When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I'm Yes to No because this lady and her fridge magnets were right, making decisions is hard. 

anti-independence-ad (1).jpg

I stopped having profane pro-indy thoughts once I started eating my cereal.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
11 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:
I dont understand what we are waiting for now, we should name the date for the next indyref asap. To pass up an opportunity like this could be regretted later.

It was announced - 19 October 2023.

Well, it was announced that that's the proposed date - far less clear that it's actually going to occur on that date, given the legal wrangling about competence etc and the seeming unwillingness of the UK Government to "allow" it.

I don't think we can say anything has been "called", unfortunately, only proposed.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well, it was announced that that's the proposed date - far less clear that it's actually going to occur on that date, given the legal wrangling about competence etc and the seeming unwillingness of the UK Government to "allow" it.

I don't think we can say anything has been "called", unfortunately, only proposed.

agree, Thats what I was thinking also. At moment its only proposed. We shouldnt wait any longer things have changed so fast and with the Tories decimated, time to take charge rather than wait on some establishment ruling that most likely is going to say a much delayed no anyway. 

BTW Whats the plan if/when its a no?

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

I stopped having profane pro-indy thoughts once I started eating my cereal.

Can mind when it came on after a debate I think it was. 

Thought it was a parody until the end when it showed it was by the no campaign or whatever. Un fucking real.

On 18/10/2022 at 09:56, BudBudBud said:

I'd say so.

With so much turmoil in the world, many just don't want to think about it.

A lot of independence voters realise they had their chance in 2014.  People just want to get on with their lives, and the momentum within the Independence movement has all but disappeared.  Yestival was nothing more than a damp squib.

People can only focus on the constitution for so long before they get bored and hardly anyone is even talking about this alleged referendum in just over a years time.

Brexit makes the case for independence even weaker, as getting into the EU would be a highly lengthly, complicated state of affairs with all sorts of questions of currency, the border, the debt etc.  This would be coupled with all the complexities of splitting off in the first place.  Scexit and Eujoin at once?  It would make Brexit look like a walk in the park.

Ive certainly moved from yes to no, im a massive fan of being poorer. My gran used to tell me about living in slums, using food rations and rolling black outs etc, it sounds like a great laugh and the only way to guarantee that is to vote no. Im also a big fan of the shift to the far right that politics has taken since 2014, its quite sensible to just blame foreigners for everything thats going wrong. 

1 hour ago, BudBudBud said:

The fact that so many people don't know the date, or that a referendum is allegedly taking place, shows just how lacklustre the supposed campaign is and how little momentum the movement has.

It's almost as if they have no intention of ever having a referendum and are using it as a carrot to get numpties to vote for them in perpetuity. 

36 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's almost as if they have no intention of ever having a referendum and are using it as a carrot to get numpties to vote for them in perpetuity. 

Aye, the SNP definitely don't want Scotland to be independent.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye, the SNP definitely don't want Scotland to be independent.

That's the conclusion anyone would reach if they browsed through Nippy's latest 'Economic Case for Independence' pamphlet.  Not only do they not want it but they don;t know how to go about  it.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Give your head a wobble you dafty.

Every other political party in the UK, Europe and North America is full of chancers who are only after career advancement and personal enrichment but the SNP are immune to it......

Who's the dafty here?

At this point believing that Sturgeon is pro independence is as daft as thinking Starmer is pro worker. 

23 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

On a related topic, has anyone started drawing up a list of the "great and the good" who have claimed that they will leave Scotland if it secures its independence?

Going to guess a lot of them may already be mentioned somewhere in this thread

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/215084-people-you-dislike-for-no-proper-reason/page/141/#comment-15224859

Edited by bdu98196

25 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Every other political party in the UK, Europe and North America is full of chancers who are only after career advancement and personal enrichment but the SNP are immune to it......

Who's the dafty here?

At this point believing that Sturgeon is pro independence is as daft as thinking Starmer is pro worker. 

Give your head a wobble you dafty.

That they dont seem able to make any political gain in an ever deepening crisis at westminster, is just that they are clueless would be my guess.  It feels like a wasted opportunity. Maybe they are just too cautious but you have to take some risks to take a country into independence.

Edited by BigDoddyKane