When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's neither of these things.  There is no right to Britain being partitioned.  And although I don't vote Conservative I  am happy that Truss and Sunak have made this point clear.

What our next PM has to do is either ban secession - like Germany -  or raise a high bar - like Canada.

What we can't have is Britain being held to ransom by a thicket of small-minded xenophobes.

The issue was settled in 2014 and that's that.

You're right though.  Hate should never win, and laws should be in place to stop them continuing to hold the country to ransom.

some unhinged and ill-informed indy supporters spouting and shouting nonsense at a on his best day, competent, BBC reporter - nothing short of horrific. Such hateful scenes. 

Successive Tory Govts feeling more and more enabled to make vulnerable and ever more poorer people at the bottom end of society destitute and without hope or options, whilst they fill their pockets through self serving decisions that benefit less than 2% of the population (supported by the "opposition" who are content with the current voting and establishment structures) - that's politics. Nothing to see here. 

In the welter of criticism that has followed the actions of a few utter roasters in Perth earlier this week I have seen absolutely no reference anywhere to the most violent political demonstration in Scotland in recent times.

I refer of course to the evening of Friday 15th September 2014 when hundreds of Unionist thugs ran amok in Glasgow's George Square, attacking both participants in a peaceful assembly of Yes supporters and basically anyone who upset their loyalist sensibilities.  And lest we ever forget, Jo Cox MP was murdered by a right-wing British Nationalist assassin.  

Supporters of Scottish Independence need to maintain a stance of law-abiding protest but they need take no lectures from anyone when it comes to evidence of genuinely violent behavior.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

In the welter of criticism that has followed the actions of a few utter roasters in Perth earlier this week I have seen absolutely no reference anywhere to the most violent political demonstration in Scotland in recent times.

I refer of course to the evening of Friday 15th September 2014 when hundreds of Unionist thugs ran amok in Glasgow's George Square, attacking both participants in a peaceful assembly of Yes supporters and basically anyone who upset their loyalist sensibilities.  And lest we ever forget, Jo Cox MP was murdered by a right-wing British Nationalist assassin.  

Supporters of Scottish Independence need to maintain a stance of law-abiding protest but they need take no lectures from anyone when it comes to evidence of genuinely violent behavior.

George square was a two way thing.

The behaviour of the Nats, who for some reason still wanted to hog the square despite having lost, was despicable.

Their anger and sense of entitlement was beyond belief.  It was understandable though, given the grudge and grievance they’d been fed for months.

As one policeman rightly said to an angry, overweight Nat: ‘Everyone has a right to be here’

36 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Antifa plants IMO.

Lord Frost brands Scottish independence 'morally wrong', calls for devolution to 'evolve back'

Morally wrong. Where would you even begin to challenge this statement? Evolve back presumably a thinly veiled start to the dismantling of Holyrood. 

11 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Lord Frost brands Scottish independence 'morally wrong', calls for devolution to 'evolve back'

Morally wrong. Where would you even begin to challenge this statement? Evolve back presumably a thinly veiled start to the dismantling of Holyrood. 

I particularly liked him sharing Bill Cash’s:

“Being a real Brexiteer for sovereignty, democracy and self-government, I have voted for @trussliz. She has led from the front on Ukraine, repeal of EU law, saving Northern Ireland, and real policies for economic growth. Vote for Liz today #LizForLeader”

for sovereignty, democracy and self-government”

“for sovereignty, democracy and self-government”

*whispers* but not for you, Scotland - that’s just immoral*

40 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

27 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I particularly liked him sharing Bill Cash’s:

“Being a real Brexiteer for sovereignty, democracy and self-government, I have voted for @trussliz. She has led from the front on Ukraine, repeal of EU law, saving Northern Ireland, and real policies for economic growth. Vote for Liz today #LizForLeader”

for sovereignty, democracy and self-government”

“for sovereignty, democracy and self-government”

*whispers* but not for you, Scotland - that’s just immoral*

A guy with no mandate preaching to a nation of five million.

He needs a punch in the pus.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's neither of these things.  There is no right to Britain being partitioned.  And although I don't vote Conservative I  am happy that Truss and Sunak have made this point clear.

What our next PM has to do is either ban secession - like Germany -  or raise a high bar - like Canada.

What we can't have is Britain being held to ransom by a thicket of small-minded xenophobes.

Britain is dead already matey.

There is no case to make for the union, bar making it illegal to leave. (That is not a union by-the-way).

You know that the little Englanders would vote for partition in their droves given the chance. They would love to show us Jock Scroungers the door.

It is all over. 

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I know this is petty, but would you please stop referring to the UK as Britain. 

3 hours ago, Big Rider said:

Britain is dead already matey.

There is no case to make for the union, bar making it illegal to leave. (That is not a union by-the-way).

You know that the little Englanders would vote for partition in their droves given the chance. They would love to show us Jock Scroungers the door.

It is all over. 

The only thing that will be all over, imminently, is the ongoing separatist nightmare.

The 2023 referendum won't go ahead, Nippy will quit, and the SNP will be left with Angus Fibertson, who has all the appeal of a dead badger.

Once the party faithful finally realise that a 2nd referendum ain't happening and their new leader is essentially a tartan tory, they'll either flock back to Labour or just not vote.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

5 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

The only thing that will be all over, imminently, is the ongoing separatist nightmare.

The 2023 referendum won't go ahead, Nippy will quit, and the SNP will be left with Angus Robertson, who has all the appeal of a dead badger.

Once the party faithful finally realise that a 2nd referendum ain't happening and their new leader is essentially a tartan tory, they'll either flock back to Labour or just not vote.

You need to accept that Britain is dead old chum.