When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah, there's definitely loads of 2014 Yes voters who will vote No next time around.  

For example me, I voted Yes in 2014, but with Brexit, The Tories being fucking useless, lying cunts and the North of England falling and bowing to their racist overtones, which see Scotland stuck with them, I'm definitely voting No next time.

Labour too, they look really handy.  #BetterTogether

46 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah, there's definitely loads of 2014 Yes voters who will vote No next time around.  

I voted Yes in 2014 but by putting little union jacks on the boxes of vaccines and seizing the opportunity created by the worst public health crisis in 100 years to empty the treasury into their own back pockets for PPE that didn't work and definitely cost the lives of patients as well as nurses and doctors has made me see in vivid red white and blue technicolour just how wrong I was. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He was very big for the independence movement in 2014.

If he doesn’t like the plans, there must be a big problem.

I would think this story will run.

Where are you getting that from? He's a tax accountant from Norfolk, currently lecturing in Sheffield, I don't know if he's ever been to Scotland. His main beef is poor collection of data on tax receipts, profit and earnings so you can't tell where money is coming from and going to, he advised Corbyn on it re tax evasion and avoidance. The Scottish angle is it's difficult to tell what money and assets belong to Scotland because the data isn't collected and differentiated properly. 

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, BudBudBud said:

I'd say so.

With so much turmoil in the world, many just don't want to think about it.

A lot of independence voters realise they had their chance in 2014.  People just want to get on with their lives, and the momentum within the Independence movement has all but disappeared.  Yestival was nothing more than a damp squib.

People can only focus on the constitution for so long before they get bored and hardly anyone is even talking about this alleged referendum in just over a years time.

Brexit makes the case for independence even weaker, as getting into the EU would be a highly lengthly, complicated state of affairs with all sorts of questions of currency, the border, the debt etc.  This would be coupled with all the complexities of splitting off in the first place.  Scexit and Eujoin at once?  It would make Brexit look like a walk in the park.

🤣

17 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Too wee, too poor 

Another unelected list tory MSP talking shite and childishly scaremongering.

How would an Independent Scotland have coped with Covid?

Well Denmark is a prosperous and thriving country with a similar population as Scotland and weathered the Covid crisis with a relatively low rate of infection and death.

Check the following site; The Covid-19 pandemic in Denmark: Big lessons from a small country - PMC (nih.gov)

Boris Johnson continually made a big deal about his tory governments response to Covid, his response was no different from most other western countries.

What Johnson repeatedly always avoids is the fraudulent awards of business for PPE supplies which was not put out to competetive tender, and then Hancock refused to publish details of the contracts awarded.

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He was very big for the independence movement in 2014.

If he doesn’t like the plans, there must be a big problem.

I would think this story will run.

Murphy is as much in the general Scottish/UK populations consciousness as you are.

Well, what's convinced me of the unionist case is the growing list of small European countries forming an orderly queue to leave the EU and come under the rule of Westminster.  Y'know, like errr... em.... no, don't rush me, give me a minute... 

😂

Seriously... if Scotland was independent at the moment, even the most ardent, forelock tugging, union Jack hugging, Daily Mail or Express reading, "I know my place" chanting founder members of the Jacob Rees-Mogg fan club wouldn't be suggesting that we team up with and agree to be governed by Westminster.  Enough. 

A lot of independence voters realise they had their chance in 2014.  People just want to get on with their lives, and the momentum within the Independence movement has all but disappeared. 

This is just absolute rubbish. “You voting Yes again mate? Nah man, we had our chance in 2014.”

Said no one ever.

13 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

This is just absolute rubbish. “You voting Yes again mate? Nah man, we had our chance in 2014.”

Said no one ever.

I think he genuinely believes it.  Unionists are mental.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I reckon there's less than 50 people who would convert from Yes to No.  

I can honestly say that I don't know any. Now it might be, like the "shy Tory" theory, some folk hide it, but when the subject of independence comes up, (and it does), going over to the dark side doesn't get mentioned. 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

I voted No in 2014 as a daft 18 year old, ever since the Brexit result was announced in 2016 I’ve been 100% for Independence. I do not know anyone that voted yes that would now vote no

I was an incredibly soft Yes in 2014 but the last 8 years have been mental and I'm now an extreme Yes.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I was an incredibly soft Yes in 2014 but the last 8 years have been mental and I'm now an extreme Yes.

I was a very vocal No and even had a full on argument with my 6th year English teacher about it 😂 Brexit, the way Covid was handled, the general attitude towards us from JRM and the rest of the tories has put me firmly in the Yes camp.