When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Antlion said:

Haul - all you hear on the doorsteps is  what’s happening with [insert random issue like potholes or some shite that I only ever pretend to care about when speaking about wanting to move on from discussing independence]!

to be honest, if I was presented with the following, I would pause for a moment's thought:

- you can either have Independence OR we guarantee that GCC will collect your bins every week and not leave half the contents strewn all over the street (hey will also brush up after themselves should anything inadvertently spill)....

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The daft wee tartan gonks are even tetchier than usual.  Here's one of their more reasonable representatives:

Thanks for sharing that instance of an outlier. Whilst I have sympathy for their general intent, I do think that their passion is misplaced, if not preposterous.

It's just as well they are nowhere near any position of power but his "never" coup de grâce made me recall one similar type that was.

14 hours ago, DrewDon said:

The sooner Scottish politics moves on from debating independence, and instead starts discussing [insert random issue like potholes or some shite that I only ever pretend to care about when speaking about wanting to move on from discussing independence], the better!

You can't use Scotland's constitutional status to pay your bills. 

13 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Imagine trying to explain to a Swede, or a German, or a Spaniard, or an Icelander that you don’t want to be in charge of running your own country!

Kind of weird that some see us as too small or economically insignificant to even be "allowed" to ask ourselves the independence question at a time of our choosing. Just as well that these "gotcha" issues didn't apply to Malta, Tuvalu, Kiribati, St. Lucia, the Solomon Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Jamaica and Grenada.

31 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Yes, indeed. Tories are using Brexit in the exact same way the SNP (and Tories too) are using possible Scottish independence.

That tends to ignore one fact: Brexiters claimed the EU was inhibiting UK sovereignty and stopping the UK pulling the levers of power when it wasn’t; Scottish independence supporters claim the UK is inhibiting Scottish sovereignty and stopping Scotland pulling the levers of power when it is.

And bear in mind, supporting Brexit Britain means supporting the liars.

Edited by Antlion

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Easy.

We’re British.

Is “We’re British” synonymous with “we don’t want to be in charge of running our own country”, or just a standard thing to yell at foreigners who have the temerity to be speaking Swedish, German, Spanish, or Icelandic?

Edited by Antlion

3 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

you do know that when scotland becomes independent you'll still be British....

Aye - it’s always bizarre to hear the “we didn’t leave the continent - we love Europe but hate the EUUUU” contingent affect to believe that you need to be part of a political institution to retain a feeling of identity.  

Edited by Antlion

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Aye - it’s always bizarre to hear the “we didn’t leave the continent - we love Europe but hate the EUUUU” contingent affect to believe that you need to be part of a political institution to retain a feeling of identity.  

some of them just can't grasp the fact that we are all british due to living on an island called britain..they seem to think Britain is a country 🤣

1 minute ago, Meeniedee said:

some of them just can't grasp the fact that we are all british due to living on an island called britain..they seem to think Britain is a country 🤣

They probably justify it by the the UK having hijacked what was a geopolitical term far older  than … well … either GB or the UK. And then it proceeded to make the term a bit of a public enemy (nowadays more of a laughing stock) across the globe.

I suppose “British” is easier for them to type than United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irelandish”, which would at least be accurate. Even United Kingdomish would be truer than “British”, as not all of the British Isles (or their inhabitants) are owned by the UKInc.

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

They probably justify it by the the UK having hijacked what was a geopolitical term far older  than … well … either GB or the UK. And then it proceeded to make the term a bit of a public enemy (nowadays more of a laughing stock) across the globe.

I suppose “British” is easier for them to type than United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irelandish”, which would at least be accurate. Even United Kingdomish would be truer than “British”, as not all of the British Isles (or their inhabitants) are owned by the UKInc.

“British Isles”

image.gif.7b5b99381281d0ab2697918811daa224.gif