When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

If anyone's going to nuke England, I'd rather they threw a few our way too, as grinding through radiation sickness and the nuclear winter is for the birds.

Face mask outside and in shops should keep you safe enough.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

Russia should ‘nuke’ England but spare Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, says Putin propagandist (msn.com)

Russia’s best-known propagandist has threatened to break up the United Kingdom and "nuke" England, while sparing Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

CF1098AD-4C28-4425-BBD4-9F28C06F6E12.thumb.jpeg.2ea01e7c97dfc8f31a5954750ec4b11f.jpeg

Just now, sophia said:

What's all this 60% that is creeping into the Unionist narrative?

Seems reasonable.  Johnson with an 80+ seat majority on 40+ percent of the votes.  It’s only reasonable to set a 60% threshold for Independence.

46 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Face mask outside and in shops should keep you safe enough.

Back in 1976 when I were a lad, we just had to endure the blast wave from thermonuclear devices and get on with it, unlike the coddled snowflakes of today.

The Met Office are at it with these forecasts of atomisation and outbreaks of radioactive death.

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

The eternally-shifting goalposts. If we're still stuck in this mess in a decade, and the tick-tock effect hits 60% in a poll, then they'll want 70%.

Or the referendum will be granted, but will require a 85%+ turnout to be valid, ensuring that unionists will stay at home to ensure it isn't.

I wish they'd make their mind up whether or not an election can be turned into a de facto referendum.

It almost seems like the answer is "no, unless you use our terms, which would see you lose".

On 15/07/2022 at 19:40, Duries Air Freshener said:

Nationalist mates of mine use similar arguments Kenneth, and to be honest I’m not familiar enough with UN rules/laws to argue back.

I just think it’s far fetched to think that a general election could be turned into a plebiscite, without the approval of all the parties.  Lib/Lab/Con would just campaign on the usual issues.

What other countries have successfully morphed a general election into a plebiscite on a single issue, against the will of the other parties?  Not saying you’re wrong here, but I genuinely don’t know, and reckon their situation would be far different to Scotland’s.

Scots sovereignty.  At the polls we decide. (We have a constitution, check out Salvo.scot 

I honestly can't name any here, but if this is a voluntary peaceful union, then there must be a peaceful way to leave.  

Edited by Kenneth840
Addition to text.

21 hours ago, sophia said:

More bollox to believe we are subjugate to wm..

14 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

When it come to us..... these people don't do democracy.

Lets go. Show them the Scots are up for it. 

7 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Are we forgetting that nothing changes even if it is agreed?  Nicola Sturgeon herself more or less said it won't result in Independence.  We are getting too carried away. Again. 

I know I’ve only me to blame, but occasionally watch GBNews just to annoy myself. Tonight Farage extended the “once in a generation” lie to “a lifetime”.  To a live audience of gammons who seemed keen for us to have another referendum to get shot of us. Feel the love, Scotland. Feel the love. 

Edited by Academically Deficient
Spelling

2 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

I know I’ve only me to blame, but occasionally watch GBNews just to annoy myself. Tonight Farage extended the “once in a generation” lie to “a lifetime”.  To a live audience of gammons who seemed keen for us to have another referendum to get shot of us. Feel the love, Scotland. Feel the love. 

What ever happened to Farage believing nations should “take back control”?

Also, it’s hilarious that the dirty b*****d has been reduced to grifting to the five people (six including you) who watch GBNews - this, the con artist once given his own green room at the BBC.

3 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

Maybe he’s a Runrig fan.

11 hours ago, Antlion said:

What ever happened to Farage believing nations should “take back control”?

Also, it’s hilarious that the dirty b*****d has been reduced to grifting to the five people (six including you) who watch GBNews - this, the con artist once given his own green room at the BBC.

True. But the horrifying thing is he’s not even the worst on the channel. The truly appalling Dan Wooton (formerly showbiz gossip monger for the S** and celebrity shit stirrer on “Lorraine”) has his own 2 hour show!! His pathological hatred of Scotland’s FM is chilling/hilarious depending on how many drinks I’ve had.

4 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

True. But the horrifying thing is he’s not even the worst on the channel. The truly appalling Dan Wooton (formerly showbiz gossip monger for the S** and celebrity shit stirrer on “Lorraine”) has his own 2 hour show!! His pathological hatred of Scotland’s FM is chilling/hilarious depending on how many drinks I’ve had.

Does it rival his hatred of Megan Markle?

14 hours ago, Academically Deficient said:

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe he’s a Runrig fan.

Maybe so but he is also definitely a Talking (a lot of crap) Head.