When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Look, if you have an issue with me then make a complaint to the moderators.

Maybe you've done that already and you got told to f**k off, maybe even received a warning hence this tears and snotters act.

I'll leave you to it, I've got better things to do with my time.

No tears and snorters at this end, Snaffles, and I have no intention in complaining about you.

I’ve had no warnings from the mods, because they likely know that this is my sole alias.

You’re barking up the wrong tree.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Any case that has to be made has to come from the separatists.

Actually, I think the best case for an independent Scotland is currently being made by the baton-changing from Johnson to Truss disaster that's currently under way. I'm sure the language coming from the Truss camp is making quite a lot of people wake-up to how we are seen. Couple that with her "plans" for the future and, well, once an indy campaign starts...

Actually, I think the best case for an independent Scotland is currently being made by the baton-changing from Johnson to Truss disaster that's currently under way. I'm sure the language coming from the Truss camp is making quite a lot of people wake-up to how we are seen. Couple that with her "plans" for the future and, well, once an indy campaign starts...
The Sunday Times no less was highlighting this very point on it's front page this morning. Truss will be a huge asset to any indy campaign. bf4ca2a827f4c69b20648c5cc6c66abf.jpg

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

The Sunday Times no less was highlighting this very point on it's front page this morning. Truss will be a huge asset to any indy campaign. bf4ca2a827f4c69b20648c5cc6c66abf.jpg

Aye, folk thought that about the incumbent too.

There are a large number of people in the 65+ bracket who won't change their minds, even if the new Prime Minister dissolves Holyrood and moves to make Scotland a part of England. Some would cheer her on.

We're still waiting for them to continue dying off, I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Apparently in the Suday Times /Panelbase pollig, the usual indy question results in 49 yes, 51 no. However when they followed that up with a similar question under Truss as PM, the scores change to 52 yes 48 no.

That's ot a bad starting position...

6 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Apparently in the Suday Times /Panelbase pollig, the usual indy question results in 49 yes, 51 no. However when they followed that up with a similar question under Truss as PM, the scores change to 52 yes 48 no.

Seemingly they have called in the A team as Ruthie and Arlene Foster are set to embark on a tour promoting the union...yes honestly 2 unelected peers that will sort out the vile separatists 

3 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

It's mental to think there could be so many people who'd change their mind over something so huge depending on which transitory politician happened to be sitting at the top of the cabinet table.

If being ruled by Westminster was a notably better option than independence, a stint of Truss, Johnson, or Nadine Dorries shouldn't damage somebody's faith. They'll be away soon enough anyway, and the system will continue.

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Seemingly they have called in the A team as Ruthie and Arlene Foster are set to embark on a tour promoting the union...yes honestly 2 unelected peers that will sort out the vile separatists 

I knew about Foster’s campaign but wasn’t aware of Davidson’s.

Will be interested to see how it goes. 

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

It's mental to think there could be so many people who'd change their mind over something so huge depending on which transitory politician happened to be sitting at the top of the cabinet table.

If being ruled by Westminster was a notably better option than independence, a stint of Truss, Johnson, or Nadine Dorries shouldn't damage somebody's faith. They'll be away soon enough anyway, and the system will continue.

Yeah, that's pretty much Scot Goes Pop's opinion.

Curiously, the headlines generated from this poll have been less about the headline numbers, and more about the hypothetical numbers in the highly likely event that Liz Truss becomes Prime Minister next month.  Yes would supposedly move into a 52-48 lead in that scenario.  As is always pointed out, results from hypothetical questions have very little credibility - we've seen that in the past with results predicting there would be a decisive swing to Yes if Brexit occurred, or if a particularly Hard Brexit occurred, or if Boris Johnson became Prime Minister.  The problem is that by asking how people would vote in an indyref, and then asking how they would vote in an indyref if Truss is PM, you're drawing attention to the Truss Factor and implying it's the sort of thing that could change people's votes, which might in itself be enough to nudge certain respondents in a particular direction.  It's worth noting that the hypothetical question about Sunak being PM also shows a lower No vote - which makes no sense, because voters should already be factoring in the certainty that either Truss or Sunak will shortly be in Number 10.

Nevertheless, the poll is still extremely valuable because it helpfully feeds the narrative that a Truss premiership will be a gift for the pro-independence campaign (as indeed it probably will be in the long run).

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

There are a large number of people in the 65+ bracket who won't change their minds, even if the new Prime Minister dissolves Holyrood and moves to make Scotland a part of England. Some would cheer her on.

This 66 year-old isn't one of them.  And I wouldn't discount the sizeable number of much younger boneheaded Unionist bigots in Ayrshire, Lanarkshire and the Lothians.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

This 66 year-old isn't one of them.  And I wouldn't discount the sizeable number of much younger boneheaded Unionist bigots in Ayrshire, Lanarkshire and the Lothians.

I know; I'm just going by the demographic polling. You're heavily in the minority.

Thankfully, the young boneheaded bigots seem to be too, which must be a massive worry for them. Mystifying, as they've done such a good job of promoting their beliefs!

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

While I'm way off being in that age group I'm afraid you have it all wrong, no doubt there are some of that era who will remain tory/labour, I know by my various AUOB marches/knockin on doors and attending rallies that you will find that there are as many older die hard Independence supporters as there are of any other section.

It would disadvantageous to the cause to write sections of the community off due to their age. 

May I remind you that Kingdom of Scotland as a Sovereign Nation was formed in centuries past.

Political movement for a self governing Scotland began in the 19th Century.

All before you were born obviously.

To suggest that people of a certain age were not involved is ridiculous

Bear in mind that the SNP were returned with a majority in 2011 prior to the age 16 vote, could it be that over 65's were involved in that?

As a member the last thing I want to see is ostracising some of our Scottish folk, we are all in this together for the future of our childrens children and their children.

Scotland One Country One People!

Just as a wee btw, Nicola attended an Edinbugh Festival theatre production last night and was cheered loudly as she entered the auditoreum.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

While I'm way off being in that age group I'm afraid you have it all wrong, no doubt there are some of that era who will remain tory/labour, I know by my various AUOB marches/knockin on doors and attending rallies that you will find that there are as many older die hard Independence supporters as there are of any other section.

It would disadvantageous to the cause to write sections of the community off due to their age. 

May I remind you that Kingdom of Scotland as a Sovereign Nation was formed in centuries past.

Political movement for a self governing Scotland began in the 19th Century.

All before you were born obviously.

To suggest that people of a certain age were not involved is ridiculous

Bear in mind that the SNP were returned with a majority in 2011 prior to the age 16 vote, could it be that over 65's were involved in that?

As a member the last thing I want to see is ostracising some of our Scottish folk, we are all in this together for the future of our childrens children and their children.

Scotland One Country One People!

Just as a wee btw, Nicola attended an Edinbugh Festival theatre production last night and was cheered loudly as she entered the auditoreum.

Did you even read my post?

57 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Arlene wears Union Jack socks.

FACT!

If I was a supporter of the Union and I wanted a couple of representatives to proclaim the benefits of that Union - particularly to those living in Scotland - I'm not certain that a member of the House of Lords and an Orange Order supporting, anti same sex marriage, Brexit supporter would be 1 and 2 on my list. 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Everything great about British 

ED0AE18C-DF74-491B-95D1-5A89271D18AD.jpeg

06B7AC83-D273-4DD1-A4A9-AA38416A46B4.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

If I was a supporter of the Union and I wanted a couple of representatives to proclaim the benefits of that Union - particularly to those living in Scotland - I'm not certain that a member of the House of Lords and an Orange Order supporting, anti same sex marriage, Brexit supporter would be 1 and 2 on my list. 

This mystifies me a bit too. The strategy always seems to be playing to the hardcore 'NO NO NO!' vote.

I appreciate the government are confident that they can just indefinitely block any further discussion about Scotland's sovereignty, but there's been no attempt whatsoever to win over Scotland's youth. It's like they don't actually give a shit about what happens in the future, the current government just wants to avoid being in charge when the inevitable happens.