near future 

On the question of an IndyRef...there should be one, based on the SNP holding a majority of seats in the Scottish Parliament and having cited that in their manifesto 

Pro-Independence parties already hold the majority of seats in the Scottish Parliament. Thanks though 😂

9 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Pro-Independence parties already hold the majority of seats in the Scottish Parliament. Thanks though 😂

And that will be exactly what I said...carry on though.. 

14 hours ago, GAD said:

Mate, you post this same drivel every day. You aren't some noble hero bravely dissenting against the brainwashed hordes. You aren't the clever one here, you aren't the guy everyone is eventually going to slap on the back and tell you that you were correct, you are just a guy who can't handle anyone disagreeing with you on a Scottish football website.

How can he not handle anyone disagreeing?  He just debates the issues at hand.  If people resort to abuse, then why can it not be mentioned?

10 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Oh good... another new account. 

FFS switch the lamp off. It must be the light that's attracting them. 

Now now, it's just a newcomer to the site who's signed up to post on the Politics board and ask some very reasonable questions in defence of a poster who's lost their mind a wee bit.

I am sure that there is no need to be suspicious!

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Now now, it's just a newcomer to the site who's signed up to post on the Politics board and ask some very reasonable questions in defence of a poster who's lost their mind a wee bit.

I am sure that there is no need to be suspicious!

Looks like wee Jedi has reached the penultimate stage of total breakdown, moving from spittle flecked paranoia, right through to shite alias. 

Absolutely broken. Beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Looks like wee Jedi has reached the penultimate stage of total breakdown, moving from spittle flecked paranoia, right through to shite alias. 

Absolutely broken. Beautiful. 

Have to say I’m surprised - usually the “just here for honest, good-faith debate, mate, honest” lasts longer, and usually something actually triggers the raging meltdown. I guess the need for those sweet, sweet endorphins was just too strong to wait.