When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Who is ‘they’?

I don’t see it as anyone not wanting to let us go, because there’s no evidence that most Scots want to go.

Ill still answer the question though.. there’s more to a country than finances, economics and GDP.  Losing part of your territory is embarrassing and would be a betrayal to most Scots, who are comfortable being British.

Cool Britannia 😎🇬🇧

Would you say comfortable would be someone who feels at least "equally Scottish and British" ands would include "More British, than Scottish" and "British only"?

13 minutes ago, Snafu said:

PARIS, Aug 23 (Reuters) - TotalEnergies (TTEF.PA) and partner SSE Renewables (SSE.L) on Tuesday announced the first power generation from their Seagreen wind farm off the coast of Scotland -- a $4.3 billion project which will be Scotland's largest offshore wind farm.

Well there we go another step towards self sufficiency for Scotland as the combined efforts of TotalEnergies and SSE are ready to reap the rewards of this Auld Alliance as the Sea Green Offshore Wind Farm is now up and running and when in full production could provide renewable energy for 1m homes.

https://www.reuters.com/business/sustainable-business/totalenergies-sse-renewables-produce-first-power-seagreen-windfarm-2022-08-23/

''When it is operational, the wind farm will support about 700 jobs, with about half based in Scotland.''

It could will ours not England's ours, f**k off you can't have it.

Let England continue to rely on imported gas forever and we in Scotland can support our own energy demands via renewable.

It isn't ours, or Englands or even the UK's.  It's been sold off to private enterprise.  It might be off the coast of Scotland but it belongs to Total and SSE. 

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It isn't ours, or Englands or even the UK's.  It's been sold off to private enterprise.  It might be off the coast of Scotland but it belongs to Total and SSE. 

As bad as any selling off of oil by Thatcher imo.

Chief Mammy can do no wrong tho.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

So any given poll that shows a slim lead for Indy would undermine that sentiment?

In 2014, opinion polling was very generous to the Nats compared to the actual result.

Whilst we shouldn’t ignore polling completely, we should still take it with a pinch of salt and add on a few per cent for Britain, unless they’ve changed their methodology.

I think a poll that said something like 55% Yes with the undecideds included would undermine the sentiment.

1 minute ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

In 2014, opinion polling was very generous to the Nats compared to the actual result.

Whilst we shouldn’t ignore polling completely, we should still take it with a pinch of salt and add on a few per cent for Britain, unless they’ve changed their methodology.

I think a poll that said something like 55% Yes with the undecideds included would undermine the sentiment.

The 2014 polling was ultimately still within the range of the median polling in those final days which was around 48%, the "spike" having abated. Post 2014 polling has the advantage that they can tune respondents vs. their recalled 2014 vote, allowing an extra degree of freedom to balance a given sample correctly. So you probably shouldn't be whacking arbitrary % onto any result you get.

53 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

It wasn’t tho. We did this a couple of pages back. 

ETA - oh wow, 10 pages back. There's been that much bandwidth wasted since then? You seem to have deleted the post where you had a hissy fit about being given the links to polling - good thinking but Welshy quoted it beforehand, so ultimately futile. I know you won't respond to this because you're still pretending to have me on ignore. Keep seething. 

Edited by carpetmonster

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Who is ‘they’?

I don’t see it as anyone not wanting to let us go, because there’s no evidence that most Scots want to go.

Ill still answer the question though.. there’s more to a country than finances, economics and GDP.  Losing part of your territory is embarrassing and would be a betrayal to most Scots, who are comfortable being British.

Cool Britannia 😎🇬🇧

Scotland is now an english territory?

Now you are being very silly.

The last four letters in territory more than suit you., 

With Brexit you will find the tide has turned and most Scots now identify as Scottish only.

The embarrassment for Scots is being politically tied to a fraudulent westminster government and a lying prime minister plus an incoming pm who has stated she will destroy the trade unions, so forget zero hours contracts, food banks and starvation minimum wages as there is plenty more to come from your british government, so enjoy and continue backing the enemy of the working people to wallow in your'britishness' .

I strongly disagree Sandy.. the UK clearly falls into the dictionary definition of ‘country’.

I think our government is against partition because we, the British people, have elected MPs who feel that way.

I don’t think the marriage has gone wrong either.  It has been incredibly successful.

Partition! now there's one from the past, look what england created with the partition of Pakistan and India, thousands upon thousands murdered and still hostilities to this day.

The Scottish people have not elected a tory government in 70 years

When will you brainwashed fools wake up

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Scotland is now an english territory?

Now you are being very silly.

The last four letters in territory more than suit you., 

With Brexit you will find the tide has turned and most Scots now identify as Scottish only.

The embarrassment for Scots is being politically tied to a fraudulent westminster government and a lying prime minister plus an incoming pm who has stated she will destroy the trade unions, so forget zero hours contracts, food banks and starvation minimum wages as there is plenty more to come from your british government, so enjoy and continue backing the enemy of the working people to wallow in your'britishness' .

An English territory?  Your words, not mine.  I certainly don't see Scotland as such.

I don't mind if you call me a Tory - I don't see it as an insult.  If you don't like their policies then that's your perogative.

'The embarrassment for Scots'?  You don't speak for Scots.

5 hours ago, renton said:

The 2014 polling was ultimately still within the range of the median polling in those final days which was around 48%, the "spike" having abated. Post 2014 polling has the advantage that they can tune respondents vs. their recalled 2014 vote, allowing an extra degree of freedom to balance a given sample correctly. So you probably shouldn't be whacking arbitrary % onto any result you get.

This image always comes in handy whenever this subject arises.

Polls.jpg

The polling was way out.

5 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

As bad as any selling off of oil by Thatcher imo.

Chief Mammy can do no wrong tho.

Unfortunately for you and your misogyny, Seagreen has been in development for over a decade and the original licence was awarded by The Crown Estate

So apart from Nicola Sturgeon having nothing to do with this, your knee jerk reaction is bang on the money.

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

Unfortunately for you and your misogyny, Seagreen has been in development for over a decade and the original licence was awarded by The Crown Estate

So apart from Nicola Sturgeon having nothing to do with this, your knee jerk reaction is bang on the money.

Fair point. I didn’t pay attention and thought this was about ScotWind.

Original criticism still stands on that sale.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Partition! now there's one from the past, look what england created with the partition of Pakistan and India, thousands upon thousands murdered and still

British India was pretty-much a Scottish fiefdom and partition was as much a Scottish affair as an English one.

You are right - unusually for you - in identifying 'partition' as a daft idea.  The shame is that you want to do it in Britain.

This image always comes in handy whenever this subject arises.

Polls.jpg

The polling was way out.

You don't understand statistics, do you Dhurie.

Firstly, you are comparing poll results with figures given for "don't knows" with the final result. That's a big no-no in statistical terms.

Secondly, every poll apart from the final two will not factor in the effect of "The Vow" 

As usual, we can safely ignore your witterings.