When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:
I'm all for an independent Scotland but the sub-ed that let this headline lead for the Supreme Court ruling and its importance for the way ahead will be asked to leave on independence. Why not just put a big capital A instead of It's? "It's huge day" ffs. 
image.png.1525167c253d7aa78756f9244841e02e.png

Given the magnitude of the announcement it's amazing that the National is the only front page main headline.

The other papers wouldn't want to set themselves up for a fall by calling it a big day then having to backtrack and play it down in the event of a favourable outcome for Yes. Of course if the SG rule against it will be DISASTER, CATASTROPHIC across all the shitrags tomorrow.  

Not feeling terribly confident of a good outcome tbh. 

26 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
9 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:
I'm all for an independent Scotland but the sub-ed that let this headline lead for the Supreme Court ruling and its importance for the way ahead will be asked to leave on independence. Why not just put a big capital A instead of It's? "It's huge day" ffs. 
image.png.1525167c253d7aa78756f9244841e02e.png

Given the magnitude of the announcement it's amazing that the National is the only front page main headline.

Absolutely, so all the more reason for a headline that makes sense. I'm angrier about this than I probably should be, "It's huge day", ffs, but replace "It's" with "A" and that's a better headline. Imo, 😄.

16 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Of course if the SG rule against it will be DISASTER, CATASTROPHIC across all the shitrags tomorrow.  

😄 No doubt abou that!

I suppose we’ll find out once and for all if this much trumpeted “partnership of equals” is a voluntary Union or not 

I suspect not and the tedium will continue on and on with every single PM just saying “No” because they can 

Edited by Frank Grimes

20 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Does anyone actually think that the court will rule in our favour?

I doubt it.

(As in that the Scottish government do have the power to call a2nd referendum)

I think it's at least possible.  But no. 

Possible outcomes in order of desirability:

Yes crack on

No beat it.

Not going to rule on this until legislation is more advanced.

Not going to rule on this and we're not going to allow a further submission*

*this is the sort of doomsday scenario where the constructive ambiguity (but no, no you cannae) can continue forever.....

The worst outcome would be a non decision.

If it's ruled that the Scottish government doesn't have the power to hold a referendum then would that not be good news for yes? Unionists are all about being better together, union of equals etc. 

This would clearly show it's not a voluntary union and certainly not a union of equals.

Just now, GTG_03 said:

The worst outcome would be a non decision.

If it's ruled that the Scottish government doesn't have the power to hold a referendum then would that not be good news for yes? Unionists are all about being better together, union of equals etc. 

This would clearly show it's not a voluntary union and certainly not a union of equals.

Did anyone ever think it was?

You can’t blame the Supreme Court for that, it’s clearly the right call. They judge solely on the law and the law is pretty clear that the constitution is a reserved matter.

In a moral sense however it clearly isn’t right. What now?

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

It’s a No

No democratic route for Scottish independence 

Yes there is. The same route that has always existed.

Scotland will become independent if and when a bill stating as much is passed through the Westminster parliament. 

Just now, Donathan said:

Scotland will become independent if and when a bill stating as much is passed through the Westminster parliament. 

Difficult to see how that happens given the outright hostility of both Tory and Labour Party.

Just now, Donathan said:

Which will never happen, therefore no democratic route as they will block it from now until the end of time