When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Unionists will be smug about this but I don't think it helps them. UNIONIST COURT PREVENTS SCOTS EXERCISING DEMOCRATIC RIGHT! will be the spin and there's some truth in it.

Not sure, though, that future elections as referenda-by-proxy will work. Many people (like me) have voted SNP because 1) We're pro-independence and 2) Scottish Labour are mince. This has kept the SNP in power for a long time, along with having a leader who commands general respect. However, their rubbishness at running schools, hospitals, railways and transport, etc must surely come to roost some day. Scottish Labour can't always be as rubbish.

And if the SNP are eclipsed, Independence is dead. Crap as they are, there's no other credible pro-Independence party.

Yeah no surprise with this decision and The Chief Mammy would have known this was coming. Wonder if she will carry on with her toy town referendum in 11 months now? It's over.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

So this is the status quo for the forseeable. SNP winning most Scottish seats, governing in Scotland but unable to move forward with independence. 

I can't see this changing any time soon.

Maybe they should try doing that.  As I said after the 2016 EU farrago 'the SNP should govern their way to independence' but they chose greetin' and girning instead, sadly.

The result was inevitable, did we honestly think that a court in London would rule otherwise?

As long as westminster has the Scottish oil and gas revenue they will not let us go.

Remember that the tories voted against devolution and a Scottish Government, we are the last Colony of their long gone empire.

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

So this is the status quo for the forseeable. SNP winning most Scottish seats, governing in Scotland but unable to move forward with independence. 

I can't see this changing any time soon.

Yeah spot on. I can't see how that changes in the coming decades tbh. There is no sign of any credible independence party splitting the independence vote (remember alba lol). So the indy vote will remain almost united behind the SNP and this will continue to win them elections over the split LAB/LIB/CON unionist vote.

3 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Unionists will be smug about this but I don't think it helps them. UNIONIST COURT PREVENTS SCOTS EXERCISING DEMOCRATIC RIGHT! will be the spin and there's some truth in it.

Not sure, though, that future elections as referenda-by-proxy will work. Many people (like me) have voted SNP because 1) We're pro-independence and 2) Scottish Labour are mince. This has kept the SNP in power for a long time, along with having a leader who commands general respect. However, their rubbishness at running schools, hospitals, railways and transport, etc must surely come to roost some day. Scottish Labour can't always be as rubbish.

And if the SNP are eclipsed, Independence is dead. Crap as they are, there's no other credible pro-Independence party.

Maybe it’s about time the Scottish electorate started to vote in politicians who know what they’re doing rather than idiots with SNP tagged on to their jerseys.

Conservatives like myself probably have little chance but maybe it’s time for Labour to get a chance to see what they can do. Can’t be any worse than Sturgeon and her mob.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Maybe it’s about time the Scottish electorate started to vote in politicians who know what they’re doing rather than idiots with SNP tagged on to their jerseys.

Conservatives like myself probably have little chance but maybe it’s time for Labour to get a chance to see what they can do. Can’t be any worse than Sturgeon and her mob.

😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Labour weren't exactly brilliant pre-2007 and after their cuddle-fest with their Tory pals in 2014 the Scottish electorate told them what they thought about them.

My ideal scenario would be Scottish Labour telling Sirkier 'Make Brexit Work' Starmer where to go, declaring their own independence, apologising for the decades where they took their vote for granted, apologising for their disastrous reliance on the doomed electoral tactic of suggesting anyone pro-independence was a NASHNALIST NAZI FASCIST, and start campaigning for independence themselves.

A man can dream.

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

And the problem stays, we are constantly hampered by not having full control of our own affairs and whoever is in charge in Hollyrood will get the flak. 

Says a lot that a Tory considered voting Labour though, like they've had anyone resembling competent for at least 2 decades.

Best we can hope for is a GE with a Labour/SNP coalition Gov set-up under the agreement that the law is changed and the Scottish Government is given the right to hold referendums as it sees fit instead of continuing with this ridiculous state of affairs where we have to request permission from WM.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Best we can hope for is a GE with a Labour/SNP coalition Gov set-up under the agreement that the law is changed and the Scottish Government is given the right to hold referendums as it sees fit instead of continuing with this ridiculous state of affairs where we have to request permission from WM.

Dream on.

image.thumb.png.f72053033753affd98edc057289a0d02.png

Sirkier 'Make Brexit Work' Starmer has made quite a few fantastically stupid statements over the piece. He'll have to renage on some of them. A coalition isn't on the cards but given the likelihood of an emphatic SNP win in Scotland, and a meh Labour performance in England with the Brexiteer outposts remaining stubborn, Labour may have no choice but to turn to some agreement with the SNP. After all, Scottish Labour happily jump into bed with Tories in Scottish Councils, why should that be more unacceptable?

Of course, whatever our views about the SNP, if you're happy to remain in the Union and get Tories and Johnson and Brexit and loads of other stuff we don't want and don't vote for, you are most welcome.

No to see our two idiot yoon trolls and one frothing racist mess predictably jizzing themselves all over this thread. I'll leave everyone to decide which is which 😂

I think we're just missing a meme from Spongeheid that looks like it was concocted by a family pet for the full house. 

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The law is such a scam. That statement of the obvious probably cost millions.

I'd send every single person in that court to work in the fields for a few years. 

It was just political theatre. Sturgeon knew she'd lose - her own lawyers told her this. She done it so she has an excuse for not holding another indy referendum next year. it was the big bad court that done it.