When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Have you forgotten the 1979 referendum? The clues were the use of the word "original" and the fact that Labour gerrymandered it. 

I did forget.  Sorry.  Sensible in 1979.  We should 'of' had the same rule in 1997.

Holyrood has been an unholy mess.

The “de facto referendum” is a trap for Sturgeon IMO.

The WM government’s response is obvious:

If yes parties fail to get 50% + 1: Issue dead in the water for several decades. You’ve had your second referendum and you said no again.

If yes parties do get 50% + 1: Referendum what referendum? 

The absolute best the SG could get out of it (IMO) is that a “yes” vote in the GE *might* persuade a UKG to allow a section 30. But even that’s unlikely IMO 

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I did forget.  Sorry.  Sensible in 1979.  We should 'of' had the same rule in 1997.

Ah. You don't believe in democracy. Fair enough.

Of course, the 40% barrier was beaten in 1997 (1,775,045 'Yes' votes was 44.6% of the registered electorate in 1997) Accordingly, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Finally, why put quotation marks around 'of'? Don't you do grammar?

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We should 'of' had the same rule in 1997.

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

why put quotation marks around 'of'? Don't you do grammar?

I do.  'of' instead of 'have'.  I was playing to the barely literate NatWits on here.

I seemed of 'of' caught you.

8 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I do.  'of' instead of 'have'.  I was playing to the barely literate NatWits on here.

I seemed of 'of' caught you.

Which barely literate NatWit used "of" when 'have' was actually correct?

The only recent example I can find was a drunk forgetful Britnat., who also uses 'of' when he means to say 'to'!

Anyway, why do you not believe in democracy?

5 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Which barely literate NatWit used "of" when 'have' was actually correct?

The only recent example I can find was a drunk forgetful Britnat., who also uses 'of' when he means to say 'to'!

Anyway, why do you not believe in democracy?

I think the answer there is probably “it makes for a conversation starter”. Loneliness and lack of social interaction are cruel mistresses. Even weekly, circular conversation must be a tonic. 

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dafty!

Abuse is no substitute for debate.

Why do you appear to believe in imposing an arbitrary minimum threshold for engagement in Scottish referenda, whilst not appearing to support a similar threshold in other UK plebiscites or elections?

Without an explanation, I can only assume that you do not believe in democracy

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Why do you appear to believe in imposing an arbitrary minimum threshold for engagement in Scottish referenda, whilst not appearing to support a similar threshold in other UK plebiscites or elections?

You completely misunderstand me.

The referendum announced in 2012 by Dim Dave Cameron was probably the most stupid act ever by a British politician and - by Christ - there have been a few.

What DDC did was legitimise the effete, the ignorant, the aggrieved, the stupid, the boors, the neds, the Shinners and the Anglophobes in Scotland.

Yet the combined lot of you still can't get over 50% of the popular vote.

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

You completely misunderstand me.

The referendum announced in 2012 by Dim Dave Cameron was probably the most stupid act ever by a British politician and - by Christ - there have been a few.

What DDC did was legitimise the effete, the ignorant, the aggrieved, the stupid, the boors, the neds, the Shinners and the Anglophobes in Scotland.

Yet the combined lot of you still can't get over 50% of the popular vote.

Erm, just to remind you, we were talking about the 1979 & 1997 referendums & your belief in a 40% minimum threshold for the vote to pass. We also had a slight discussion of your appalling grammar.

What does your reply above have to do with the subjects under discussion?

Perhaps you should wait until the cold light of day before replying again.

Edited by lichtgilphead

11 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Erm, just to remind you, we were talking about the 1979 & 1997 referendums & your belief in a 40% minimum threshold for the vote to pass. We also had a slight discussion of your appalling grammar.

What does your reply above have to do with the subjects under discussion?

Perhaps you should wait until the cold light of day before replying again.

Just gone from the particular to the general.  It's fine to do so.  Devolution has been a blight on Scotland.

BTW why the 'cold light of day' trope?

Scottish social cohesion and law and order under threat, says police chief | Scotland | The Guardian

Strikes, constitutional uncertainty and crisis poverty are threatening the cohesion of communities across the country, according to the head of Police Scotland.

Chief constable Sir Iain Livingstone also said planned cuts, which could result in the loss of thousands of officers, would lead to a “fundamental reduction” in the force’s ability to fairly and safely police large events and demonstrations.

Time for the police to start cracking heads then?  😀

A police source underlined that Livingstone had not intended to make a political point,

But he did anyway. 

Edited by Suspect Device