When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's all opportunistic grievance-mongering designed to appeal to the hard of thinking.

Don’t like the competition? It’s been a while since you’ve necro-posted your own grievance-mongering thread, come to think of it … overdue, surely?

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Silly.  An anti-EEC party demanding Britain be partitioned becomes a pro-EU party demanding Britain be partitioned?

It's all opportunistic grievance-mongering designed to appeal to the hard of thinking.

Are you still suggesting that the UK partitions Scotland (your post 23/7 @ 0115), or was that just due to the toilet duck & turps cocktail?

Edited by lichtgilphead

22 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Are you still suggesting that the UK partitions Scotland (your post 23/7 @ 0115), or was that just due to the toilet duck & turps cocktail?

Absolutely - and I've suggested these ideas going back for a couple of years.  The Nats have poisoned the well and iScot would be ungovernable so we have to protect Scotland's decent people.

Given how polarised Scotland has become over the past 8 years I can see several way of breaking the logjam.  A couple of options:

1. The most workable.  Have the contiguous parts of Scotland - starting with D&G and the Borders - remain with the nice part of Britain.   Maybe extend that through to East Lothian and E'burgh.  Give Orkney and Shetland the chance to be Crown Dependencies.  Maybe A'deen(shire) too.

2. The less practical but more amusing option is to corral the boors, neds and Shinners into the rustbelt around east Glasgow and Dundee and to keep them away from decent people.  This, again, is something I've mentioned before.

What we can't do is cave in to the empty-headed Natter notion that Scotland is a social, political or cultural homogeneity and we have to affirm that pitting Scotland against England is a piece of nonsense.

I'd also use the Barnett Bonus of £12Bn per annum (pre covid) to help fund businesses who want to relocate with their staff in the event of The Nasties winning a ballot.  This could be part of a 'leveling up' scheme to help some English regions.  A win-win in anyone's book.

Obviously it needs some work but I doubt you'd have any objections to these ideas.

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Absolutely - and I've suggested these ideas going back for a couple of years.  The Nats have poisoned the well and iScot would be ungovernable so we have to protect Scotland's decent people.

Given how polarised Scotland has become over the past 8 years I can see several way of breaking the logjam.  A couple of options:

1. The most workable.  Have the contiguous parts of Scotland - starting with D&G and the Borders - remain with the nice part of Britain.   Maybe extend that through to East Lothian and E'burgh.  Give Orkney and Shetland the chance to be Crown Dependencies.  Maybe A'deen(shire) too.

2. The less practical but more amusing option is to corral the boors, neds and Shinners into the rustbelt around east Glasgow and Dundee and to keep them away from decent people.  This, again, is something I've mentioned before.

What we can't do is cave in to the empty-headed Natter notion that Scotland is a social, political or cultural homogeneity and we have to affirm that pitting Scotland against England is a piece of nonsense.

I'd also use the Barnett Bonus of £12Bn per annum (pre covid) to help fund businesses who want to relocate with their staff in the event of The Nasties winning a ballot.  This could be part of a 'leveling up' scheme to help some English regions.  A win-win in anyone's book.

Obviously it needs some work but I doubt you'd have any objections to these ideas.

It's nice to see that you appear to have reversed your view on "partition" Here's my idea regarding how we can make it work...

rUK can retain most of Ibrox. The 850-odd away allocation can remain part of Scotland.

Obviously, this will  mean that the rest of Ibrox will be subject to the same border checks that will be enforced at Berwick, Gretna, Straraner, Holyhead & Dover.

That way, rUK will be able to control their borders, and the supporters of the union will be happy to queue to get their passports stamped every second Saturday.

I can see this being a win-win for both sides. The away teams won't have to leave Scotland, whilst the Subway Loyal will have to leave at five past three to get through customs.

Makes everybody proud to be British, what?

Edited by lichtgilphead

12 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

It's nice to see that you appear to have reversed your view on "partition"

I haven't.  Partitioning Britain is for the dafties.  If that becomes a possibility then we need a 'get out' for the decent people.

21 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Tbh I would gladly give up Barnett for the billions that are filched off us annually.

Thankfully only dullards, egged on by a dug food salesman, believe the UK's only net exporter.....and exporter of both its most valuable commodities..... actually runs any kind of deficit similar to that of the rest of the fUK. 

11 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The best thing about independence is how irrelevant the orange order freak show will become.

On 24/07/2022 at 15:24, Kenneth840 said:

Why wouldn't someone that is pro Independence not be interested in something that will help the cause to make Scotland Independent again?  Why wouldn't you as a pro Independence person be interested in the Claim of Right?  

I do read the Yours for Scotland website.  I think the criticism of the FM is warranted because who else would miss the many opportunities of the past few years to go for it.  This could all have been done years ago.  I don't understand why it is being done now, when it could have been done ages ago. 

What are your views on the proposed referendum in October 2023?  If it goes ahead and there is a Yes vote, what happens next?

Whoever wins, an Indiref 3. And perhaps a Brexit 2.

I know many YES voters who want true independence, not under London or Brussels. Sturgeon never mentions them, her fantasy independence is as likely as the Titanic sailing into New York. 
After independence, that'll be one of the choices the people of Scotland can make.
A discussion based on facts,hopefully will precede that decision. Not lies written on the sides of buses, or spouted by those who will benefit one way or the other.
The experience of the last few years will also be considered, I would expect.

1 hour ago, TapothehullDee said:

I know many YES voters who want true independence, not under London or Brussels. Sturgeon never mentions them, her fantasy independence is as likely as the Titanic sailing into New York. 

But you don’t appear to be one of them. You appear to support independence and oppose political union - unless that union really destroys sovereignty, and is draped in a Union Jack, in which case it becomes good.

So, basically, bugger off wringing your hands about “true” independence for Scotland; you literally support ultra-dependence in ways that put Jean-Claude Juncker to shame.

1 hour ago, TapothehullDee said:

No you don’t.

On 25/07/2022 at 12:10, Anonapersona said:

The best thing about independence is how irrelevant the orange order freak show will become.

I have posted such many times but the OO has never been relevant in Scotland.  And has never had any political influence.

If you look at vids of 'the big walk' in Glasgow this year then you'll see that my phrase, "A few auld guys going for a dauner with musical accompaniment' is absolutely on the money.

That the few auld yins left in Scotland's OO continue to rile Scotland's NatWits and others is to their immense credit, though.

Edited by The_Kincardine

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I have posted such many times but the OO has never been relevant in Scotland.  And has never had any political influence.

If you look at vids of 'the big walk' in Glasgow this year then you'll see that my phrase, "A few auld guys going for a dauner with musical accompaniment' is absolutely on the money.

That the few auld yins left in Scotland's OO continue to rile Scotland's NatWits and others is to their immense credit, though.

To say they have never had political influence is just not true.