When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

53 minutes ago, strichener said:

Thanks for your very detailed response.  It has certainly shed light on how you came to your position.  Of course that neither makes it sensible or logical.

As others have pointed out since, it matters not a jot what has been done with my NI contributions, the absolute fact is that I have now contributed sufficiently to the UK pension scheme for it to pay me a full pension.  Nothing that I do now (bar dying) will remove that entitlement.  Just as all those ex-pats that leave either before or after retirement age are entitled to their pension.

I think the main flaw in your argument is that you are confusing expenditure and liability.  That the UK government spend the contributions that are made is neither here nor there in regards to the liabilities that they are accepting by taking the payment.

Finally, it is a well trod path that there is no fund.  There is a fund albeit one that is massively underfunded. NIF Link

Disagree but let’s agree to disagree.

I did as you asked to the best of my ability, which I do recognise may be incorrect , but hey, time will tell.

How can you disagree with fact?

Edit - It’s not for you to disagree with, if you’ve paid the minimum NI contributions, you’ll get your full UK state pension should you live in a non-UK country (Spain, Scotland, NZ). 

Edited by TheScarf

8 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

He clearly wasn't expecting to actually be reminded of his "vow" in that interview.....but...but..but...."look at the smallprint."

Weasel words.

Do the London media still shamelessly peddle the line that, whilst those down south know Brown is a dirty b*****d, the thick, tribal Scots still think his farts smell like rose water and will thus believe his every lie?

3 hours ago, strichener said:

Thanks for your very detailed response.  It has certainly shed light on how you came to your position.  Of course that neither makes it sensible or logical.

As others have pointed out since, it matters not a jot what has been done with my NI contributions, the absolute fact is that I have now contributed sufficiently to the UK pension scheme for it to pay me a full pension.  Nothing that I do now (bar dying) will remove that entitlement.  Just as all those ex-pats that leave either before or after retirement age are entitled to their pension.

I think the main flaw in your argument is that you are confusing expenditure and liability.  That the UK government spend the contributions that are made is neither here nor there in regards to the liabilities that they are accepting by taking the payment.

Finally, it is a well trod path that there is no fund.  There is a fund albeit one that is massively underfunded. NIF Link

A few points you may wish to add Strichener, in your response to DPB.

Your place of residence matters not a jot as regards Scots receiving their pension entitlement. e.g. Ex-pat Brits retiring to Spain etc.,

Also..the point made about Scots only receiving pension benefit from SCOTTISH contributions (and vice-versa with rUK claimants) is arrant nonsense.

The truth of the matter is ...looking ahead to post-Indy Scotland... I imagine there will be a degree of 'horse-trading' taking place. e.g.share in assets?...Buying time for Trident removal until suitable replacement base constructed (if at all)... these kind of things.

Incidentally... I thoroughly recommend folk view the YouTube vids of Steve Webb (Lib Dem pensions Sec of State in the coalition gov at time of Indy ref) in committee answering Iain Davidson (Slab.MP).

On 03/09/2022 at 16:35, sophia said:

No I wasn't aware so I troubled myself with an online search, found the following words and decided not to click ...

"The people of Scotland are sovereign"

You don't believe the people of Scotland are sovereign then?  Are you truly for an Independent Scotland then.

Can someone tell me when the SNP plan to start the Independence campaign 2023?  Why does there seem to be no excitement or movement compared to the 2014 campaign. 

Edit: Why did Blackford bend to Royalty?

Why did Sturgeon do the same? 

Why has the SNP become part of the British establishment?

Edited by Kenneth840

6 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

Can someone tell me when the SNP plan to start the Independence campaign 2023?  Why does there seem to be no excitement or movement compared to the 2014 campaign. 

Weird that you've turned up making the same arguments as Kincy.

On 24/09/2022 at 15:59, Kenneth840 said:

My guess is that they are waiting for the decision from the Supreme Court.

Politeness

Ditto

Not really, no Lords. That's a significant difference between the SNP, Scottish Greens and some other political parties.

17 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

Weird that you've turned up making the same arguments as Kincy.

I found it remarkable that he turned up hinting at being the exact kind of fantasy Nationalist that said poster used to chunter on about years ago, but that seemed in precious short supply in reality. When I was making digs about "what are the odds Kenny's next talking point is <x>," that's where I was getting them from.

Still waiting for him to launch into talk about armed resistance, but that would see him launched from the forum, I'd have thought.

Edit: it's quite funny that nobody's been engaging with his Friday/Saturday evening posts lately, so a new account (not you, Zern) has been replying to his important postulations on gender  :P

Edited by BFTD

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

But what currency will you use?

Answer please.

Will you take that answer on the side of a bus, or would you prefer vague promises directly from politicians’ mouths? I know that’s all you needed in the last referendum.