When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine typing out "the place I live in and call home is so shite it's not worth fighting or dying for" just weeks after the annual UK national mutual masturbation and flag fucking Festival these very same raspers have contorted Armistice day into. 

An plague upon on these people, these self satisfied arseholes who clapwank at the deaths of millions for their own filthy rag on a pole. 

38 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nope.  Needs a S30.  But still, interesting to read the limp-wristed Alex Massie the other day.  The arch-appeaser has finally woken up to Sturgeon's ignorant rabble-rousing that your post exemplifies:

263933192_massiefence.thumb.jpeg.86b72911cbfd344aadbed70d4d78040f.jpeg

Incredible to think that he got paid for that risible nonsense. The holes in it are so obvious as to not require pointing out. A bright high-school student of either political stripe could rip that article to bits.

It's interesting that the unionist argument these days has become so flimsy as to endorse basic logical fallacies and denial of reality.

I have no issue with people who are unionists because it's an emotional thing for them, but that's really all we see these days. Pre-2014 and pre-Brexit there was a reasonable poltical and social argument for being in the union. There's no longer even pretense at either of those existing now. All there is is obfuscation and denial of the shifting sands.

There are questions for the Yes movement to answer. But it's hard to argue they're bigger than those that the union has shown it cannot answer.

Edited by VincentGuerin

21 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

At the risk of being soundly shot down, and accepting that the man is quite a detestable creature. The point that Wings is making on Nicola Resigning and forcing a Scottish Election in order to force the plebiscite indy ref appears to be a very strong one.

Wings Over Scotland | How you do it

I think he's an utter arsepiece as well, but he can occasionally be correct, as here. I don't think it was his idea though, it's been around since the court decision, and has been mentioned here already. I'm in favour of it as I think it could work, and also because I feel Nicola hasn't been at the top of her game for a while and the chances of securing IR2 could perhaps be improved by a new SNP leader and FM is perhaps a little surer of herself (I say that advisedly as Jo Cherry would be my choice).

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Nope.  Needs a S30.  But still, interesting to read the limp-wristed Alex Massie the other day.  The arch-appeaser has finally woken up to Sturgeon's ignorant rabble-rousing that your post exemplifies:

263933192_massiefence.thumb.jpeg.86b72911cbfd344aadbed70d4d78040f.jpeg

Can I assume that you, having posted this article, agree with Massie's implication that "blood and soil" nationalism isn't "boring"?

36 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I say that advisedly as Jo Cherry would be my choice

If she became leader I'd bin my party membership the next day. She might be a clever lawyer but she's massively divisive, and I don't see her as an effective leader, unless it's Alba she takes over. 

If she became leader I'd bin my party membership the next day. She might be a clever lawyer but she's massively divisive, and I don't see her as an effective leader, unless it's Alba she takes over. 
I'd be right behind you
Cherry as FM would kill independence stone dead

Get that Massie article in the Pundits ! But Scottish thread pls.

Aside from that fact the article is a pile of pish, I'll not be taking any Helen Lovejoy lectures about 'politics might turn nasty' from a guy who writes for The Times and The Spectator alongside Douglas Murray.

31 minutes ago, Stringer Bell said:

Get that Massie article in the Pundits ! But Scottish thread pls.

Aside from that fact the article is a pile of pish, I'll not be taking any Helen Lovejoy lectures about 'politics might turn nasty' from a guy who writes for The Times and The Spectator alongside Douglas Murray.

Just been blocked by massie, wonder if he reads p&b? If he does hi Alex ya massive diddy.

Not only is Yes in the lead but there is majority support for a referendum next year. 

Very much looking forward to hearing the people who have said there isn't a majority for a referendum sotto voce on the timescale Sturgeon wants, shutting the f**k up. While those demanding that opinion polls rather than elections decide if we have a referendum or not telling us that opinion polls don't matter. 

Of course they won't, the cretins will just move on to the next bit of arbitrary of democracy denying pish.

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Not only is Yes in the lead but there is majority support for a referendum next year. 

Very much looking forward to hearing the people who have said there isn't a majority for a referendum sotto voce on the timescale Sturgeon wants, shutting the f**k up. While those demanding that opinion polls rather than elections decide if we have a referendum or not telling us that opinion polls don't matter. 

Of course they won't, the cretins will just move on to the next bit of arbitrary of democracy denying pish.

I read this thread with interest seven days ago and the yard was full with those hoping to get a bite.

A week is a long time in politics and I expect not to be too troubled with returning commentators any time soon.

Whereas I personally feared a legal win and what that might mean in under a year from now, I'm now left wondering if the supreme court venture was indeed a no lose for yes. In fact, the verdict may well prove to be for the best.

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

General Election polling in Scotland: (Sample 1000, Nov 26/27)

SNP 41% (-5)

Labour 31% (-)

Tories  16% (+3)

Libs 8% (+1)

Greens 2% (-1)

Pro-Independence % 43

Is that another poll or are you mistaken with what looks like a wholesale shift from UB to UR?

Fi08t6nXEAAtD5R.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Jedi said:

General Election polling in Scotland: (Sample 1000, Nov 26/27)

SNP 41% (-5)

Labour 31% (-)

Tories  16% (+3)

Libs 8% (+1)

Greens 2% (-1)

Pro-Independence % 43

Labour voters in Scotland are 37% Yes. 

So that's +11% = 54% Pro independence 

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

I read this thread with interest seven days ago and the yard was full with those hoping to get a bite.

A week is a long time in politics and I expect not to be too troubled with returning commentators any time soon.

Whereas I personally feared a legal win and what that might mean in under a year from now, I'm now left wondering if the supreme court venture was indeed a no lose for yes. In fact, the verdict may well prove to be for the best.

The UK government exepnded the vast, overwhelming majority of their resources, efforts and arguments on trying to avoid the court making a ruling for a reason.