When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thing that's brought me round to "better together" is how Britain's global reputation has soared since 2014. We even get special consideration at European borders with the kind officers asking us if we have somewhere to stay and enough money, the Germans and Italians are just shoved straight through the exit. Marvellous! And they point out we can stay for a full 90 days, I'm sure that's much longer than before we got rid of the stifling EU bureaucracy red tape. And they insist on us not doing a stroke of work the entire time! Mon the Union!

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm voting 'No' in Sturgeon's pretendyRef2 because I'm sick of this vile separatist weather we've had since 2007, and the only way to get rid of it is if they close down the glorified parish cooncil at holyrood for good.

Dross is p***king on about something about Scotland turning into Venezuela on independence, so I'd take that as read as the weather will get better. Should be good. Pabellon is a piece of piss to cook, it's basically Irish stew, the only bit might be sourcing plantains. 

ETA - apologies, it was Dross who said it, won't happen. You're stuck with the drizzle I think, sorry chief. 

Edited by carpetmonster

I voted no in the first vote. I have drifted towards yes but I’m still undecided. The SNP haven’t really presented a proper financial case for it. Emotionally I am already there and the shambles that is the rest of the UK emphasises this feeling.

I am aware it is pretty hard to finalise the financial aspect for an independent Scotland but they have presented nothing. Just relying on fairly non-descript suggestions which is not going to get a yes vote. The currency is a big one as she wants to keep using the pound for a period but then your fiscal policy is essentially dictated in london. What happens to mortgages? Pensions?

I’m all up for Scotland being independent but it’s not a be all and end all if we end up financially worse off

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

DRoss is p***king on about something about Scotland turning into Venezuela on independence, so I'd take that as read as the weather will get better. Should be good. Pabellon is a piece of piss to cook, it's basically Irish stew, the only bit might be sourcing plantains. 

If your average peely-wally scots lass turns into an olive skinned, raven haired Venezuelan beauty, then I'm all for the decades of austerity on steroids that we are assured comes hand in hand with self-governance. 👍

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

As someone who is very right wing, I'm delighted with the strides the UK has made since 2014. Put me down as another yes to no convert.

Sorry Joe, but as you reside in England you will not be able to vote.

Enjoyed your performance on the Kuennesburg programme though.....

9 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I voted no in the first vote. I have drifted towards yes but I’m still undecided. The SNP haven’t really presented a proper financial case for it. Emotionally I am already there and the shambles that is the rest of the UK emphasises this feeling.

I am aware it is pretty hard to finalise the financial aspect for an independent Scotland but they have presented nothing. Just relying on fairly non-descript suggestions which is not going to get a yes vote. The currency is a big one as she wants to keep using the pound for a period but then your fiscal policy is essentially dictated in london. What happens to mortgages? Pensions?

I’m all up for Scotland being independent but it’s not a be all and end all if we end up financially worse off

Currency is the major unresolved issue from last time. Leaving while still having Sterling and changing later just seems mental. 

There’s a new major issue since last time in that free trade with the EU and with rUK isn’t a given. There might be a choice between which bloc’s trade is better to have. “Gravity” suggests rUK might be economically better but it’s probably politically divisive. 

My personal take is that economically there’s unlikely to be more than a rounding error in it in the short term with very little predictability either way.

I am edging towards NO as, the last few weeks (perhaps years)have definitely shown us that strong and stable government at Westminster is a perfect example of the UK's strong shoulders protecting us in Scotland.  We are with outdoubt Better Together.

Oh, that and how could Scotland possibly compete on it's own in Eurovision?  Think about that you vile Nats !!! 

8 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Will the Scottish Government, once independence has been won, hold a referendum about joining the EU?

The SNP have said if they gain independence we will rejoin.  I don't think it'll go to a vote.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

The SNP have said if they gain independence we will rejoin.  I don't think it'll go to a vote.

I think it would be best to go to a vote - get it done quickly.  I would hate to lose an independence referendum as the small percentage of |independence supporters who backed Brexit might not vote Yes. It is the most democratic way of re-joining and I think it would be won by around 85 - 15

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

I think it would be best to go to a vote - get it done quickly.  I would hate to lose an independence referendum as the small percentage of |independence supporters who backed Brexit might not vote Yes. It is the most democratic way of re-joining and I think it would be won by around 85 - 15

I agree.  I think there should be referenda on stuff like EU membership, Pound v Euro, how big a cunt Douglas Ross is.  It's the democratic thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

I suspect that ship sailed some time ago.

I think you'd have to put it to a vote, but in reality any independence campaign that has re-joining the EU as one of it's central planks, and won - well a subsequent vote on the EU should be a cake walk.

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I agree.  I think there should be referenda on stuff like EU membership, Pound v Euro, how big a c**t Douglas Ross is.  It's the democratic thing to do.

The question on DRoss would need to be objective though.

”How big a c**t is Douglas Ross”

1. Huge

2. Massive

3. Enormous

ETA 4.  All of the above.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

I’d be a big fan of an independent Scotland banning anyone sitting in the HOL from public office up here 

I don’t think it’ll matter; the BBC will still have Baroness Sausages on a batphone and George Foulkes should be able to find a park bench to have a kip and pish himself on. 

Has the union?
Keeping in mind this isn’t a vote for the status quo going forward 

Personally, I don’t the no side need to present a financial case. Assuming the GERS figures are accurate (aware not representative of Scotland as an independent country) then we seem to do well financially out of being in the UK. So it’s upto the yes side to present a case which shows that scotland being independent is going to be better.

The shambles that brexit has caused would indicate that there are going to be huge issues caused by it. Becoming a member is also guaranteed and there are financial obligations that need to be met. Can we show we can meet these when we are essentially a new country?

I was a big fan of NS but lost a lot of confidence in her during the Covid times (aware a vote for independence is not a vote for her). She also seems to be contradicting herself with talk of wanting to stop oil and gas whilst basing her hopes of creating a fund using oil and gas revenues (using todays prices which, again, could be seen as risky).

I hope this doesn’t come across as negative and siding with no but these are genuine concerns and I don’t think she is able to answer them

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’d be a big fan of an independent Scotland banning anyone sitting in the HOL from public office up here 

Except it’s not democratic.  With few exceptions anyone should be able to stand for election.