When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, BudBudBud said:

Because the UK is a country, and if you have an emotional attachment to it then you don’t want part of it splitting off.

it’s not being denied anyway, because Scots don’t want it.

What a great first post on a football forum.

1 hour ago, BudBudBud said:

Because the UK is a country, and if you have an emotional attachment to it then you don’t want part of it splitting off.

Och....since its your first post... have a sweetie son.

Now off to bed .

1 hour ago, BudBudBud said:

Another part of it, surely? It started breaking up a hundred years ago. Like Jack Dawson, you have an emotional attachment to a one-legged prostitute.

9 hours ago, BudBudBud said:

@SandyCromarty I've asked that question so many times myself. Wow, the answer was so blindingly obvious. 

9 minutes ago, BudBudBud said:

Thanks mate, I thought so too.

The notion that all countries think about is money-in and money-out is a ridiculous one.

Most people, whether they like to admit it or not, have a sense of Nationhood that resonates more deeply than whether areas of the country make the rest of us a profit or not.

I wonder if in an independent Scotland, Sandy would advocate for getting rid of Dundee, going by the same logic?

This account won't last until Christmas, far too obvious.

Next. 

11 hours ago, BudBudBud said:

It is not, and never was, a singular country, it consists of two countries which signed the Union of the Crowns in 1603 with James the 6th of Scotland becoming James 1st of England as follows;

The Crown of England and the Crown of Scotland remaining both distinct and separate despite James's best efforts to create a new imperial throne. England and Scotland continued as two separate states sharing a monarch.

There then followed in 1707 The Act of Union which was in effect the union of the Scottish and english parliaments, but Scotland and England remained two separate sovereign countries, this is defined by two great areas of State which is Law and Church.

Scotland retained it's own Church and it's Legislature which still stand to this day and is far removed from the Churchof England and precedent based English Law.

For clarification Wales is a Principality governed by English law and Northern Ireland is a Province, neither are mentioned in The Act of Union, they were presumably, by England at that time, part of England

Now as to your statement that the UK is one country then explain how a country within that country wants Independence, as to your argument Scotland does not exist.

Independence is inevitable whether next year, ten or twenty years in the future it will happen, we cannot carry on with a corrupt westminster government which among many other injustices  dragged us out of the EU.

But to finish, answer my question as to if Scotland costs so much to england financially why won't they let us go. Do you know why? and it is nothing to do with your one country nonsense.

Fuck me, first the EU queue pish, today it's 'The UK is country'.

What's the fallacy for tomorrow?  We've had penshuns and currency.  I'll take defence/NATO if that's ok with everyone?

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

f**k me, first the EU queue pish, today it's 'The UK is country'.

What's the fallacy for tomorrow?  We've had penshuns and currency.  I'll take defence/NATO if that's ok with everyone?

Has annex Faslane came up yet? I’m old enough to remember that being discussed in 2014

6 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Has annex Faslane came up yet? I’m old enough to remember that being discussed in 2014

I think it was mentioned briefly yesterday but there wasn't much discussion on it.

Interesting to see that Dorothy Bain herself, doesn't appear to believe in her own arguments, or indeed in the 'competence' of the Scottish govt to hold a Referendum at present...Some quotes from her this week:

1) “I could not clear the bill as appended. I do not have the necessary confidence that the bill is within the competence of the Scottish parliament
2) “A referendum on a matter which is ultra vires, is also ultra vires” (so beyond the powers of the Scottish parliament then, in Bain's own opinion)
3) “It is a peculiarity that the Scotland Act refers to the Union of the Kingdoms of Scotland and England. Those states no longer exist, having been replaced by the United Kingdom”…(two hours later) “Nothing turns on the peculiarity. The union is a full political and economic union between what were two previously independent countries.”
4) “There is clearly a cogent argument that the Scottish Parliament does not have the competence to pass this bill”

Don't see the Supreme Court route ending well when the SNP's own appointed lawyer doesn't actually believe that the case should or could win.

Edited by Jedi

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

f**k me, first the EU queue pish, today it's 'The UK is country'.

Just read a summary of a report’The Road to the Scottish Currency’ by the Scottish Currency Group which states that it is likely that the SG will take over, on Independence Day, the paying of UK state pensions to Scottish residents.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Just read a summary of a report’The Road to the Scottish Currency’ by the Scottish Currency Group which states that it is likely that the SG will take over, on Independence Day, the paying of UK state pensions to Scottish residents.

And what about all the money Scots have paid into their pensions before independence? Who will pay that?

Of course they will, but some form of settlement will have to be reached with the rUK over compensation for contributions that have already been collected by them.
Is this still a bone of contention?