When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That gif pretty much sums up the entire thread from both sides.

Not one of you would talk to each other like this face to face in a pub over a pint because if you did, the outcome within 10 seconds would be predictable and painful.

Yeah, it does seem like that at times.

I don't know, though, it's a very different environment in a pub and I'd like to think a more nuanced engagement with the arguments/points raised would be possible. Sometimes, however, a wee fun reply pointing out a ridiculous statement (on a fitba forum) might be enough to cut through a ludicrous statement. Or not.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Only in the minds of the daft wee gonks who are unable to read the AoU.

You are often referred to as a unionist.

Have you ever been called a countryist?*

If the answer is "never, never, never", then we should agree that we're living through the dying days of a union.

*careful reading is advised 

4 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

I think you are wrong.  Westminster would have to accept an election that was SOLELY campaigned on Scottish Independence.  Other countries have done the same. If Westminster didn't respect the result, then surely Internationally they would become even more of a pariah state.  The UK is a member of the UN and signed up to its charters, so I guess they have no choice but to accept.  I do not believe that it would set Scotland back decades, it could only bring Independence quicker. 

Nationalist mates of mine use similar arguments Kenneth, and to be honest I’m not familiar enough with UN rules/laws to argue back.

I just think it’s far fetched to think that a general election could be turned into a plebiscite, without the approval of all the parties.  Lib/Lab/Con would just campaign on the usual issues.

What other countries have successfully morphed a general election into a plebiscite on a single issue, against the will of the other parties?  Not saying you’re wrong here, but I genuinely don’t know, and reckon their situation would be far different to Scotland’s.

27 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

I would be interested to hear our British nationalist posters describe what they consider a democratic pathway for Scotland to regain its independence.

Daft wee tartan gonks should simply eat their cereal and accept tory rule.

9 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

I would be interested to hear our British nationalist posters describe what they consider a democratic pathway for Scotland to regain its independence.

Scotland had its say and voted not to be a country ever again in 1707.

Seriously, I don't know why anyone would engage at this point. The excuses have been gradually whittled away down to the point that we're at the GIF below.

They've disappeared down the same fascist hole as the Republicans in the States - "if my values aren't popular enough, democracy can take a hike".

MaP8KT.gif.0be88b84834dfa1364fe4c8bdb9a5

Seriously, I don't know why anyone would engage at this point. The excuses have been gradually whittled away down to the point that we're at the GIF below.
They've disappeared down the same fascist hole as the Republicans in the States - "if my values aren't popular enough, democracy can take a hike".
MaP8KT.gif.0be88b84834dfa1364fe4c8bdb9a5f68.gif
In fairness only 10% voted back in 1707. The hard working peasants were not allowed. It was the 10% of Tartan gonks (forefathers of our current rugby support) that made the decision

21 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
32 minutes ago, BFTD said:
MaP8KT.gif.0be88b84834dfa1364fe4c8bdb9a5f68.gif

In fairness only 10% voted back in 1707. The hard working peasants were not allowed. It was the 10% of Tartan gonks (forefathers of our current rugby support) that made the decision

It was those same Gonks who kicked off the whole Darian expedition and bankrupted our country, not to mention the English navy making our colonists lives very difficult. 

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

MaP8KT.gif.0be88b84834dfa1364fe4c8bdb9a5

A unionist fascist hole?

Arthur Donaldson would be turning in his grave.

4 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

A unionist fascist hole?

Arthur Donaldson would be turning in his grave.

Only 1 MP was interned during WW2.  Who was it?

Archibald Henry Maule Ramsay - Scottish Unionist MP.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

In fairness, it is quite difficult to argue with someone who just says Scotland isn’t really a thing. 

It’s hard to know what to say to that. 

"f**k off"

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It was those same Gonks who kicked off the whole Darian expedition and bankrupted our country, not to mention the English navy making our colonists lives very difficult. 

They bankrupt themselves not the country 

Aye, the Alien Act is always conveniently overlooked